Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x!te bike
May 2, 2008

Sistergodiva posted:

Who should I hire to train milita in Drassen while I romp around and take bullets to the head? I'm using Flo, Igor, Barry, Ira, Gumpy.

If you pick up Dmitri in Omerta you can use Ira for training militia. You need to get her leadership up to a certain level first though. I think it's 30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

FormerFatty posted:

Is there any way to activate Sci Fi mode after you've started a game of 1.13? I'm about half way through and I want to try out all the future weaponsy stuff.

You MAY (emphasis on the may) be able to go into the XML editor, go to the weapons/ammo/attachments stuff, and remove the scifi tags from items. Scroll to where it says "scifi" sort by that, right click > enable editing > click check boxes. Save before closing any windows, open game, kill some time for bobby rays to restock and then check it out.

It's twenty to train to militia, I think, but it's somewhat/slow ineffective until 30%. Like instead of training the full ten students or whatever at once you only train like five or six.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

echronorian posted:

Thanks for the tips. There is a LOT to learn in this game, which is great since I nearly lost my left hand in an injury yesterday and need an in depth game I can play one handed.

What happened?

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Anyone know how long it takes for MERC to unlock Cougar, Gaston or Stogie? Any tricks to speeding it up?

I've never seen these mercs and want to give em a shot.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

God Of Paradise posted:

Anyone know how long it takes for MERC to unlock Cougar, Gaston or Stogie? Any tricks to speeding it up?

It's more a matter of you giving MERC enough money they can afford to even offer those guys. So hire Gasket and maybe Razor and Haywire, or send Biff and Flo to train militia in the back field, whatever it takes: Speck needs the $$$ if he's gonna hire Cougar, Gaston, Stogie (and Tex but that may only be AIMNAS/Wildfire)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

God Of Paradise posted:

Well, you can enable the .ini option of every MERC merc being instantly available, but that apparently doesn't work for an ongoing game (I tried), gotta start a new one.
Those guys are different from the early MERC guys in that they are actually really good for real, and their pay is accordingly high.
Gaston is loving hilarious in his absolute flamboyant Frenchess though, I highly recommend him.
EDIT: Also, Tex is in the vanilla 1.13 too, or at least was. I had him once, he was drat funny.
"I hear rustling. Could be rustlers."

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Nordick posted:

Well, you can enable the .ini option of every MERC merc being instantly available, but that apparently doesn't work for an ongoing game (I tried), gotta start a new one.
Those guys are different from the early MERC guys in that they are actually really good for real, and their pay is accordingly high.
Gaston is loving hilarious in his absolute flamboyant Frenchess though, I highly recommend him.
EDIT: Also, Tex is in the vanilla 1.13 too, or at least was. I had him once, he was drat funny.
"I hear rustling. Could be rustlers."

Everyone knows Flo and Gumpy are the best mercs ever. Flo has battle-orgasms and Gumpy is a neckbeard mouthbreather who quotes movies :D

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
gently caress! I had no idea that Skyrider could be shot down. And, of course, this happens with Spider and $10,000 of equipment and medical supplies.

I'm having so much trouble taking and holding Cambria. I can't hold enough sectors with high enough loyalty to train enough militia to hold the place! Goddamn frustrating.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Nordick posted:

Gaston is loving hilarious in his absolute flamboyant Frenchess though, I highly recommend him

Gaston is my favorite mercenary, which is why it's awesome that 1.13 added him (I think he was only in Unfinished Business.) Unfortunately he absolutely hates Malice, and I was really disappointed because I wanted to form a squad led by Le Assassins du Redshirts and Gaston hated Malice so much that he left. :argh:

"Zees is not ze language of me mother!"

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

I just got this game yesterday and I'm fighting for Drassen right now. What's the best way to take it? Should I take one sector, train militia there, take the next, and so on? Or do I take everything one after another and spend a few days in a row training in each area?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

God Of Paradise posted:

What happened?

Machine accident at work. I assumed, incorrectly, the operation of certain equipment would be left to the operator designated to do it, especially while I had my arms vulnerably positioned. So you see, it was my fault really.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Doesn't your plant practice Lock Out\Tag Out? If it was your task to vulnerably position yourself then, liability wise, it would be your responsibility to de-energize the machine.

Not trying to be a dick, because I've been there, on both sides. I've got scars, but I've still got all my fingers. Praise Jaysus.

On topic, let me ask again. Repairing items while riding in a vehicle: Possible or Not?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Ahhpple posted:

I just got this game yesterday and I'm fighting for Drassen right now. What's the best way to take it? Should I take one sector, train militia there, take the next, and so on? Or do I take everything one after another and spend a few days in a row training in each area?
There's not really a big difference with smaller towns like Drassen or Chitzena. You'll probably have to beat off an assault or two with your mercs while you train up the militia, so just be careful to reposition them away from sector edges while you train.

Copper Vein posted:

On topic, let me ask again. Repairing items while riding in a vehicle: Possible or Not?
Pretty sure this is impossible with the way the assignment system works. You can sleep in a vehicle, but that's about it. Traveling requires the merc to be assigned to a squad or vehicle.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

chairface posted:

It's more a matter of you giving MERC enough money they can afford to even offer those guys. So hire Gasket and maybe Razor and Haywire, or send Biff and Flo to train militia in the back field, whatever it takes: Speck needs the $$$ if he's gonna hire Cougar, Gaston, Stogie (and Tex but that may only be AIMNAS/Wildfire)

It looks like can be edited in merc profile editor, there is a button "MERC avaialbility" on profiles of MERC dudes.
The default settings are
pre:
New guys    Days in Game   Money spent on MERC
Bubba       8              500
Larry       15             1000
Numb        20             15000
Tex         21             16000
Biggins     23             18000
Cougar      25             20000
Gaston      30             25000
Stogie      31             26000
I think you need to meet both time and money spent criteria

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Vengarr posted:

I have never actually completed a full game of Jagged Alliance 2 due to save game corruption, reformats, having to give the disk back to my friend, etc. despite having done pretty much everything else possible. I want to replay it with 1.13 and maybe possibly see the ending this time.

Pretty sure it's this guy. Post your steam profile and I'll gift it to you.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Pyromancer posted:

It looks like can be edited in merc profile editor, there is a button "MERC avaialbility" on profiles of MERC dudes.
The default settings are
pre:
New guys    Days in Game   Money spent on MERC
Bubba       8              500
Larry       15             1000
Numb        20             15000
Tex         21             16000
Biggins     23             18000
Cougar      25             20000
Gaston      30             25000
Stogie      31             26000
I think you need to meet both time and money spent criteria

Yeah, that's not going to happen then... That would require too much wasted time. I've already liberated 5 towns, so its just Grumm, Tixa, Orta, Balime and Meduna left.

Razor and Haywire are dead. Biff and Flo have been fired. All I have is Larry, who
is sober and thusly kicking rear end.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
I'm about to try a MERC only playthrough (with the IMP character as well, I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment). Does Larry ever recover after falling off the waggon, or does he keep the junkie statline forever?

Baytor
Oct 4, 2010

Well, never mind! Commando missions are much more fun than girls anyway!

Soylent Yellow posted:

I'm about to try a MERC only playthrough (with the IMP character as well, I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment). Does Larry ever recover after falling off the waggon, or does he keep the junkie statline forever?

I read that it's possible to sober him up if he has a near-death experience, or sees one of the bugs. Never tried the second one (who the gently caress plays sci-fi?) and every time I've tried the first one I cocked it up and he died.

On a completely unrelated note, Biggins owns hard. I was using him to train everyone else up on explosives and he bugged out and jumped straight to 100 leadership and wisdom. Now he's tear-arsing around Arulco with an SA80 shooting the tits off every sorry third-world motherfucker that looks at him funny. I'm sorely tempted to hire Red so I can have Team UK Moustache.

EDIT: oops, meant to spoiler tag the first bit.

Baytor fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 26, 2012

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Soylent Yellow posted:

If we are using spoilers for this:

You can clean him up by placing him in a square with no access to alcohol or Medical Kits. He should recover after a bit of drying out. I usually don't bother though, it's too much effort.

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger
Except sober Larry is a pretty good merc. Just keep him busy and he wont fall off the wagon again, you can even use him as a doc, just don't leave him idle anywhere close to alcohol or medkits.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
drat I wish this game didn't start the way it did. I'm so sick of that run-down town and the march to Drassen dodging/fighting that first patrol and taking over Drassen for the billionth time.

I keep trying to start a new game because BiA ran out of replay value (whose idea was it to have no weapon progression?) but it's just not worth wasting an hour of my life dealing with this abysmal interface and slow start just to get to ordering from Bobby Ray and shooting people in the face.

Can anyone give me a 'blank canvas' save file they use to skip all that?

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

What happens if you don't immediately turn in the letter and go to Drassen? Can you just go to the other side of the map and take Chitzena or something?

Baytor
Oct 4, 2010

Well, never mind! Commando missions are much more fun than girls anyway!
There's nothing stopping you from not meeting/ignoring the rebels. You can talk to Miguel on Day 1 or Day 100 and it still pans out the same.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zigmidge posted:

drat I wish this game didn't start the way it did. I'm so sick of that run-down town and the march to Drassen dodging/fighting that first patrol and taking over Drassen for the billionth time.

I keep trying to start a new game because BiA ran out of replay value (whose idea was it to have no weapon progression?) but it's just not worth wasting an hour of my life dealing with this abysmal interface and slow start just to get to ordering from Bobby Ray and shooting people in the face.

Can anyone give me a 'blank canvas' save file they use to skip all that?

Ctrl+gabby

Alt+O

March to the Airport Alt+Oing anything that bothers you.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Jarf posted:

Pretty sure it's this guy. Post your steam profile and I'll gift it to you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vengarr

Thank you!

edit: Started my first game in years thanks to Jarf, and the first with 1.13. I cockily swaggered into Drassen airport at night with my night ops, machine-gunner IMP merc "Bastard" at the front. While scouting ahead, he rounded a corner and walked smack-dab into a female sergeant and her patrol. Apparently she had more composure than him, because she promptly ripped the MP5 out of his hands, punched him in the face until he was unconscious, and then killed him execution-style with his own gun. "Bastard's" last words, "Jesus-K-HRIST!", were never more appropriately spoken.

I mean, holy poo poo. I didn't even know they could do that.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 27, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Mans posted:

Ctrl+gabby

Alt+O

March to the Airport Alt+Oing anything that bothers you.

It's gabbi.

CTRL+GABBI actives cheat mode, alt-o kills everything. If combat stays active press it twice, end turn, try again, reinforcements can keep combat active. Get drassen, secure, whatever, create save, back up save, third back for safeties sake, have fun.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Baytor posted:

There's nothing stopping you from not meeting/ignoring the rebels. You can talk to Miguel on Day 1 or Day 100 and it still pans out the same.

You can literally just head straight to the Queen and win the game without bothering with anything else (obviously this is difficult. But completely allowed by the game mechanics). Killing Deidranna is the only required objective in the entire game. It's one of the really cool elements of the game - there's no linear chain of events you need to adhere to to win, or arbitrary number of sidequests you need to complete to unlock the finale. You're just dropped into Arulco with one objective, and then everything else is meant to help you reach that objective. If you don't think something is worth your time, you don't have to do it!

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 27, 2012

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

SpookyLizard posted:

You MAY (emphasis on the may) be able to go into the XML editor, go to the weapons/ammo/attachments stuff, and remove the scifi tags from items. Scroll to where it says "scifi" sort by that, right click > enable editing > click check boxes. Save before closing any windows, open game, kill some time for bobby rays to restock and then check it out.

It worked, thanks

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Is there a way to speed up the computer's turn?

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

In your guy's opinion, what is the best reaction to Mike showing up, and Mike getting killed?

In my game he was seen by my IMP and was killed by Tex, who isn't in the original JA 2.

I reloaded just to hear the reactions, and heard Ivan's and Thor's.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

signalnoise posted:

Check under Graphics Settings in the ini editor. You can change the speed of the player, enemy, creature, militia and civilian turns.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

adamantium|wang posted:

Check under Graphics Settings in the ini editor. You can change the speed of the player, enemy, creature, militia and civilian turns.

Thanks, this is awesome

Burns
May 10, 2008

With the new hit system, having sidearms is an absolute requirement. I'm in the process of retaking Cambria with the latest version of 1.13 and I'm doing it with pistols and one or two SMGs. I have Danny in place of Fox and since he is also ambidexterous he can just lock down areas with his pistols.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

membranoid posted:

Except sober Larry is a pretty good merc. Just keep him busy and he wont fall off the wagon again, you can even use him as a doc, just don't leave him idle anywhere close to alcohol or medkits.

I heard that alcohol can just appear in his inventory out of the blue. Don't know for sure since I only tried him once. Maybe I'll use him in a future gimmick game, drunk or not.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Burns posted:

With the new hit system, having sidearms is an absolute requirement. I'm in the process of retaking Cambria with the latest version of 1.13 and I'm doing it with pistols and one or two SMGs. I have Danny in place of Fox and since he is also ambidexterous he can just lock down areas with his pistols.
Not to mention the new gunslinger->gunfighter skill trait. With those bonuses, pistols can get pretty goddamn powerful. I have an ambidextrous gunfighter IMP, equipped with two Colt Anacondas fitted with 2x scopes and laser sights, and she is an absolute loving terror.
Downside is that the metric rear end-ton of .44 speed loaders takes up a LOT of inventory slots. :v:

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger

CaptainWinky posted:

I heard that alcohol can just appear in his inventory out of the blue. Don't know for sure since I only tried him once. Maybe I'll use him in a future gimmick game, drunk or not.

It does but i think it only can happen in city sectors. And only if you don't give him something to do. Certain alcoholic mercs will give him alcohol too. I typically just make him repair or doc whenever i stop in a sector for any amount of time. If he does fall off the wagon just make him hump between Drassen and San Mona for a few days and he'll sober back up again.

He's pretty drat cheap compared to how good he is, has technician and paramedic traits, and he's got decently high wisdom sober so he becomes a machine pretty quickly. I've heard not to leave medic bags or boosters in his inventory when he's not actively using them. First aid kits are fine though.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

signalnoise posted:

Kill more of them during yours.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

crashdome posted:

Kill more of them during yours.
:golfclap:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
You don't need to dodge the first patrol. I always fight them on Expert and come out ahead, barring a lucky headshot. It's fine if a few guys are too injured to participate in the first Drassen fight, since you can just abuse the bar in the mine sector, and you only need about 2 people to take the airport sector at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do i disable mortars? I don't use them myself so it's frustrating to see death come from above with laser guided accuracy.