Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts

bovis posted:

I just got the Animal Collective album Merriweather Post Pavillion, and I loved it. What other Animal Collective albums should I get?

If you started with MPP, it's best to work backwards from there. Start either with the Water Curses EP or Strawberry Jam, and then go back to their freak folk days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts

Epileper posted:

I've been really into Black Moth Super Rainbow for a while now, and I was wondering if there's anything else that's pretty similar to them. Mostly looking for something like this:
http://www.last.fm/music/Black+Moth+Super+Rainbow/_/Lake+Feet
Something like really organic electronic with an acoustic touch.
I already have a bunch of Mum, Library Tapes, and Boards of Canada

Check out Shogun Kunitoki, from Finland. They sound almost like if BMSR recorded an instrumental post-rock album. Very organic-sound synths, and if I recall correctly, their set-up is all analog. http://www.myspace.com/shogunkunitoki

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts

boof posted:

I really like Dan Deacon's album Bromst and want to explore his back-catalog but have no idea where to start. Anyone got any recommendations on what to get first?

Go with Spiderman Of the Rings, it's the album that got everyone's attention, and if you want to get more of his music that came out before that, some of it is for free on his website here, but it's all much more experimental than Bromst or Spiderman Of The Rings.

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts

Pious Pete posted:

I'm looking for some percussion driven indie in the same ilk as Matt & Kim, Wildbirds & Peacedrums, and Menomena. Any suggestions?

I don't know exactly accurate this recommendation is, but you should check out Drum's Not Dead by Liars. It's a fair bit more experimental and sinister-sounding than the bands you've listed, but it's very percussion driven.
I'm looking for something similar to Los Campesinos!.

The Bacon God fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 9, 2010

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts

Hooplah posted:

Give me something like Saul Williams or Death Grips.

B L A C K I E ALL CAPS WITH SPACES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlaTToeWDHA