Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
I used to write all the time and got out of the habit recently, when I had a kid and had to work full time again. I want to start a blog and maybe eventually do freelance writing, but that's a topic for the other thread. It's blogging a waste of time? What platform should I blog on if it isn't a waste? Do I need to pick a theme and stick with it, or can I just write about whatever is on my mind? I guess the goal I have with blogging is to be able to point to my blog when asked for a portfolio since I don't have any experience as a freelancer. Is that a terrible idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

What kind of freelance writing are you hoping to do in the future?

I guess I haven't thought about that. A lot of what I've seen (and been interested in) is for articles on company blogs or for copywriters. I need to get started somewhere and most places want to see a portfolio, and I can't build up a portfolio of professional work if I can't get a job. My short term goal is to supplement my income and my long term goal is to do freelance writing for a career.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
Minneapolis/St. Paul have a ton of pro sports teams and is a great place to raise a family.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
I have a question about Publisher 2016. I've been put in charge of the company newsletter and I have a photo with a transparent background. When I'm editing, it looks great. When I email preview or email it to myself to see how it looks, the transparent image backgrounds and text box backgrounds are a lighter shade than it looked while working on it. How can I make the text boxes and image backgrounds actually transparent so it blends?