Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Paperhouse posted:

I appreciate that this is a really vague request but I guess it's worth a go

I've been listening to Asa-Chang and Junray, and I doubt there's anything similar to them but I'm looking for something else that might scratch the same itch. More specifically, I like how their best stuff is really beautiful and pretty and melodic, and also experimental and really quite weird in the way that they play around with choppy spoken word/percussion and really unpredictable and strange rhythm and timing changes. Again, I don't expect to find anything particularly similar, but I always appreciate music that is classically beautiful but also in some way completely out of the ordinary. If that makes you think of something, I'm interested to know what. Specifically not really interested in improv stuff though

I was about to write basically this exact same post, but about the Books instead, so I appreciate people writing all the answers before I asked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Looking for music for panic attacks. Something instrumental, minimal, soothing, to help when my mind is racing a mile a minute and I'm stuck in fight or flight mode for no reason.

The best thing I've found so far is Music for Airports, but not all ambient stuff works. Soothing Sounds for Baby (ironically) makes it way worse from the repetitive high notes.