Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
are there any good video tutorials on brush selection? specifically digital brushes in photoshop or gimp or whatever? i usually work in pixel art so whenever i try to blunder my way through digital painting i feel like i'm just trying brushes at random without really knowing what they are supposed to be used for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thank you, those were all super helpful tips and that video was exactly what i was looking for

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

does anyone have a recommendation for a book of botanical references to draw from? im thinking just various kinds of trees/bushes/ferns etc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hi thread i need help again, sorry. someone requested prints from me and i don't even know where to start. i understand more or less what i need to do from the technical side in terms of preparing the artwork, but not at all what i'm supposed to do from the business side. is a small print run even feasible to do with next to no capital to start with? should i just get it done at a printing shop and mount it on some board if i don't really anticipate selling more than 10 units or whatever? is this just a problem that has been solved by some service on the internet that i should just use?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i've made massive leaps in my artwork since picking up krita within a couple of months even, not even needing to watch any youtube tutorials, just asking for help here now and then