Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Jarf posted:

Who wants this?

Tell me in one sentence why you want Jagged Alliance 2.

I'll be back later to gift it to the best reason (or just give it to the only person that replied).

I have never actually completed a full game of Jagged Alliance 2 due to save game corruption, reformats, having to give the disk back to my friend, etc. despite having done pretty much everything else possible. I want to replay it with 1.13 and maybe possibly see the ending this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Jarf posted:

Pretty sure it's this guy. Post your steam profile and I'll gift it to you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vengarr

Thank you!

edit: Started my first game in years thanks to Jarf, and the first with 1.13. I cockily swaggered into Drassen airport at night with my night ops, machine-gunner IMP merc "Bastard" at the front. While scouting ahead, he rounded a corner and walked smack-dab into a female sergeant and her patrol. Apparently she had more composure than him, because she promptly ripped the MP5 out of his hands, punched him in the face until he was unconscious, and then killed him execution-style with his own gun. "Bastard's" last words, "Jesus-K-HRIST!", were never more appropriately spoken.

I mean, holy poo poo. I didn't even know they could do that.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 27, 2012

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Is there a reason the throw ranges are so atrocious? Even people with high strength and the throwing skill literally cannot chuck a grenade across the street.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Thanks to whoever pointed out that you have to be standing to get decent throw range. Seems to make a difference.

And holy hell, is throwing amazing! Every game I played previous in vanilla featured gunlines of automatic weapons and sniper rifles, because it felt like the only way to succeed. As a gimmick, I started a new game and made my IMP Merc into a ninja with Throwing/Night Ops/Stealth/Melee, and he is an unholy terror. He leapt from a roof in Drassen and murdered a guard in the open, then retreated under a hail of gunfire back to the roof. Three guards clambered up after him, and it looked like he was done.

The first he took out with a throwing knife to the eye that MADE THE GUYS HEAD EXPLODE. ("Now that blows my mind! ...Guess that makes two of us.") Then he wheeled around and threw a Shuriken through the throat of the second guy, who fell backwards in a beautiful swan dive to his death. With his few remaining APs, my IMP pulled out his combat knife and buried it in the chest of the last guy.

Why would you ever NOT play this way? I can't imagine how awesome it will be when I get camo and half-decent NVGs.

One question: does weight affect noise made while sneaking at all?