Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm looking for some good instrumental folk/americana/alt-country/etc music. John Fahey, some Leo Kottke, and Tom Rush are along the lines of what I'm looking for, but I'd love some groups that are more than just solo guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm looking for more music like the Wye Oak song Civilian. I've listened to the rest of the album and it's not quite what I'm looking for. The rest of their music also doesn't seem to be much in the same vein. I guess I'm not sure what it is about that song specifically.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

This feels like a weird ask because I'm pretty sure this song was written explicitly for a long-running UK murder mystery TV show but I can't get it out of my head, so anything else out there that's like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiQ0ZxuBr9A

basically, ominous folk ballads, I guess?