Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I am a fan of "layered" music that has a lot to explore, yet has a melody. I am listening to a lot of Devin Townsend right now which is fantastic for this kind of thing. I am still finding new elements in his last two albums. Heavier stuff is preferred. I don't mind bands like Muse, though I am not really a big fan of their latest album. I have all of Devin's side projects, as well as his work with Strapping Young Lad.

Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Dead Pressed posted:

Any specific works you want to point out for DT? He's kind of eclectic. I know that's part of the draw (believe me), but knowing a song or two in specific will help a bit, especially with how much his catalog can vary.

For the meantime, try out:
Soilwork
Opeth
Disarmonia Mundi

It is hard to pinpoint just one or two. I am not a big fan of "Hummer," if that helps. Otherwise, the first songs that come to mind are "Supercrush," "Tiny Tears" (I like the waltz solo) and "Pixillate."

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I have Opeth, but the other two I'll have to look into.