Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

m0nkeysensei
Mar 13, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Trying to find more music similar to this. The Flashbulb - Warm Hands in a Cold Fog This song is very different from others on the same CD so, i don't know where to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m0nkeysensei
Mar 13, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

I'm not entirely sure how to describe the genre I'm looking for... somewhere between college rock and dance-pop. Thankfully, like everyone else in this thread, I made A LIST of bands :v:
  • Big Audio Dynamite
  • late-80s Public Image Ltd
  • Tom Tom Club
  • Oingo Boingo
  • The B-52's
  • Shriekback
  • Depeche Mode
  • Pet Shop Boys
Any recommendations? Dinosaur bands I haven't heard of would be good, but modern acts in this style (are there any?) would be even better.

Possibly Rupesh Cartel, but thats more europop.

m0nkeysensei
Mar 13, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Grace under pressure and permanent waves are their best albums. Get them. That their concept album 2112.

Edit:
So far I've downloaded EitS, talkdemonic, ...of sinking ships, Godspeed you!, Mono, and Hammock. Any other really beautiful ambient post-rock bands out there?

m0nkeysensei fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 26, 2009

m0nkeysensei
Mar 13, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Anything out there like MSI?

m0nkeysensei
Mar 13, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Anyone know of any music similar to bombadil?

m0nkeysensei
Mar 13, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Suggestions for albums like Thievery corporation - Radio Retaliation ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m0nkeysensei
Mar 13, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Looking for more angry sounding post-rock similar to 65daysofstatic.