Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Give me white sabers or give me death becoming a force ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat, I wish I hadn't slept on that Ahsoka. I've got the original sitting on my desk right now, but that new face is so much better.

edit: gently caress it, I'll pay the few dollar premium to get her from BBTS.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I wonder if we’ll get a new Ahsoka sculpt for live action from Mando S2?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chill Penguin posted:

I wonder if we’ll get a new Ahsoka sculpt for live action from Mando S2?

No doubt. But you’ll never see it in the stores lmao

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Not sold on the new Sabine sculpt, but Hera looks good. I may jump on that and Zeb only since I’ve got the rest, Sabine has a helmet, and I’ve already got a custom zatoichi-style eye thing head for Kanan.

I’m not a box collector either, so I don’t really care about the new packaging, but it’s cheaper-looking imo because it just reminds me of Marvel Legends.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Captain Invictus posted:

gimme a beakie and I'll be interested.

If they do a Raven Guard they probably will, they have Primaris beakie helmets

Captain Invictus posted:

interesting to see actual official warhammer 40k action figures after SO LONG of refusing to make them when they would obviously be a huge cash cow, because they feared it would harm the miniature business.

I really hope they go crazy with repaints. I don't just want every Space Marine chapter, I'd get Necron Warriors from different Dynasties.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 29, 2020

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Pretty disappointed they didn't use the re-release as a time to update Sabine and Ezra to their more grown up look; the most iconic episodes of Rebels are with their grown up looks.

Just generally disappointed we get basically zero alt. heads at all in the Black Series, whereas Legends is full of them. (I know Legends has a lot more re-use overall, so that's probably it)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ShimSham posted:

Pretty disappointed they didn't use the re-release as a time to update Sabine and Ezra to their more grown up look; the most iconic episodes of Rebels are with their grown up looks.

Just generally disappointed we get basically zero alt. heads at all in the Black Series, whereas Legends is full of them. (I know Legends has a lot more re-use overall, so that's probably it)

drat, thanks for pointing this out. I'd rather have her grown up look too. They've released a young and older version of Ahsoka, and lord knows if they can release a dozen Vaders with almost imperceivable changes, they can give us two Sabines and Ezra's. Cancelled my Sabine PO.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
For black series specifically they’ve only done that one Ahsoka. We’re getting a second Vader this fall that’s the first new Vader sculpt since the original. The others were just paint variants or clear plastic like the Emperor’s Wrath one. But you’re right, Hasbro has been far less willing to do new sculpts for black series figures than any of the other lines. Even the 3.75 range is kinda winding down, a lot of the upcoming Vintage Collection are just straight rereleases or updated likenesses on old bodies.

I don’t want to be one of those “Hasbro doesn’t care about Star Wars!” weirdos but they definitely need to start pouring more effort into the base lines. We keep getting cool one-off poo poo like the TBS scale Snowspeeder or the 3.75 Skiff & Sail Barge, but the figures have been pretty whatever.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ah, didn’t realize the Ahsoka with the green sabers was from the 3.75” line.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I ended up just pre-ordering Zeb, Ackbar, and Teebo. Before quar I only owned 2 Black Series figs. Now I have 7, plus another... 14 on preorder or my BBTS pile of loot. I also got a great deal on an opened Mafex Vader and SHF ROTJ Luke. I’m just hoping we move to a bigger place before stuff starts to pile up.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've gotten the impression over the last few years that Star Wars toys aren't really selling much anymore relative to recent peaks and that kids don't care at all. The license probably is still expensive and they need to balance making money off it but without getting so expensive that they lose the sales to the more premium figures that collectors could buy instead.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Shiroc posted:

I've gotten the impression over the last few years that Star Wars toys aren't really selling much anymore relative to recent peaks and that kids don't care at all. The license probably is still expensive and they need to balance making money off it but without getting so expensive that they lose the sales to the more premium figures that collectors could buy instead.

I don’t think the interest in Star Wars in general has waned, but Hasbro has garbage distribution and for Force Awakens, Rogue One, Last Jedi, and Solo their primary 3.75” line was a bunch of sloppily-painted 5POA junk that few collectors wanted. Then they kept trying new stylized “kiddy” lines like the Galaxy of Adventures stuff that didn’t really have a place in established collections. The Vintage Collection and Black Series stuff still regularly sells out online. They just need to focus on ultra-poseable 3.75” stuff again alongside the popular Black Series instead of gimmicky lines no one asked for, and they need to fix their distribution somehow so that people can actually buy what they want in-store instead of resorting to eBay or preordering months in advance from an e-store.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I can see the point of the 5POA figures as the discount line aimed at kids, and the Black Series for collectors. But yeah, the gimmicky stuff that didn’t fit anywhere just doesn’t make sense.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I think Hasbro isn't really setup to sell heavily collector oriented stuff to stores. Adult collectors are just going to go online. It doesn't seem like they would keep bothering with the cheap lines unless there was some real market pressure or pressure from stores to have it.

DC/Marvel Super Hero lines has a lot more space dedicated to it in places like Target which gives them more ability to sell cheap kids stuff as well as the more adult collector oriented stuff. I assume that they must be selling a lot better because they have all that shelf space.

Edit: Star Wars probably also has suffered from how after the initial pre-release excitement for Force Awakens, there wasn't demand for most of the Disney era characters. Stores would want the most stock when a movie comes out, then they're left with a wall of Finns, Constable Zuvios, Roses, Cassians, Jyn Ersos, young Hans and Maz Kantas that never move so they don't order more. It seems like Hasbro lowered the overall distribution of new characters by time Rise of Skywalker came around but by that point, even the troopers had become slow movers.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 31, 2020

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
By the time Rise came out stores here didn't stock much beyond Star Wars beyond Lego, a peg or two for the 5POA line of the time and one for Black Series(sometimes). They really cut down after Solo, though it feels like they all really cut down on everything Collector-ish but Lego in general after TRU closed, can barely find MLs anymore, the only line seemingly not that affected is Transformers.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Marvelous News revealed a whole new Deadpool and X-Force Marvel Legends wave, which will probably appear on HasbroPulse tomorrow:

https://marvelousnews.com/252-26963

Completely skippable for me, but I figured some people here would appreciate the '90s-centric choices.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I like the very cute land shark but have no context for it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The_Doctor posted:

land shark

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

"Jeff the Land Shark," a Kelly Thompson creation from her West Coast Avengers run, where he/it was Gwenpool's pet. I have the first volume but haven't read it yet, although I think the world of Kelly Thompson. I helped her solve a mystery on Twitter last year, and she was very grateful and generous in return. Her Hawkeye run was delightful and funny, too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 31, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hey what happened to the Deadpool movie figures?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CelticPredator posted:

Hey what happened to the Deadpool movie figures?

There were rumours they were going to reveal actual Spider-verse ML figures too, but I guess not this time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Strong Guy BAF though

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Good luck getting through all those peg warmers to get him though. We got Cannonball and Sunspot within a year of each other, but they’re in their X-Force costumes. I guess I was hoping for Deadpool and Uncanny X-Force, but most of those figures already came out years ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

"Jeff the Land Shark," a Kelly Thompson creation from her West Coast Avengers run, where he/it was Gwenpool's pet. I have the first volume but haven't read it yet, although I think the world of Kelly Thompson. I helped her solve a mystery on Twitter last year, and she was very grateful and generous in return. Her Hawkeye run was delightful and funny, too.

He's from her West Coast Avengers run

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

He's from her West Coast Avengers run

I might have edited my post to correct it right before you quoted me. I have that first volume but haven't read it yet. It seemed so wacky and random that I assumed it was a Deadpool thing.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Got my Plasma Series Ghostbusters yesterday. Overall they're great with excellent likenesses, but why only give ONE proton beam effect? That makes zero sense.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

There were rumours they were going to reveal actual Spider-verse ML figures too, but I guess not this time.

Spiderverse figures are slated for 2021, I’d expect maybe a reveal around NYCC or Toy Fair 2021 ... or at least their virtual equivalent.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Any news on a New Mutants pack later in the year for the movie? I need a couple of parts to finish my Warlock (Sunfire & Polaris) and would like a Cannonball without the jet bottom. Plus the Moonstar/Karma/Wolfsbane & Magik were both Walgreens, so it would be nice to see them get a wider release.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Havoc904 posted:

Any news on a New Mutants pack later in the year for the movie? I need a couple of parts to finish my Warlock (Sunfire & Polaris) and would like a Cannonball without the jet bottom. Plus the Moonstar/Karma/Wolfsbane & Magik were both Walgreens, so it would be nice to see them get a wider release.

Unfortunately New Mutants exists in a quantum state where it can never actually be released.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The SH Monsterarts Monster Hunter Rathalos and Nargacuga are up for preorder. I'm VERY tempted to get one of them, they look REALLY good!

https://www.tamashiinations.com/product_detail/shm_monster_hunter/

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The SH Monsterarts Monster Hunter Rathalos and Nargacuga are up for preorder. I'm VERY tempted to get one of them, they look REALLY good!

https://www.tamashiinations.com/product_detail/shm_monster_hunter/

Oof $208 hurts. Did not expect Rathalos to be over $100.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My G.I. Joe Classified Snake Eyes was supposed to arrive today, but Amazon never shipped it. They just sent me a notice saying they have no idea when it's going to ship now, and if I don't approve the change, they'll go ahead and cancel my order for me. That was a new one!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
They did that to me with the dragon ball radar. Took another week or two but it showed up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

My G.I. Joe Classified Snake Eyes was supposed to arrive today, but Amazon never shipped it. They just sent me a notice saying they have no idea when it's going to ship now, and if I don't approve the change, they'll go ahead and cancel my order for me. That was a new one!

I've had this happen a few times, always with preordered toys!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, same, but for anything reasonably mass-produced they've eventually made it. I'm not too concerned if I don't get something before others.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm really stressed about about having to teach a class right now, on top of all the other stresses in the world. Even if it arrived today, I was toying (no pun intended) with the idea about keeping it on display but not opening it until my class ends in mid-July, as something to look forward to. I guess I can still look forward to it, since I have no idea when it'll actually show up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

I got an identical notice for three black series figures today, so my guess is some big Hasbro shipment from China was delayed.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

I got one of these for a pre-order Marvel Legends figure back in mid-March as they were prioritizing shipping for emergency supplies. No updates since then and I can't cancel the order now since part of it has already shipped, but it'll be half the price anyone else is selling it for so I don't mind waiting. Might be worth considering cancelation if you have the option and can still get the figure in question elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Peyote Panda posted:

I got one of these for a pre-order Marvel Legends figure back in mid-March as they were prioritizing shipping for emergency supplies. No updates since then and I can't cancel the order now since part of it has already shipped, but it'll be half the price anyone else is selling it for so I don't mind waiting. Might be worth considering cancelation if you have the option and can still get the figure in question elsewhere.

I used Amazon gift credit, so it's free for me. Target and Walmart didn't have any traces of Joes this morning, and HasbroPulse says theirs won't ship until July 1st and may still have delays anyway, so I'm gonna keep my order, at least for now.