Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010

TerryLennox posted:

Was this a bug? Doesn't the queen fight?

No, it's not a bug. The queen doesn't fight either in vanilla or 1.13.

ted_himself posted:

Anyone else seen the bug where your merc has a messed up portrait? It looks like it's been merged with a robot or something

edit - in fact I'm not sure I've done this correctly. I downloaded JA2 from GOG.com, then just merged the mod with that installation. There's a data folder, and a data 1.13 folder. Is that going to get picked up? Was there some installation file I should have run and failed to?

Regarding the portrait, is it possible you're wearing a gas mask? The facial graphics for them are rather ugly.

As for the two folders after installation, that's normal. If you start up the game through the INI editor you can select whether you want to use 1.13 or vanilla.

Mr.Nice posted:

The BIA thread should be called "Jagged alliance Back in Action : I salivate in anticipation".

Realistically, was anyone salivating in anticipation of BIA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010
As it's your first time through, it's worth being aware of the history screen in the laptop. Outstanding 'quests' will be in red.

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010

quantumfoam posted:

Seems like Igor & Ivan are due for drastic revisioning if Jagged Alliance 3 ever comes out.
If not totally rewriting their backgrounds, maybe make them competent vs normal enemies from early game to mid-game but fold up to Larry Roachburn's "relapsed stats" facing elite army units.

I don't know about that. They could easily be comtemporised as good/elite soldiers who got fed up of the incompetence and corruption of their country's army and went private. Which isn't exactly too different from their previous story.