Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Any recommendations for folk ballads sung by a woman, in english, with minimal accompaniment, like maybe a guitar and or some drums but not, like. A whole cacophonous band.

Any culture, I was looking for icelandic and irish recently but I'll take whatever, including from USA, Canada, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
These are great, thanks!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Can anyone recommend an instrumental slide guitar blues album or artist?

I'd also prefer if it's not a scratchy old recording.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thank you, I will. For me, listening to the blues is basically being told "go listen to your parent's music".

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sim City 3000 is one of my favorite soundtracks ever, but I don't even know where to begin to find more songs or bands that sound like Night Life, Sim Broadway, and UpDown town. "Jazz" is way too vague, but if anyone wants to give any of those three songs a listen and help me out, I'd appreciate it. If I had to pick one song to represent what I want, it'd be Sim Broadway one it gets going.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I like rhapsody in blue, but the Piano sections don't have the big, loud, upbeat energy I get from Sim Broadway. I'll check out the Polygon piece.

Edit: interesting interview about the Sims, which I'd never really played, but I gave the sound track a listen and it's not quite the same. Frustratingly, telling streaming services to play music similar to Sim City 3000 is just getting me various OSTs.

Edit: Oh, hey:

https://www.destructoid.com/how-simcity-made-me-fall-in-love-with-jazz/

Kraid posted:

If you like the soundtrack I could also direct you to some similar artists that greatly influenced the album such as: John Coltrane, Miles Davis (earlier work), Art Blakey, Sonny Rollins, Cannonball Adderley, Dave Brubeck, Herbie Hancock and Dexter Gordon.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 15, 2023