Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Just found this thread and I'd love to pimp out my newest live mix - Wackless Playback - made through Ableton Live 8.

Stream (and download) the uncut mix here: http://t.co/UGncB4W

Get the .rars for individual tracks here: http://t.co/yP2rss2

I usually spin on the Hard/Electro side of house music, but good vocals are had for me to pass up. It's great workout music (~128 BPM) as well as just rolling around music.

Personal favorite tracks:
1) Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F) (Laidback Luke Remix) - It's an interesting mix between hard bangin' house and synth heavy build up. Sets the tone well.
9) Gold Dust (Swerve Remix) - Sweet vocals with a bass to match
10) Til Death (r3hab remix) - My personal favorite on the mix, just an all over outstanding track.
17) I'm Free (Hatrias Remix) - Closing the mix on a major-chorded track is always fun, this one again has outstanding vocals that will get stuck in your head all day.

I'd love some goon input on this, so tell me what you think!

EDIT: I dumb, put wrong link for .rar files. Check corrected link above in italics.

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
New live mash-up/electro house Mix created with Ableton Live 8 - Reanimation

Some of the "reanimated" tracks include: "Dance to the Music", "Just Can't Get Enough", "The Reflex", "Dear Prudence" and more.

Stream the full mix @ Soundcloud with this link.
or for .RAR of individual tracks visit my Twitter @ https://www.twitter.com/DJTracerBullet

Real happy with how this one came out, input is always welcome! Tracklist below.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 2, 2011

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

mitztronic posted:

Ah yes, the legendary Wolfgang Gardner.

if you use beatport or audiojelly that wont happen ;)
Shiz...well it's too late now, WE'VE COME TOO FAR.

I'll have to tell him to change his name again when I see him rock the house tonight at North Coast in Chicago :cool:

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Imapanda posted:

I'm really liking the uplifting feel in the second half. :) :dance:
Gracias, good goon. If my memory serves, it's from most of the second half being in a Major key while the first half is in Minor.

Glad you're enjoying it.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Ahoy goons!

Was able to scratch a life-goal off of the ol' bucket list this last weekend when I got the opportunity to spin in front of a very 'receptive' audience of about 40 at a House/Birthday party for a friend. The set is a very brisk 55 minutes and was live mixed using Ableton Live 8 and my awesome little KORG NanoKontrol.

Hard House / Electro House / Chicago House...call it what you want, but it got the dance floor moving!

The full, uncut mix is up on my SoundCloud now for download/streaming.

Individual tracks can be downloaded as a .rar off of zippyshare.com.

Track list:

Input absolutely welcome, goons know their poo poo.

EDIT: FYI, if you listen to nothing else the Adele bootleg (Track 10) is killer.

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 9, 2011

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

My new hard/electro (pop?) house mix built for those cold winter nights crammed on a hot dance floor. I've always gotten great input from goons in the past, so I'd love to hear what y'all think. Live mixed using Ableton Live 8.0.8

Stream
Download .rar file w/ individual tracks

Track list (the hottest selections in BOLD):
1. Lick It (DJ Icey Remix) - Kaskade & Skrillex
2. Breathe - The Prodigy
3. Stars Come Out (Ryan Enzed Bootleg) - Zedd
4. Ya Dance So Sexy Bebe - Voodoo Chilli
5. My Life (Original Mix) - Nom De Strip & TJR feat Sue Cho
6. Weaver (Original Mix) - Clockwork
7. Mode (Original Mix) - Bingo Players
8. The World is Mine (David Puentez meets the Whiteliner Bootleg) - David Guetta
9. Hold Me Down (FOAMO Remix) - Primary 1
10. Me and You (Dirty South Remix) - Nero
11. Levels (Skrillex Remix) - Avicii
12. It's You It's Hertz (Kaskade Mash Up) - Kaskade vs. Deniz Koyu
13. The Lights (dBerrie Remix) - Ellie Goulding
14. The World is Ours (Original Mix) - Dave Edwards feat. Dan Keyes
15. Jack Hits the Road (Original Mix) - Gary Caos

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 21, 2011

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Have a new mix that I'd love to get some impressions on from the Goon Collective. Ideally, I'd like to use this/these tracks to demo myself to some clubs in the area so that I can make the move from house parties to getting paid...intimidating to say the least. There's selections of electro, hard house, bootleg bangers, and a dubstep breakdown (with the nastiest Imogen Heap remix you've heard)...thus: The Variety Show

Stream/Download the uncut mix off of Soundcloud.
Or get the .rar file of individual tracks here: via ZippyShare

Track List (hot hots in bold)

quote:

1. Sending My Love (Kaskade MixMash) - R3hab & Swanky Tunes
2. Jump in the Line (Shake, Senora) (John Bourke Bmore Mix) - Harry Belafonte
3. Love Can't Get U Wrong (Original Mix) - Dim Chris
4. Brightness Breaks Glass (Hyperbits Bootleg) - Walden vs. LIGHTS
5. Pum Back (Original Mix) - Tradelove

6. Get It - DJ Icey
7. Werk Me - Hyper Crush
8. Just for Now (Gosteffects & Rule of Eight) - Imogen Heap
9. Total Recall - Flosstradamus
10. Sweet Meat - Fork'n'Knife
11. Alive feat. Kate Elsworth (Hyperbits Remix) - Dirty South & Thomas Gold
12. Always With You (His Majesty Andre ReEdit) - Ridney
13. Ce Jeu (Slaughtered by THE VIDEOBAND) - Yelle
14. Damaged (DJ Kue Remix) - Plummet
15. Dance the Night Away (Original Mix) - Dave Edwards
(EDIT: My goal is to have an awesome start, so even if you just listen to the first 20 minutes that's good too.)

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 7, 2012

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Jesse James posted:

THIS. loving. MIX. RIGHT. HERE.

I LOVE the track selection and you've got some slick mixing in here to boot. If you're hoping for some promoters to just listen to the first 20 minutes, you're selling yourself short. This is a QUALITY mix and it had me head banging from start to finish.
Thanks buddy, I really appreciate the vote of confidence.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Mister Speaker posted:

New House mix, mostly very high-energy Electro but some Tech and Progressive.

Tracklist:
Meat Katie, D. Ramirez & Odissi - Stop The Revolution (Bassbin Twins remix)
Kill Light - Dumbo
The Chemical Brothers - Horse Power (Popof remix)
Feed Me - Talk To Me
Deadmau5 - I Remember (Vocal mix)
Kirsty Hawkshaw & Liquid Kaos - Back In Time (John Dahlback remix)
Feed Me - Grand Theft Ecstasy
Zedd - Shave It
Skrillex & Wolfgang Gartner - The Devil's Den
Zedd - Slam The Door
Moguai - Mpire
Ian Carey, Brasco, Timbaland & Rosette - Amnesia (CAZZETTE Another Sugar Hunt remix)
Knife Party - Tourniquet
Kill The Noise - Deal With It

Am I getting better at this, or just staying consistently awful?
I like this mix a lot but wish it was longer...I think we've got very similar taste in music. There's times where some of the transitions are a little too 'busy', especially if you're trying to blend two vocal tracks together. If the two songs are in the same key it's much easier to do, even more so if you drop out the bass. I use a great program called Mixed in Key that automatically pulls out a track's key so that you can transition between similar (or dissimilar) keys. It's like 40 bones last I checked and well worth it.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

F. Lobot posted:

I'm a newbie to this thread, just wanted to say out of all the mixes here I've listened to so far this is my favorite. Really great song choices that work well together. Even the dubstep was tastefully applied.
Thanks F. Lobot, I'm glad you dig it. Should have a new mix ready for public consumption in the next couple days, but I wanted to ask my own question of the Goon Musicians.

Can anyone tell me about premium membership for Soundcloud? Only being able to upload 120 minutes is pretty piss-poor for someone that wants to be able to present as many mixes as possible so I'm willing to spend some :10bux: Is it worth it to step up to the ~$100 per year to get 10 hours and unlimited downloads?

Also, if someone is a premium member already and would get benefit from my referral, let me know and I'll credit you.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Lock up your daughters and hide the subwoofers, this is happening:

It was fun this time to work within the constraints of only using bootleg tracks. Thankfully, I had a few of my favorites I was able to pull out of the ol' Rolodex, but also found some new hothots that have been included as well.

Listen/stream the whole uncut mix off of SoundCloud.

Get a .rar of the individual (gapless) tracks @ http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/72590238/file.html

quote:

Track List (Hottest tracks in bold:)
1. Technologic (Rogerseventytwo Remix) - Daft Punk Nasty nasty Daft Punk remix
2. Pursuit of Happiness (Benny Benassi Remix) - Kid Cudi ft. MGMT & Ratatat
3. Hooked (Codes Remix) - Solidisco
4. In My Mind (Axwell Mix) - Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl
5. Cabala (HBFS Mash up Live Remix) - Cyberpunkers & Daft Punk By far the dopest HBFS bootleg I've heard, and I've heard thousands
6. Creep (Norrit Remix) - TLC
7. Somebody That I Used to Know (thefatrat Remix) - Gotye Mark my words, this will be THE club track of the Spring/Summer
8. gently caress You (Radioaktives RMX) - Cee lo Green
9. Snake Charmer (Cassian Remix) - Bag Raiders
10. Comme Un Enfant (Cenob1te Remix) - Yelle
11. Cracks (Flux Pavillion Remix) - Freestylers ft. Belle Humble
12. Like a G6 (Jordy Lishious Bootleg) - Far East Movement
13. Rehab the Volume (Klosman & Garner Tribute) - Autoerotique
14. Original Don (Flosstradamus Remix) - Major Lazer As the song proclaims: a 'bumbuckler'
I appreciated all of the input I got off my last mix, interested to hear what everyone thinks of this new offering too.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

psychicsecession posted:

it's 'bumbaclot' you dweeb
Well jeez, now I feel pretty ignorant. Dare I ask what that is?

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

So, uh...Videodrome is a crazy movie. I highly suggest you go watch it on Netflix if you have that ability.

Audiodrome - Tracer Bullet
(.rar of all the tracks)

This new mix tries to emulate the Videodrome signal and its power to get caught in the human brain. Or it's just a bunch of music I like...do you dare take that risk?!

Track List - Hottest Tracks Bolded

quote:

Daym (Original Mix) - The Chaotic Good & Orville Kline feat Elizabeth Inure tough to describe this track: noisy, arhythmic, awesome
There and Back (Original Mix) - Wolfgang Gartner trademark gartner
Meteorite - Tommy Noble & Celldweller
Sometimes Maths Get Complicated (Ryan Enzed Bootleg) - Deadmau5
Take Me Higher (Kids at the Bar Remix) - Rogerseventytwo
Set Me Free (Avicii Mix) - Phonat
Good Love (David Heartbreak Remix) - HellFire Machina feat Infuze
The Night Out (Madeon Remix) - Martin Solveig
That Miami Track - TOCADISCO feat Julian Smith i sent this to my sister-in-law in miami and she freaked out
Never Will Be Mine (R3hab Remix) - Rye Rye feat Robyn
Antidote (Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano Re-Fixxx) - Swedish House Mafia vs Knifeparty
Too Close - Alex Clare that microsoft commercial song
Polkadots 2010 (Oliver Twizt Remix) - Afrojack
Don't Stop the Beat (Coucheron Remix) - Lt Wee
I Believe (Bassjackers & Ralvero Remix) - Nick Galea feat Amba Shepherd
Sandstorm (Candyland's OG Remix) - Darude yes, there is a remix you haven't heard!
Swagga (Lazy Rich Mix) - Soundpusher
Crystal Echo (Rule of Eight Bootleg Remix) - Rustle

Input always greatly appreciated.

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 13, 2012

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

The Fresh Prince posted:

You used the song from the dubstep internet explorer ad?

Hey yo, spam man that tracklist kicks rear end, I'm definitely gonna listen to that mix.
To be fair I had it before it was that internet explorer ad, but I do think it's a cool song. There's not more than a minute or so before I mix out of it though.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Styliferous posted:

I been in a mood the past few days, so I did a drum and bass thing, 30 minutes of liquid and some relaxing poo poo.
I love this mix...short but sweet. Probably because I just watched Indahouse and was rather enjoying the nasty DnB soundtrack, but this hit the spot.

Got a new one of my own that I'd like to share with the goon collective, something a little different from me.

Stream it here!

Download the individual gapless tracks here!

Trying to find a healthy balance between electro and downtempo in an hour of 100-BPM sound. The whole mix was inspired by the first track, 1940, because it is literally one of the coolest songs I've heard in years. Input greatly appreciated!

quote:

Track List
1. 1940 (Amp Live Remix) – The Submarines
2. Set Fire to the Rain (Clyde Harris Mashup) – Daft Punk feat. Adele
3. Drop the Tough (The Twelves B-LIVE Remix) – Groove Armada
4. Bring that Beat Back – Luke Da Duke
5. You're the One (Norrit Remix) – SWV
6. Nothing to Worry About – Peter Bjorn & John
7. Frankie – 80kidz(feat The Shoes)
8. The Message (Datashat Remix) – Grandmaster Flash
9. Happy Up Here (Datassette Remix) – Röyksopp
10. Relax My Beloved – Alex Clare
11. Tea Leaf Dancers (Low Limit Remix) – Flying Lotus
12. Four Floors (Diplo Remix) – Sunday Girl
13. Lay it Down (Dubbel Dutch Remix) – Lloyd
14. The Glow (Run DMT Remix) – RJD2
15. F.U.B.A.R. (Original Mix) – Louis La Roche
16. More – Lismore
17. Distractions – Zero 7

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Hard to follow some awesome ASCII art like that, but I'll do what I can. I'll listen to yours if you listen to mine, ese!

Named for my favorite Bradbury short story, I'd love to get some thoughts on my newest mix.

electro/hard/vocal house - live mixed on Ableton Live 8.0.8
Stream that poo poo
Download the gapless individual tracks

Track List (hottest in bold)

quote:

Dancin' Love - DJ Kue
I Remember (Caspa Remix) - Deadmau5 & Kaskade
Hells Bells (Original Mix) - Albin Myers this track was blowing up Spring Awakening in Chicago couple weekends ago
Icarus (Collin McLoughlin Vocal Edit) - Madeon
Allein - Eric Prydz
Perfect World (dBerrie Remix) - Gossip
Digital Doom 2010 (Original Mix) - Hatiras
Flexx - Wolfgang Gartner Wolfgang dropped this one during his set at Spring Awakening to great response
Not a DJ (DJ Weekend's Hey You DJ Remix) - Turboweekend
Bong (Original Mix) - Deniz Koyu
The Night Out (A-Trak Vs Martin Extended) - Martin Solveig
Beat Down (feat. Iggy Azalea) (Original Mix) -Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Iggy Azalea
Silhouettes (Disco Fries Remix) - Avicii
My Beat (Marco V To My Beatleg) - Blaze
Heartbeat - Nina Sky
As always, looking for goon opinions!
EDIT: And don't forget Jonny's above mine too...some sweet sounding DnB

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 25, 2012

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Gah, seeing this almost near the bottom of the thread list is a drat shame! Let's fix that...

Power Hour (well, 65 minutes but who's counting?)

Stream it here - Get the individual gapless tracks here

Track List:

quote:

Booty 2 the Ground - ƱZ & CRNKN
I Do Love You – Kill Paris super hot track, this is a group to watch
Disregard Females, Acquire Currency – Top Billin
Live Your Life (Djayresandscottmelker Remix) – Yuna
Harder, Stronger Resistencia (Thomas GoldLeg Jidax Edit) – Daft Punk
Happy Violence (Drankenstein Remix) – Dada Life
Run You Down (Original Mix) Phesta feat. Reija
Gunshot – Panic City
SteveJobs – Steve Aoki feat. Angger Dimas
Tonight (Patch Werk Remix) – Jordan Corey
Jump On 4 – Ricky Blaze

Levels (Dat Beat Remix) – Avicii
Sparks (Original Mix) – Fedde Le Grand & Nicky Romero
Now That We Found Love (Codes' Tribute to Heavy D Remix) – Third World

Stay Young (Prod by DJ Dstar) – Silver Medallion
TrapOnAcid (Tracer Bullet Bittersweet Bootleg) – RL Grime
Settle Down (Brenmar Remix) – Kimbra
Keep Your Secrets in Midnight City – Kill Paris

Input always welcome, had to change BPM a lot through this mix...

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Seems like a lot of people are here are having the same idea so here is my downtempo/trip-house/electro fusion mix that I've been working on for the last month or so.

Stream that poo poo here

Download the gapless, individual tracks here

I was really inspired by Something a la Mode. Their music helped to define some of the tone and energy I wanted to showcase in this more 'chill' mix of mine. There's some Glitch Mob in here as well as well as some more vocal tracks to round everything out.

Track List (hottest in bold)

quote:

1 – The Glitch Mob - Warrior Concerto
2 – Something a la Mode - Dies Irae amazing track, probably my favorite on this mix
3 – Les Rythmes Digitales - Sometimes
4 – Something a la Mode - G String
5 – Something a la Mode - Little Bit of Feel Good (feat. Adam Joseph)
6 – Alex Clare - Humming Bird
very unique, amazing vocals
7 – Kimbra - Plain Gold Ring
8 – Kito & Reija Lee - Sweet Talk
9 – Digitalism - Miami Showdown
10 – Panty Raid - Get the Money
11 - RJD2 – Sweet Piece (Cadence Weapon's Ladykiller Remix)
12 – The Glitch Mob – Fortune Days
13 – Neon Hitch – I Can't Behave Myself
14 – Amtrac – Those Days (Original Mix)
15 - Mark Mothersbaugh - Ping Island/Lightning Strike Rescue Op off the soundtrack to Life Aquatic
16 – The Glitch Mob – Between Two Points (feat. Swan)
17 – Minnesota – Jetstream
18 – Prefuse 73 – Pagina Dos
19 – DJ Shadow – Organ Donor

As always, I'd love to get feedback from the Goon Collective...and thanks for listening!

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 13, 2012

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Jesse James posted:

The fact that you end with "Organ Donor" is proof enough to me that this mix is going to be ABSOLUTE FIRE. Headed to check it now. :)
Thanks, it's definitely a classic...and after all of the crazy remixes of Organ Donor I've heard, nice to get back to basics!

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
I'm stepping out on a limb for this one, but I'd like to prove to the world that there is real meat (and awesome songs) in dubstep outside of the terrible Skrillex/Repetitive/Brostep that 'dubstep' has come to mean.

Easy Listening
Stream that poo poo here
Get the individual gapless tracks here
70+ minutes of the best and brightest dubstep has to offer. Hot vocals, dynamic bass lines, and thoughtful remixes make this one of the favorite sets I've put together.

Track List: (Hottest tracks in bold)

quote:

Mamas & the Papas - California Dreamin (Minnesota Dubstep Remix) Minnesota nails it. captures the essence of the original
Nero - Must Be the Feeling (Flux Pavilion and Nero Remix)
Boreta - Lobegrinder
Mochipet - Yoshi's Dinosaur Egg Hunt (Papa Skunk Remix)
Ace of Base - All That She Wants (Project Aspect Remix) if this doesn't make your head bob you have no soul
Phesta feat. Reika Lee - Run You Down (Original Mix)
Florence + The Machine - You've Got The Love (Mr. Wonk's Dubstep Mask Mix)
Ellie Goulding - Hanging On (Mr. Wonk's Melodicstep Mix)
The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby (4centers Dubstep Remix)
Lucky Date & Midnight Consipiracy - Veyron (Night Version)
Massive Attack - Paradise Circus (Zeds Dead Remix)
Example - Kickstarts (BAR9 Remix) somewhat goofy British lyrics give way to an awesome driving beat
Freestylers ft. Belle Humble - Cracks (Flux Pavillion Remix)
Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy (Papa Skunk Remix)
Imogen Heap - Just for Now (Gosteffects & Rule of Eight) spacey, dynamic, gorgeous vocals
La Roux - Tigerlily (B. Rich Remix)
Lily Allen - Not Fair (Oblivion Remix) this track gets closest to the line of being too much, but is able to mix the nasty with gorgeous vocals. probably my favorite
Alex Clare - Up All Night (Dubstep Remix)

Since this mix is out of my comfort zone, I'd love any feedback from my Goon DJ brethren.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

the_apache posted:

Agreed. It's cool that you like your own type of music and all but I can't say your mix is the "real meat" and outside of the terrible "Skrillex/Brostep" genre.

Check my mixes for the track listings above, (not self-promoting here...) that is what dubstep is. And that's not based on personally opinion really; that's where it was founded and most of the artists I play out have been around since it started. I won't dwell on the different branches either but poo poo, someone has to say something.

Thanks guys, I definitely appreciate the input. I guess it's a subtle difference but I feel like that 'bad' dubstep has so much more repetition, grating sounds, and a lack of quality vocals. Because I find that kind of music annoying, I purposefully tried to stay away from that...but maybe I wasn't far enough away.

I'll give your mixes a listen though for sure.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

the_apache posted:

Erm, pretty sure most of those tracks you're supposed to pay for them. Why have you offered them out for free for?
:shrug: It's never been an issue before with any of the other mixes I've made. And it's not like these are just the raw songs themselves (most of which are remixes of other songs anyways), but the individual tracks for this set.

EDIT: What Anae said, thanks!

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 10, 2013

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Jesse James posted:

I like a lot of the tunes in here. Anything by Example, I am a huge fan of.

I live in Atlanta and EVERYONE plays Dubstep around here and yes it is the HEAVY HEAVY grating high end frequencies and wobbling LFO stuff. The heavier, the better and this mix is NOTHING like what I hear when I am out and about. So I think you succeeded in trying to stay away from that type of stuff. As you stated "Not Fair" is the closest thing you have in the set to that style of Dubstep, but it's totally worth it cause that is a bangin tune. I personally would have just ended it there, but that's just me.

Hi new best friend! Thanks for listening, I appreciate you saying I hit the mark on song selection.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Very dope, I had this on in the background for some Diablo and it really hit the spot. Seems we're on a similar wavelength because I also wanted to slow things down for my most recent mix and accomplish a long time DJ goal.

So, who's feeling funky?

EDIT: Never mind, Soundcloud deleted it for copywritten tracks...is there a better host I could use?

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 23, 2013

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Well, after my recent funk mix upload fiasco (F U Soundcloud!) figure it's about time to go back to what I do best.

Hard/Vocal/Banging Electro, heavy influence from Wolfgang Gartner and Dave Edwards leading to a gritty sound throughout.

Stream dat poo poo here
Download the gapless individual tracks here

Track List (Hottest in bold)

quote:

Zedd feat. Foxes – Clarity (Walden Remix)
Hypster – The Thrillseekers (Part 2)
Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch vs. Wolfgang Gartner – Sweet Nothing (Disco Fries Bootleg) crazy good vocal laid on top of a WG track
Wolfgang Gartner – Nuke
Digital Switchover – Explosions (Original Mix) 'gritty' as poo poo, love it
Youngblood Hawke – We Come Running (ANSOL Remix)
Rihanna x Maison & Dragen x Joris Voorn & Moby – Where Have You Been Amazing (Dave Edwards Edit)
Batik – Love Again (B. Rich's Big Room Remix) true oldschool electro
Daddy's Groove – Stellar (Martin Garrix Remix)
Phoenix – 1901 (Ghostkick & Androx Remix)
Bobby Green – Velvet Queen (feat. Tiger La) reminds me of the best bad boy bill, bodyrox bangers
Kaskade feat. Dragonette – Fire In Your New Shoes (Extended Mix)
Wolfgang Gartner – Push and Rise (Prototyperaptor Bootleg)
The Knocks – The Feeling (Dave Edwards Remix) end your mix in a major scale, party all night

Goon input always welcome!

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Well, despite Soundcloud being a bunch of b-holes...I want to get my funk mix out to all those that might need a little something extra for a Friday.

Stream it
Get the gapless individual tracks

Track List:

quote:

Dazz Band – Let it Whip
The Gap Band – You Dropped a Bomb On Me
Ready for the World – Oh Sheila
Skyy – Call Me
Midnight Star – No Parking (On the Dance Floor)
Deodato – Also Sprach Zarathustra
Carl Carlton – She's A Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked)
Curtis Mayfield – Superfly (LP Version)
Kool & The Gang – Hollywood Swinging
Sly and the Family Stone – Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
Nu Shooz – I Can't Wait
The Bar-Kays – Do It (Let Me See You Shake)
The Gap Band – Burn Rubber on Me (Why You Wanna Hurt Me)
S.O.S. Band – Take Your Time (Do It Right)
Cheech and Chong – Basketball Jones

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
As impressive as a Lexus stuffed with Rolexes (not really, but thanks Tom Haverford for the idea) I wanted to share my newest mix with the Goon Collective.

Stream it here

Get the gapless individual tracks here

I've tried to blend electro, drum & bass, and dubstep into one set as well as dropping in some sweet samples. The result I feel is a pretty banging ~69 minutes. Comments always welcome!

Track List (hottest tracks in bold)

quote:

OVERWERK – 1230
Nero – Reaching Out (Fred Falke Remix)
edIT – More Lazers (Original Mix)
Rihanna – Jump (Protohype Hype-ified Remix Re-edit)
Lil Mama – Lip Gloss (Gold Top Remix)
Dirty South & Thomas Gold – Alive feat. Kate Elsworth (Hyperbits Remix)
Fleetwood Mac – Dreams (Dave Edwards Remix)
Salvador G – XXXtra Dangerous
Tommie Sunshine & Disco Fries feat. Kid Sister – Cool Without You (Dave Silcox Remix)
Icona Pop – I Love It (Nicky Z. Remix)
culineR feat. Sisely Treasure – Into Vapor (Gosteffects Remix)
Krewella – Come and Get It (The Chaotic Good Remix)
La Roux – In For the Kill (Skream Remix)
Chase and Status feat. Jenna G – In Love
Zedd – Follow You Down (Keys N Krates Remix)
Hadouken – Oxygen (Gemini Remix)

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Putting this on while I play some vidyagames. Loving it.

Edit: Yeah, real good stuff right there.

Thanks much, glad you like it! I agree on having it as 'background music' for video games suggestion...Diablo 3 is infinitely more entertaining.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Got inspiration from artists like Minnesota, Big Gigantic, and similar...I've seen the genre called Electro Funk, almost feels right. Regardless, I've tried to blend that sound with some more familiar bangers and happily present the fruit of my labors. Had to do a lot of bouncing between BPMs but feel like I pulled it off pretty well.

Stream it here
Download the gapless individual tracks here

Track List:

quote:

Breathe – Minnesota
Alone (Au5 & Fractal Remix) – Singularity
Same Side – Fractal
Ring My Bell (Kill Paris Remix) – Anita Baker
Back to the Streets (Original Mix) – Popeska
I Need Your Love (Dem Slackers Bootleg) – Calvin Harris Ft. Ellie Goulding
Crush On You (GTA & LA Riots Remix) – Nero
Feel So Close (Nero Dub) – Calvin Harris
On The Shore - Candyland & Clark Kent vs. Slow Skies
Living Together – Minnesota
BabeImGonnaLeaveYou(VOODOOFARMRemix) – Led Zeppelin
Beast (Original Mix) – Vicetone vs Nico Vega
Make Me Feel Good – Savoy
Liquid Shards (Original Mix) – Callan Maart
Love Here (Bassnectar Remix) – Mr. Projectile
Spirit in the Sky Remix – D.veloped
Rise and Fall (Keys N Krates Rmx) – Krewella
Two Fingers – Fools Rhythm
Sky High – Big Gigantic

Goon comments always welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
Got some good advice that if I wanted to up my listens and responses: don't force people into a full 80 minute mix. To that end, I've put together a 'mini-mix' I'm real happy with that's under 30 minutes. Going to try to commit to bi-weekly new releases, but we'll see how that goes. May have some semi-pop remixes but I don't discriminate! Input always welcome.

Stream that noise here.

TRACK LIST: (hots in bold)

quote:

Beyonce – End of Time (Bounce Mix)
Icona Pop – I Love It (Hot Mouth Remix)
OVERWERK – Matter
Ian Van Dahl vs. David Guetta & Sia vs. Acetronik vs. Alesso – Castles In the Sky (ROCK-IT! SCIENTISTS BOOTLEG)
Oliver – MYB (Kids at the Bar Remix)
Two Door Cinema Club – Sleep Alone (Chainsmokers Remix)
Kaskade – It's You It's Me (Shoe Scene Symphony Remix)
Shitdisco – 72 Virgins (Bloody Beetroots Remix)
Travis Scott – Upper Echelon (Eric Lam Remix)
Kaskade feat. Martina of Dragonette – Fire in Your New Shoes (Innerpartysystem Extended)

• Locked thread