Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I've recently got into mashups of all sorts and have gone on a downloading spree, listening to a lot of good poo poo and well, a lot of poo poo. Some of my favorites so far include Girl Talk's two albums, American Edit, Jay-Zeezer, The Grey Album and Redd Blood Cells (White Blood Cells + bass). Any major works that I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Been getting into noise rock recently, and so far have really enjoyed the following bands:

Big Black
Shellac
Arab on Radar
Lightning Bolt
Fugazi
Les Savy Fav
The Jesus Lizard
Boredoms
Mclusky

Any other essential noise rock bands out there that I may be overlooking?

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Technetium posted:

You need Killing Joke. That's the essential noise rock you're missing.

Killing Loaf posted:

The Birthday Party and Butthole Surfers are the only "essentials" that haven't been mentioned that I can think of, but check out Scratch Acid, Flipper, and Chrome too.

kingcobweb posted:

Cows, Royal Trux, Rapeman, STNNNG, Young Widows, Witch Hats. Those last three aren't "essential" but they were recommended by someone else on the forums, and I love them.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, downloaded Killing Joke's "What's This For?", The Cows' "Cunning Stunts" and Flipper's "Generic" with my Zune Pass. I've heard so many good things about Killing Joke, can't believe it took me this long to actually get into them. Thanks again.