Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I really like the song Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston, is there anything I should check out that's similar to that? I like the way he sings in that song, sounds kinda reggae I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Anyone heard of the band http://www.myspace.com/belongmusic ? Is there any bands similar to it you'd suggest I'd check out? I really enjoy bands of this genre in general, it gives me goosebumps.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
My DAD is looking for a good 80's alternative web radio that he could put on while he goes to sleep (I'm pretty much the same way, but with sleepbot or whatever) but things like last.fm or pandora shut off their stream after a while. He wants it to be on when he wakes up, so it has to be like something you can stick into foobar or whatever and just let it run.

Any ideas?

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Hung Yuri posted:

My DAD is looking for a good 80's alternative web radio that he could put on while he goes to sleep (I'm pretty much the same way, but with sleepbot or whatever) but things like last.fm or pandora shut off their stream after a while. He wants it to be on when he wakes up, so it has to be like something you can stick into foobar or whatever and just let it run.

Any ideas?

Anyone?

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
What are some good long track songs in the vain of Jesu's Infinity?

I've always had that motherfucker on my top 5, but Infinity just gives me goosebumps all over.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

the Bunt posted:

This is way way way noisier and erratic but it has the chiptune/synth sound, the female shrieking vocals.

Rolo Tomassi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9yUCOelxS8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEd8GJcLmnE

Might not be your thing. But that's probably because I have trouble understanding what about Crystal Castles that makes people jizz so hard.

Sounds like a more erratic Fear Before The March Of Flames or The Fall of Troy I guess, at least the first one.

also

Hung Yuri posted:

What are some good long track songs in the vain of Jesu's Infinity?

I've always had that motherfucker on my top 5, but Infinity just gives me goosebumps all over.
Anyone?

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

fozzie dunlop posted:

Give Thaumogenesis by Nadja a spin, it might be up your alley.

I love Nadja and I have that already, any others?

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

slowdave posted:

Gvaz I think you've already heard Birchville Cat Motel and Black Boned Angel but listen to them if you haven't I guess. I find Robedoor sort of boring but you might get a kick out them, who knows, who knows.

Oh and the 6xLP set Fear Falls Burning did with in collaboration with several other artists has some sweet 20+ minute songs on it

The only one's I've heard with Birchville Cat Motel and Black Boned Angel, is BBA's song with Nadja (Christ Send Light), and Fear Falls Burning vs Birchville Cat Motel. Coulda swore I had a cd or something of theirs though...

Also a Pyramids cover of Birchville Cat Motel's "Ghost". I'll look into those along with Robedoor, thanks man.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
If I liked this album by Dol Theeta (The Universe Expands), what other things might I like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

het posted:

You've heard Dol Ammad I assume?

Yessir, I've heard all their albums.

That's how I found out about Dol Theeta actually.