Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Moo
Apr 10, 2006
I'm looking for something similar to the Sneaker Pimps post Becoming X. Splinter is one of my favorite albums and I have not been able to find anything that sounds like it... Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Moo
Apr 10, 2006

etard knievel posted:

Morcheeba, Portishead, Thievery Corporation, Massive Attack, Tricky

*edit: wait, I'm getting splinter and becoming x mixed up. actually I don't know, I'll have to listen to it again when I get home and edit this post, sorry

Thanks. I checked out Morcheeba and I really like it. The others are what friends have pointed to when I asked this, and they're good but aren't quite it... I think what I'm looking for is the mix of acoustic guitar and electronic sounds.

Chairman Moo
Apr 10, 2006

blue squares posted:

I'm in a stage in my life right now where I feel really lost in what I want to do. I'm confused as to who I am and where my life is going. I'd like to listen to something that I can identify with in regards to these feelings. Sorry if I'm being vague, I'm not sure how to put what I'm feeling into words.

I always go back to Sneaker Pimp's album, Splinter. Elder's recommendation of Fever Ray is good as well.

Anyways, good luck with figuring it out. Lord knows I haven't :smith: