Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seeing Eye Duck
Mar 30, 2008

"I may not be able to see all the bullshit going on in here! But he can!"
Before you read any further, I just want to make it apparently clear that this movie is not one hundred percent accurate in portraying the Weapon X or Avenger Universe.

To start off the movie does a great job of getting you into the story as soon as it starts out. The synopsis could basically be described as two separate perspectives from Wolverine and Thor's first encounter with the Incredible Hulk. Thought these two perspectives intertwine, both have characters from each of the characters backstory. Wolverine's for example has an all star line up of Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Sabertooth, and the fan favorite Deadpool (yes i know Deadpool right?).

This movie is a straight-to-dvd release from Marvel, but like most of the animated releases, they do a better job of telling the stories of the marvel characters. I rated this movie a 5/5 because of its engaging storyline and accurate depictions of the characters involved. If you're a fan of Marvel Comics or the Movies I highly recommend you pick this up, you'll be glad you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanko
Apr 7, 2004
winnar
Hulk VS is loving amazing, anyone discouraged from checking this out because of the past direct to dvd Marvel releases shouldn't worry. Both episodes are extremely violent and the Wolverine one is really bloody. The voice acting is extremely well done and not at all childish. This isn't a cartoon for kids in anyway. All the cliched crap commonly found in kid cartoons is missing. For example they actually say "kill" instead of "destroy" or "defeat" or any of that other nonsense dialogue that gets shoehorned in for younger audiences.

The Wolverine episode is more Wolverine centered and has a bunch of Wolerine and Weapon X related characters in it. Deadpool fans will like this episode. The Thor one is equally violent and just as exciting, although less blood because there's not nearly as much stabbing and cutting. Overall this DVD is definitely worth buying, my only complaint is the length. The Wolverine episode is like 40 minutes and the Thor one is like 45. After watching this you will definitely want to see more.