Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
Not a mix related question, more of a DJ rule/law. Can someone under 21 DJ in a bar/club? My sister is celebrating her birthday at a bar with all her friends and wants me to DJ but I'm under 21. Are there laws for this? Or am I fine?

Kerk fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
Just threw together a classic house mix with some nu-disco stuff at the end. Let me know what you think! The whole mix was done on the spot, no pre planning so some transitions are a little shaky.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w2juykkmdmq

1. Starlight - Supermen Lovers
2. Black Sugar - Bustafunk
3. Chillin(Buffalo Bunch Remix) - Modjo
4. If I Ever Feel Better(Buffalo Bunch Remix) - Phoenix
5. Don't Go - Pizique
6. Take Me Higher - Rogerseventytwo
7. Off the Wall(Azuli Rework Edit) - Sebastien Leger
8. Little L(Bob Sinclair Remix) - Jamiroquai
9. Give My Love a Try(Leon Du Star Remix) - Hugo Van Dyck
10. Your Eyes(Leonardus ReEdit) - Leonardus
11. Closer to Me - Quinten 909
12. Distant Lovers(Leonardus Remix) - Louis La Roche

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

mrfart posted:

Haha, you've got to be kiddin' me.
For some reason last night I started browsing through my french-house stuff etc from the late nineties when I started dj-ing.
I pulled at least 2 records from your mix out of the shelves.
I thought of making a valentine mix with them, mixing them with some funk.
We'll see where that takes me.
I remember how nice it was mixing these records.

Haha no way, thats crazy. Id love to hear it when you finish!

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
I need some advice on using a USB hub for Djing. I currently only have 2 usb ports on my computer and they are both used by my external with all my music and my usb mixer. Im purchasing the Traktor Kontrol X1 to get more control over my sets and am wondering how using a USB hub will affect my performance and which is the best. Im looking for something that will give me the best speed and power. Any recommendations?

• Locked thread