Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Sons of Northern Darkness is great but is really clear and crisp for a black metal album. A couple that have a similar sound are Immortal's All Shall Fall (2009)(obviously), Gorgoroth's Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt (2009), and Dissection's Reinkaos (2006)(which isn't technically black metal but has a similar production). You can try working backward chronologically on those bands and see if you like that.

Also, here's three general black metal recommendations.

Mayhem: De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (1994)
Dimmu Borgir: Stormblast (1996)(this is before they suck, even if it seems gay at first stick with it because it is awesome) (p.s. do not listen to the 2005 remake)
Emperor: In the Nightside Eclipse (1994)

If you like that stuff come to the black metal thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2685887 and ask for more!

(sorry about the parentheses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

I'm looking for more stuff like Vibrasphere - Lungs of Life. I saw someone describe it as "progressive psy-trance," but searching for that hasn't been too fruitful. I really like how it's mellow, but the bass hits every beat, and there's lots of psuedo-trippy riffs but it's pretty understated and slower than the typical psytrance I've heard. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm hoping there's more poo poo like this out there.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Recommend me some dub -- the darker sounding kind. Like these two songs we all know and love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56-0sM8LaFM

I know the first track is Scientist and I have an album with that song on it, but most of the other songs are happy, up-beat stuff. Same with King Tubby and the other dub I've heard -- I love the darker, moodier stuff but most of it is happy and bouncy.

Is there any dub out there that focuses on the dark stuff?