Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
So.... I've always liked Disco / House / that sort of thing, and a track from No Straight Roads (a music videogame) caught me pretty hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANCMbw7y-sg

The type of (albeit stereotypical to the genre) instruments really smack to what I really enjoyed about Disco and House in particular, and I've been trying in vain to find some similar piano and synth driven tracks.

I've noticed a lot of Alex Metric remixes have this feel as well, to name an artist I quite like already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Erebus posted:

This may be stating the obvious, but the artist on that track is Funk Fiction, who has other work you can look up that sounds similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPjAYQsLN0I

Beyond that I would look into one of the many nu disco/deep house mixes on Youtube and see if anything strikes your fancy.

Their stuff is alright, but I was hoping for a few older tracks. A lot of stuff that's also close to what I'm looking for more of include Stylophonic (specifically their Man Music Technology album which I can no longer find, at least digitally), Ernst Saint Laurent (mostly his remixes, though some of his own stuff is quite good), previously mentioned Alex Metric (probably one of the more recent artists), and so on.

An old friend of mine from OverClocked Remix (Beatdrop/Dain Olsen) used to do some amazing house DJ sets (which were great because a lot of the more popular dj sets I always found at the time were more Trance- or Goa- focused), which have been impossible to find, and I really wish I could find his old tracklists for them to give better references. I've forgotten a lot of the track names and artists of my old favorite tracks from a decade or two ago, unfortunately.