Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Hey, this isn't really a regular request - I'm not looking for music artists themselves but rather.....a news hub of some kind that I can frequent that you guys would recommend.

I'm looking for something that talks mostly about anything from the non-dance universe of electronic music. I'm talking trip hop, downtempo, hip hop, fusion jazz (jazz at all is a huge plus). poo poo like cinematic orchestra, Mr Scruff, Tribe Called Quest, Tosca, Zero 7, Medeski Martin & Wood, Air, Quantic etc etc etc. You can see where my tastes go and you can see how old and out of date they are. I need to discover all the new artists that have grown from these guys as influences.

I'm finding it difficult these days to find the time to get lost in All Music branching out and discovering dozens of artists in a day so I'd love to be able to visit a single place that reports as these artists release albums and tour news and the like.

*edit* Maybe some information to add more context i dunno: All I do right now is check NinjaTune.net weekly to see what's up and what's new with their label.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Okay this is a bit off the hook.

I'm completely into Dvye (Dvie/Dve) Gitari https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6hoBm8rTkg which is a pretty popular Russian folk tune. I want to discover more of this genre but I haven't the faintest idea where to start looking. Any recommendations you guys can make me?