Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

That's a pretty hype mix, listened to it on a drive to a ski resort. Kept us all awake anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Just wanted to say techno music is great to study to; I love this thread.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Dubstep is pretty fun to listen to... :)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

jonmitz posted:

I never see any sort of disco house/"house house" ever posted here, no other goons other than myself into it?

I listen to your mixes. I listen to all the mixes posted here except D&B. That stuff hurts my ears..

I wish more people here spun hip hop.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

If you guys are mixing do you usually match the old song 2 the new song or the new song 2 the old song?

do you usually speed up on the next song? is every song sequentially faster (bpm) than the last song? is there a guide somewhere? the only guide I've read is nem0nic's, it's pretty helpful but I want more tech info. thankx.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

OK, after you mix in a new song do you speed it back up or just keep it at the old tempo?

very helpful thank you

edit: ok just reread that... ok

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

People who mix mp3's... do you have your collection organized by bpm, or what? And how do you know the bpm of a song?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

jonmitz posted:

http://www.awesometownradio.com/jonmitz/

http://www.awesometownradio.com/jonmitz/mixes/TF4/TF4_tracklist.txt
Length: 2:01:21
Size: 277 Mb
Quality: 320kbps

Techno/Minimal/Tech House
:siren: download :siren:
http://www.awesometownradio.com/jonmitz/mixes/TF4/TurbulentFlow4_JonMitzman.mp3

1 Powa - Milton Channels
2 Natural Juice - Kellerkind
3 Into The Club - Channel X
4 Mistral B (Koen Groeneveld Remix) - Paul Nazca, Leslie Kei
5 Tension (Popof Remix) - Freakx Brothers
6 Tongue - Nyra
7 It's Time To Party (Alex Seda Remix) - George Morel, SPJ
8 Stimulation - Deep Sound
9 Paranoid Call (KOS Mix) - Logiztik Sounds, Audiobill
10 Left Behind (Rafael Noronha & Re Dupre Remix) - D-Nox & Beckers
11 Trauma - Andre Winter
12 Tabasco - Moles
13 Guilty Pleasure - Guy Gerber
14 Physiological Rhythms (The Dark Night Mix) - D.Ramirez
15 The Off World - Noir
16 You're Not Me - Beckers, HatÞeld
17 2nd To None - Umek
18 LaLaLaLaLaLa (James Harcourt Remix) - Tyrrell
19 Emotional Distortion (Popof Remix) - MOS
20 Oxyde (Phunk Investigation Remix) - Egostereo
21 Anything You Want (Beckers Remix) Astronivo feat. DJ Zombi
22 Cyclic (D-Formation Remix) - Xavi Beat
23 Fobia (Piatto Remix) - Spartaque
24 Keep - Abity
25 Seven (Conrad Rogers Bangn Tech Remix) - Against The Grain
26 The Hideout (Ramon Tapia Remix) - David West
27 Sleep Over It - Sundan
28 Speak - Ee-Sma
29 No Rest (Jerome Isma-Ae & David Portman Remix) - Johnson, Haske
30 Anymore (Chris Reece Remix) - Luciano Di Nardo
31 I Keep Breathing ("Return From Paradise Vocal Mix) - Dankann, Aqua Diva
32 Shadows (Inpetto Remix) - Those Usual Suspects

I will post my liveset from when I was at circus in a couple days :)

Haha dude I love the track with Bush which one is that

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

mingster posted:

Opulence - Free Charles Barkley (77:31)
http://www.divshare.com/download/6704221-21e

Lovin this.

Laptop DJ's: Where do you store your .mp3's? On an external Hard drive?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

where do you get most of your music Threatis? i always like your track selection

edit umm t+5:00 theres a really weird transition

edit 2: umm nm lol i opened someones blog and they had background music on it. lol. it almost sounded good tho haha

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 11, 2009

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

yo bones your hip hop mix from the last thread was dope, had the most playtime out of any mixes from these threads. threatis your mixes are great for parties. ben and stew when is your show again? i keep forgetting to tune in

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

i like it :)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

isnemis posted:

TheWevels mix? Seriously? I like it, can imagine driving along the coast in a convertible blasting that out and living out all my GTA vice city fantasies.

me too!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

hooray! ive got your downtempo stuff (12-12) and the recent one bumpin in my focus right now. haha

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

IanTheM posted:

Dub-xygen - 40:27
http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/71572/STRANGERSONG/Dub-xygen.mp3

A bit of a mix I did, dubstep, jungle and breaks all together. United by feeling, more so than genre.

Kryptic Minds - Six Degrees
Photek - Knitevision
Boards of Canada - Rue The Whirl
Hudson Mohawke - Overnight
Joker - Snake Eater
Burial - Unite
The Bug - Freak Freak
Digital Mystikz - Anti War Dub
16 Bit - Twice
Commix - Be True
Origin Unknown - Valley Of The Shadows
Silkie - I Sed
Zomby - Test Me For A Reason
Synkro - Don't Know
A Guy Called Gerald - Findlay's Rainbow
The Others - Kinda Blue

nice man i like the speedy mixing

i like the "feel" of this mix, good song selection :D

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

YesYesYall posted:

Check it out, an Old School mix I have just recently put together

Mix split into individual tracks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBEQX6PH

Or one track continuos mix

http://www.tunaverse.ca/Music/Dj%20K-Rec%20-%20Fun-Times%20Mixtape.mp3
(Right click to download)

Dj K-Rec Fun-Times

does this mix sound distorted to anyone else
should Ibuy new speakers

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Dopo posted:

Dunno, I listened to it while mowing the lawn. Ha ha. Great stuff.

yeah it was a dope mix fo sure. i love coolio haha

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Kerk posted:

Not a mix related question, more of a DJ rule/law. Can someone under 21 DJ in a bar/club? My sister is celebrating her birthday at a bar with all her friends and wants me to DJ but I'm under 21. Are there laws for this? Or am I fine?

I just wouldn't say anything. you'll prolly get free drinks too..

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Please do another DJ competition! Following the past one got me started on electronic music!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

I, too, have made a summer mix!

But mine is a collection of high-tech house grooves. Clocking in at just over one hour, it should be a bitesized piece of progressive and tech that hopefully will give you the same images of the summer sun and all its glory as these tracks do to me. Finished off as always with a modern classic.

Gpal - Aegean Sea (Nikos Diamantopoulos Remix/Kai's dirty intro edit)
Slytek - Minima
Noiz Feat. Satory Seine - Space Migrator
Remo - Mizar (Audiofly Remix)
Andrea Oliva - Sombatiki
Solaris Heights - Thema
Guy J - Lamur (Henry Saiz Remix)
Derek Howell - Throwback
Ictus - The Look (Chris Lake Dirty Breaks Mix)

Link to stream

Link to download

I know this is from WAY back but I was wondering if you still have this somewhere you can upload. I had it on a CD and it was one of my favorite "driving" mixes, but I lost the CD. If not, no worries, I can hunt the tracks down individually.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

vanilla slimfast posted:

Yeah, originally posted it in this thread back in Oct 2010 when I had finished it. I've reposted the link a few times because a) I'm still proud of it and b) there isn't much hiphop posted in this thread otherwise

Thanks for turning other people on to it :)

http://soundcloud.com/vanillaslimfast/bones-live-at-the-fox-theatre-2009-04-11

This is still one of my favorites and I keep coming back to it. Cheers

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Rivfader posted:

New set, finally got around to playing for a bit again.

Played CD's for the first time in a while and I proved a bit rusty at some points, but quite happy with the overall drive.

Bit more aggressive dancefloor techno in this one, well suited for a Saturday night warm-up :)

No tracklist unfortunately, but feel free to ask for ID's!

http://soundcloud.com/figure-8/figure-8-live-club-rot-30-11

Comments as always appreciated!

Love your mixes man, keep posting them.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Solus posted:

http://www.mixcloud.com/Weyland/lets-make-this-happen/

This mix is a Deep House/Tech House mix that I made today for a lady at work who's thinking of getting a DJ for party at her house and is interested in what I do. This is probably one of my favourite mixes so far.

Hey I like this one too, you should make a longer version or something.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

most people are posting in both. idk why we have two threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

iTunes will fade your tracks together, just do that. Nobody will notice. Although unless you're "playing DJ" and hovering over the laptop someone will inevitably try to hook their iPhone up to your audio jack so they can play something else.

• Locked thread