Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

Holy Dread! posted:

Converge
Botch (We Are the Romans), Coalesce, The Dillinger Escape Plan (iwrestledabearonce opened for them on their latest tour)

Holy Dread! posted:

Baroness
Kylesa (Static Tensions), Torche

I need some more jazz, specifically stuff like:
Charles Mingus, esp. The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
Miles Davis, esp. Bitches Brew and the Jack Johnson album
John Coltrane

But especially Mingus. I love me some Mingus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

Looking for some modern crust recs. Been listening to Black Breath, Cursed, Trap Them.

Thanks

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

John Jhonson posted:

This is kind of a strange request, but can anyone recommend any music with sort of a dark and moody banjo? Ideally just instrumental, but lyrics are fine too. Most stuff I hear that involves a banjo is a lighter, more uptempo bluegrass-y sound, but I'm looking for something slower and less cheerful.

I don't have much to list as examples, but the banjo on Johnny Cash's "Ain't No Grave" and the general sound and tone of some of 16 Horsepower's stuff comes to mind.

Tarantella

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMtrxjAbnXo

One dude even played for 16 Horsepower briefly

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

Does anyone have some good garage punk or modern lo-fi garage rock recommendations?

Just looking for lo-fi, rough around the edges kind of stuff. For examples, this is who is on my current playlist:

- Black Lips
- Nobunny
- Jay Reatard
- Ty Segall
- Younger Lovers

Just looking to supplement the playlist with additional artists. Thanks!

thee oh sees, coachwhips, blasted canyons, total control, gg king, homostupids, k-holes, naomi punk, puffy areolas, running, the lovely limits, stolen girls, hank wood & the hammerheads, guilty parents

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

The Duke of Avon posted:

Kind of a random request, but can anybody recommend some indie pop/rock songs that are about Pittsburgh, or at least mention Pittsburgh? So far I'm only finding Pittsburgh bands with songs about unrelated topics. I'd prefer female vocalists, assuming this even exists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN7qbKP455k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

kirkjames posted:

I know pretty much nothing about hip hop made in the last 10 years (other than the obvious big names) but I randomly picked up A$AP Ferg's "Trap Lord" LP and Run The Jewels S/T. I know these aren't really that similar but any rec's for stuff like this would rule. I've heard El-P's last and thought it was "meh" but I really like Killer Mike if that helps. Also please don't recommend Death Grips.

maybe try out mr muthafuckin exquire, deniro farrar, denzel curry, idk if hes really that similar to those guys but lil ugly mane ill rec to anyone given the chance