Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
In a somewhat similar boat, I'll be picking up a new tablet this month (hand me down intuos1 to a 4 hooray!) and I want to get better at utilizing its abilities. I've always been a pencil/paper kind of drawing type, and I'm having immense trouble trying to adapt to the possibilities of a tablet. I'm talking about color or even just grayscale, I see so many amazing drawings with a seperate color layer slapped together to make a finished product and my brain can't think like that. Does CC have any advice or know where I can get started on evolving my ability?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Just started messing around with illustrator, and for some reason it doesn't recognize my tablet pen's pressure levels, angle, etc. the way photoshop did for me. A friend of mine mentioned something about preferences and settings but he hasn't gotten back to me. Any ideas?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Just got a new intuos4 and the program I chose to draw with is the free sketchbook express Wacom offers. It's a nice program, but I'm wondering if I should just spring for sketchbook pro 2010 instead?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Looking to spend more time focusing on drawing, and would like to pick up a decent model for references. I'm not a big fan of the classic wood ones but have no idea what's considered good among all the other types out there.