Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Counterlogic
Mar 31, 2006
A young pathfinder with too much on his mind.

counterlogic's Pure Progress Mix

Genre: Progressive/Tech/Electro
Length/Quality: 01:14:07 / 320 KB/s
Size: 173,732 KB

Tracklisting:

1. John Dahlback - Pyramid (Dirty South Remix)
2. Cirez D - Horizons (Original Mix)
3. Gold Ryan - Clean Track (Original Mix)
4. Wolfgang Gartner - Circles (Original Mix)
5. Francis Preve - Caboose (Original Mix)
6. Martin Eyerer & Stephan Hinz - Tucan (Nic Fanciulli Remix)
7. Robert Babicz - Krystaline (Original Mix)
8. Badmouth - Anymore (The Badmouth Original Mix)
9. Pryda - Genesis (Original Mix)
10. Emilio Fernandez - Reynosa (Original Mix)
11. Gold Ryan & Tapesh - Open System (Original Mix)
12. Djuma Soundsystem - Les Djinns (Trentemoller Remix)

Get it here http://counterlogic.net/audio/counterlogic_pureprogress_r5.mp3

I present to you the first version of my very own set, recorded at home today and broadcast live to a few friends simultaneously. Anyways, this set is one I've been kinda piecing together for a while but finally got around to recording and tweaking since school is out for the moment and the shackles on my mind have been freed for the moment for me to progress clearly with my mixes and production work. Expect more soon.

This set was recorded in Ableton Live 7.0.3, "live" from start to finish. This is the first set I have "officially" recorded and released online/elsewhere and I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did crafting it. The mixing is pretty simple A-B mixing basically, but I feel it has turned out well for a method of DJing I have only more recently gotten truly comfortable with. Any feedback is very welcome.

Also, if you visit my site directly at http://counterlogic.net you can find the post there along with just a few posts I've gotten up to get the site going again since leaving it kind of to the dust last year. I run a weekly Friday night radio program here in Austin, TX on KVRX-Austin 91.7 FM (http://kvrx.org/node/26101) and will be starting my first show of the year next Friday, that's January 23rd and will be playing a lot of things in line with this mix personally among much more along with my co-host Andres Aguirre. As the year progress more content should be added to the site regularly so if you like what's there, I would appreciate any traffic in the future.(The radio show streams live at kvrx.org, but I mention my site as I post each week's set up for people to hear after I get home. Older shows should be back online again for streaming/download again soon too.)

Counterlogic fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Counterlogic
Mar 31, 2006

Rivfader posted:

New Mix. :)

Been getting more and more into deeper, techier stuff (as progressive releases have been somewhat boring lately), so this is my first shot at this.
I would appreciate any feedback, as I really enjoy spinning this.

Rivfader - "Keep It Simple"

Genre: Deep/Tech-House & Techno
Length/Quality: 1h 8min / 320KB/s
Size: 160 MB
Gear: 2x CDJ-800MKII, DJM-600 & Traktor Scratch

Tracklist

Soundexile - Drinking the Truth (Original Mix)
Milton Jackson - Ghosts in my Machine (Original Mix)
Sei A & Milton Jackson - Jinzou (Scopes Re-Edit)
Vincent Vega & Twinpitch - Da Capo (Gorge Remix)
Shur-I-Kan - Gripper (Original Mix)
Alex Kenji - Adelante (Original Mix)
Underworld - Holding the Moth (Audiojack Remix)
Christian Smith & John Selway - Total Departure (Nihad Tule Remix)
Pig & Dan - Terminate (Original Mix)
Milton Jackson & Sei A - Clicks (Original Mix)
Jay Lumen ft. Panoptic - Surface Reborn (Quivver Remix)
Ramon Tapia - Masquarade Part II (Moonbeam Remix)

Download here: Click and save as!

Enjoy. :)

EDIT: Jon, dl-ing your techmix now.

This was an awesome mix man. Think I'm a take your lead and start gettin' tech-ier with my mixes too. Definitely the kind of stuff I want to move towards spinnin' on my radio show more this season starting Friday. Mixing and transitions were solid too. Keep 'em comin' like this I say.

Counterlogic
Mar 31, 2006
I don't think I like dubstep the way I like what I reallllly like. That said, I will definitively agree that in the right little hole in the wall venue with the soundsystem and subs that you wouldnt expect at such a place, makes for a crazy night. Though, like hard house, and other bass heavy genres, I feel like it's interestingness will wear down quick.

My two cents.

Counterlogic
Mar 31, 2006
Genre(s): Progressive/Tech-house/Techno/Electro/Disco ...
Length: 79:48
Quality: 320 kbps
Size: 183 MB

This is a mix that has been sitting around for weeks unfinished, contemplating what had to be done for me to be happy enough to make it public. In a week of many (12+ at least) long hours back with Ableton, my MIDI controllers, and a few healthy meals to keep me going I was able to refine the track selection to its now final form, listed below. The mix is also to be passed out at SXSW to promote my new joint-venture promotions crew/future record label antipraxis (as well as my own solo work I do suppose) that I'm starting with a friend. [Going to see Claude VonStroke downtown tonight after my co-host and I do our radio show =) ].

[Right-click on the image above and click "Save Link As" to download the 320kbps mp3]

Tracklisting:

1. Waldorf - You're My Disco (Original Mix)
2. Metronomy - Heartbreaker (Kris Menace Remix)
3. Jaytech - Nemesis (Original Mix)
4. Robert Babicz - Don't Look Back (Original Mix)
5. Claes Rosen - Prixter (Original Mix)
6. Ame - Rej (A Hundred Birds Remix)
7. Audiojack - Schizophonic (Original Mix)
8. Underworld - Holding The Moth (Audiojack Mix)
9. Monojoke - Horizontal Glide (Nicholas Van Orton Remix)
10. Jaytech - Headcase (Original Mix)
11. Dousk - Blender (Original Mix)
12. Radiohead - Reckoner (James Zabiela's Tweezers on a Towel Rail Mix)
13. Ahmet Sendil - Are Your Kisses Dynamite (Original Mix)
14. Seva K - Far Away (Original Mix)

This mix has been in the works for far too long now as I mentioned, but ultimately the work paid off with a truly solid mix I feel tells a deep story/or a vignette of sorts at the least (great track by Seva K by the way... "Vignette"). Note: Don't be too thrown off in the beginning because the mix starts off with two very disco-y tracks (which I suppose will be received differently depending on who you are...), but quickly evolves into something else altogether and could maybe somewhat be described with tags like house, techno, deep, and progressive at times, past the mostly disco teaser(s). She then steams along to the powerful climax a little past the halfway point, and finally finds its way to a place far away from where it started, precisely with Seva K's track "Far Away." I hope you enjoy this mix as much as even I do now that it's done and I finally feel decent about it.

{{links to this mix and more, along with some SXSW updates and goodies at my personal site counterlogic.net and antipraxis ...}}

Counterlogic fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 17, 2009

Counterlogic
Mar 31, 2006
Recorded first take in Ableton Live 8 after coming home to chill with some good old (and wild trancers I might obligatorily add . . ) after I stopped by the Above&Beyond show with them last week. Oh Oceanlab, waves of nostalgia and illicit chez (queso . . . cheese ... ... trance leads and sexy female vocal classic touch!) poured into my being and the essence inspired me to go home and just play and record. [[ Note: Inspired action to mix/DJ, and in no way meant from a musical perspective of the term... ;) ]]

Any feedback would be greatly welcome, I feel I'm finally getting better at this shindig and not in the "hooray I hosed up less tonight" way or equally as annoying technological disaster nights I felt one too many times initially after switching to Ableton for DJing last year.

DOWNLOAD HERE (Right-Click and Save Link As...) [320kbps] {{{{Length: 01:17}}}

Counterlogic
Mar 31, 2006
There's no trance in there lol, I was tired out of my mind when I wrote whatever I did there too lol. As for the original mix thing, it's purely because of the naming convention I use when organizing all my tracks, just copied all the filenames from explorer into the tracklist/graphic template I started sometime back in Gimp.

P.S. I hope everyone realized whatever craziness I wrote about essence and stuff or whatever was sarcasm in relation to just having got back from a ridiculous trance act, but I suppose that didnt come across loud and clear?! Whatever, thanks for looking/listening regardless.

Counterlogic
Mar 31, 2006

Socket Ryanist posted:

I dunno, clubs are cool and all but I'd rather concentrate on burningman, BM-related events, psytrance parties, outdoor renegades, etc... clubs feel too competitive and capitalist.

I would get used to this. BM etc. are constricted by capitalism too. I'm basically a closet communist more or less but I find if you play your cards right and don't let people gently caress you over the club side of things in this sense or whatever are more rewarding and the people less shady. Just my experience (two cents? lol) thus far though.

Counterlogic
Mar 31, 2006

Rivfader posted:

New Techno set by Sjoewe and myself.

Rahmenfluss - Zerstört

Genre: Techno
Duration: 1u20min
Info/Size: 320 KB/s, 183 MB

Downloadlink: Click!

Comments & Feedback appreciated. Enjoy. :)

I love you. This paper I'm writing for my class on Berlin deserved this mix, been rockin' me through the final stretch for this thing.

actionjackson posted:

I agree about making connections - I don't really know anyone here, but I managed to get a couple gigs by putting my info online, and from that have meet some other people. Only problem is that other people can be kind of unreliable in terms of getting replies concerning gigs or whatnot. I met someone after a gig (I have had two now!), got his email but haven't heard back from him yet (though he assured me he'd get "right back to me").

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zqmzc8

Scott Jackson
September 2009
61 min

And this one was my programming assignment groove yesterday, lol. I'm up to show two as well, definitely kinda slim pickings for gigs in this town for tech/etc. down this alley to begin with though so despite basically knowing most of the guys who run and promote just about everything big around here (as well as the [few] not so big but way cooler rarities and recurrings...) pretty well now more or less, I'm still kind of at a point of like... wtf, um, what now?

Seriously great mixes though, I haven't been listening to lots of other peoples' mixes other than friends and locals until more recently and these were two of the most interesting I've heard in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Counterlogic
Mar 31, 2006
Tesla's Groove (Jan/Feb 2009) [techno/minimal/tech-house]:

http://soundcloud.com/counterlogic/various-counterlogic-teslas-groove-mixed-on-01-23-2010-wav

This is a mix I put together last month for my former co-host's current local radio show here in Austin that I felt I'd like to share here and elsewhere now that it's airing today and I really liked this mix and the tracks I picked out to form it. I hope someone here can appreciate it too. Any comments welcome, recorded in Ableton Live 8.1.

• Locked thread