Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

Butch Cassidy posted:

I've never had a problem with a Bianchi 100, Supertuck, or Minotaur Spartan when riding my bike and I am a daily commuter during the not snow seasons.

Granted, I don't wear workout clothes, so nevermind.

Would IWB with the LCP work with a suit vest? I am positive that pocket carry is out in dress pants. It always looks like poo poo with me.

Speaking of the Bianchi 100, what was the breaki-in period like for you? I left my Sig 229 in it for three days and it still takes both hands and gritted teeth to get it in or out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Speaking of the Bianchi 100, what was the breaki-in period like for you? I left my Sig 229 in it for three days and it still takes both hands and gritted teeth to get it in or out.

Over a week of leaving it in the holster and doing dozens of inserts/draws and it hasn't loosened a bit. There are indentations from the Sig now that are not in line with the shape of the holster. I'm concluding that this one is a dud or a mislabeled size. Back to Amazon you go, and the hunt for a good 229 holster continues.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

I've narrowed down my CCW hunt to either a Glock 26 or a Walther PPS. I have handled both but not fired either (although I've fired full-sized Glock 9mm's before and loved them). It's a dead tie at the moment. Does anyone have a recommendation to make one way or the other?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

Thank you for the advice, kind Pony friends. I too have tiny girl hands so I appreciated the thinness of the PPS. But the huge supply of parts and holsters for the Glock is hard to resist. Suppose I'm going to have to find a range that rents them to make a decision.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

Any love for the Crossbreed Super Tuck here? I had a hard time finding a holster for my Sig 229 E2, and they offered to customize theirs a bit so it would fit the trigger guard/slide.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

This Crossbreed talk has me worried. I've got one coming in the mail soon for my p229E2. It's the only holster of its type that fits the new, railed Sigs, so I'm fine with it not being as great as the competitors, but is it genuinely a bad product?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

The negative publicity surrounding the round might be an issue to some, as well. Didn't the Fort Hood guy use a Five seveN?

Also it is huge and the ammo currently has a 3 month waiting list to buy it at 50 cents a round. FUN

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

Local shop has Shield 9mm's for $399. Should I get one? I've wanted a Walther PPS for years but can never find one in stock.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

My crossbreed holster is terrible. They custom made it for my Sig P229 Enhanced Elite (nobody else makes a holster that fits a railed 229 with E2 grips...) and it catches on the slide release going in and coming out. I wouldn't trust it to hold my house key, let alone a CCW.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

The LCP is the single most unpleasant gun I have ever fired, a list that includes the S&W 500. I certainly hope the triggers have been improved, as the one I fired had probably a 2" trigger travel distance. But it definitely can't be beat at the Being Invisible game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

I don't think I've ever heard the P229 called a SUBcompact before!

RE: ginormous hands. I have pretty normal size hands and skinny little piano boy fingers, but the LCP makes me feel like Donkey Kong holding on to Pauline. I was shooting +P rounds through it, though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

I'm the proud owner of a G26 gen4! Any IWB holster recommendations? I'm willing to spend more so I don't have to get some Galco or Bianchi garbage.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

Yikes, IWB holsters are not forgiving of chub. I've got some terrible love handles that are actually keeping me from drawing my Glock out of my new MTAC. Time to lose 20lbs so I don't shoot myself in the fat.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

Outside Dawg posted:

These days Bianchi is Safariland, but as for Galco their fit has been slipping lately. I was looking at a Galco Avenger that was on sale at the local Sportsman's Warehouse that was supposed to fit the P229R, they salesman could not get it in more than halfway even with the tension screw backed nearly out of it, you should have seen him try to remove it from the holster.

Buying a holster for a newer Sig is a colossal pain in the dick. Every variation has a different grip width, slide width, and even different serrations. I bought an Enhanced Elite and even the custom holster I got from Crossbreed didn't take the rail into consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

Craptacular posted:

I can write up something tonight, if nobody else has started writing anything.

Please do this.

• Locked thread