Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AuntJemima
Jul 22, 2007
So I've been hardcore into Daryl Hall & John Oates lately with my favorite albums being Abandoned Luncheonette and their Self Titled. So any recommendations of similar sounding music would be great! From any era doesn't have to be the 70's.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AuntJemima
Jul 22, 2007
Can anyone recommend more artists for my incredibly lame taste in music?

Right now I'm really into soft 70's rock I guess you'd call it. Artists like Bread, Paul Simon, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Steely Dan.. You get where I'm going with this. If you have Sirius radio The Bridge is my favourite channel.

I know all the huge bands that I listed that are constantly played but if there is any artist less known about I'd love to hear it! Hell, it can be from any decade I don't really care. Thanks!

AuntJemima
Jul 22, 2007
Can anyone help the musically challenged?

What is the second instrument that comes into play in this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3ruuml-R4

I'm guessing its an Organ but I'm not really sure. Also any other songs you can recommend that makes good use of that sound would be amazing. I don't know why but I love that sound.

AuntJemima
Jul 22, 2007
Any recommendations for rock bands that also use horns. I'm talking early Chicago and Blood, Sweat and Tears.

No ska please! Thank you.

AuntJemima
Jul 22, 2007
Can anyone recommend any good books and movies based around rock and roll and its history. Same with any soul or mo-town and Woodstock '69. I barely know anything and there seems to be a lot out there and would hate to pick something up that's super lovely.

This was the closest thread I could find to post this.

Thanks!