Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Grenyarnia posted:

I've been listening to MGMT and Passion Pit recently and I'm really enjoying it. Any recommendations for similar artists?

Indie with a bit of an electronic twist, eh?

Try (if you haven't already) Hot Chip, Caribou, Klaxons, Filthy Dukes, Ladytron, Metronomy, The Presets, Flairs, Holy gently caress, Health, Soulwax/2manydj's, Sleigh Bells, Phoenix, Lcd Soundsystem, Miike Snow, The Big Pink, Foals, Delphic, We Have Band, These New Puritans, New Young Pony Club, CSS, Ian Brown, Deerhunter, A Place To Bury Strangers, Fenech-Soler. etc, etc.

Most listed in this post have some indie/electronic/dance crossover to varying degree's, some will be more like a typical rock band and some will be more electro-pop. Also try looking at some of the festival lineups from the past few years as MGMT and passion Pit tend to play a lot of rock/indie festivals with a lot of similar style bands.
All bands i have mentioned have released something in the last 18 months or so so finding their work wont be too hard. Hope you enjoy!

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

a homeless man posted:

Could anybody recommend something that sounds like Pendulum? Lately i've been loving their sound, and songs like Set Me on Fire, Slam and the Island are really nice.

Get these albums, they are faily mainstream and are a good gateway into drum and bass in general and sound pretty much similar to pendulum.

Noisia - "Split the Atom LP"
Chase and Status - "More than a lot"
High contrast - "Confidential"
Sub Focus - "Sub focus" LP
The Prodigy - "Fat of the land" onwards?
Tc - "Evolution"

Have a root around on the net for some Andy C, Netsky, London elektricity, Dj zinc, Magnetic man, Nero they are similar as well.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 28, 2010