Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
I'm stumped right now, trying to look for a term to help me do some research.

I have a drawing right now in black and white. It's actually white on black. I want to make a variation on the design if I ever want to print black on white. I dont want to do this as a negative, i want the tones to remain consistent (as much as possible)

I'm stuck because i think there should be a word for what i'm trying to do, isolating a drawing so that it can work with whatever background it'll end up in.

That's the design. I guess I'm looking for a way to knockout the black background in as clean a way as possible without effecting the black on the drawing itself? Should this have been something I'd have done from the very beginning? I worked pretty flat to get this where I wanted it to be on Adobe Fresco. I'm wanting to not have to trace with the lasso tool at 2 in the morning if I can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU