Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Portly and powerful Thanos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1282672388770091014?s=20

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Third Tier for the sentinel is a second, female Sentinel Prime figure.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1282667842668642307

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Looks like the OG X-Men movie is an upcoming wave

https://twitter.com/danyunistrying/status/1282712705057652738?s=21

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They’d already announced the P.Stew/McAvoy and McKellan/Fassbender Xavier and Magneto, hadn’t they?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What happened to the Deadpool 2 ML’s?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Meh. More wolverines. Call me when they do Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

she's already been announced and i've seen a promo pic

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Warhead comes in a 2 pack with the movie Deadpool. It's not going to be a normal wave. Cable is Walmart, and there's a Domino. Originally planned for early fall but who knows now I guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TAKE MY MONEY NOW LEGO

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I want her and the entire DP movie cast. Minus TJ.

Dopender when.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

They already showed all of these at Toyfair. 2 wolverines (one in jacket, one in tank top with dogtags), the Xavier/Magneto 2 pack with head swaps for both sets of actors, the Jennifer Lawrence Mystique.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Fuzz posted:

They already showed all of these at Toyfair. 2 wolverines (one in jacket, one in tank top with dogtags), the Xavier/Magneto 2 pack with head swaps for both sets of actors, the Jennifer Lawrence Mystique.

Oops, guess I was way late to / missed this.

In other news, gregday's stuff is still awesome.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If anyone is getting the Sentinel and doesn’t want this figure, I’ll likely take it off their hands.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I wonder if they would Haslab a big Stay Puft. It would probably still be undersized but even that seems too big for a BAF.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Shiroc posted:

I wonder if they would Haslab a big Stay Puft. It would probably still be undersized but even that seems too big for a BAF.

They do have the licence now. 🤔

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

If anyone is getting the Sentinel and doesn’t want this figure, I’ll likely take it off their hands.

The Prime Sentinels will be $100+ each withing weeks of the release. You could buy the Sentinel and make more than half back flipping those two.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

The Prime Sentinels will be $100+ each withing weeks of the release. You could buy the Sentinel and make more than half back flipping those two.

So what I'm inferring from this is it'd be stupid NOT to purchase the 5 maximum allowed?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sticksy posted:

So what I'm inferring from this is it'd be stupid NOT to purchase the 5 maximum allowed?

Buy 5, sell 2 complete and boom you got 3 free Sentinels.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You're stupid if you don't at this point. I'm thinking about getting one just to flip down the line.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And since they're made to order and you're not taking one away from anyone your conscience can be clear.

It's up to 9500 btw.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

You're stupid if you don't at this point. I'm thinking about getting one just to flip down the line.

This is kinda where I’m at, but I just spent money on like half a dozen different video sales plus a brand new 3D printing hobby and all the supplies involved. Maybe I’ll back it in a few weeks after it gets up to something crazy like 15k backers.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Okay how about I buy five, sell one and the accessories from the other four, then use the 4 sentinels as coffee table legs?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

davebo posted:

Okay how about I buy five, sell one and the accessories from the other four, then use the 4 sentinels as coffee table legs?

Think about all the cool Wolverine stuff you can buy if you buy 10 and sell 6.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Its gonna be a buyers market when every backer is trying to sell off the extra 10 sentinels they bought. Sentinels as far as the eye can see, for dirt cheap prices!!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rhyno posted:

That's where I'm at, I'm just nervous about dropping a ton of money right now. I'm definitely selling all the extras to cover the cost of the one sentinel I bought so far.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

JT Smiley posted:

That's where I'm at, I'm just nervous about dropping a ton of money right now. I'm definitely selling all the extras to cover the cost of the one sentinel I bought so far.

I don't get that though. How many people out there really want and will overpay for a female Sentinel Prime figure and a Master Mold head but NOT a huge Sentinel?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

davebo posted:

I don't get that though. How many people out there really want and will overpay for a female Sentinel Prime figure and a Master Mold head but NOT a huge Sentinel?
That’s where my head is at, I’m hoping a kindly goon will be okay with parting with the Prime Sentinel for a reasonable price to subsidize some of their Sentinel purchase, but not hope for a colossal $100+ payday on the figure. If that’s the way it’s going to go, Rhyno is right and I might as well go all-in.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well if you look at the Sail Barge which is the closest analog we have for this completed sales have gone from on the low end of 950 to 1600. Yakface alone which there is not as many completed sales has gone for 165-229.

Now there will likely be more people buying extra Sentinels than Sail Barges just for the mix of a slightly lower price and the knowledge of how much Sail Barges have gone on the secondary market. But you have to weight that with how much more popular and iconic of a item a Sentinel is comparatively. I am not sure how much the figures will sell for since Bastian is the most well known of the two and is still fairly obscure. Anyone who would really want one will likely be the type that will be ordering one already. Anyone that popular would likely be rereleased outside of this as well, which would be a fear for all of this as well since Hasbro has not shied away from doing rereleases of popular, in demand items. After all all the tooling and whatnot will be done for this which will make a second run nearly pure profit for them a year or two down the line.

Personally if I had the money I'd buy multiple being prepared to eat the cost of the extras and I'd sit on them for a bit until a new X-Men movie is announced/comes out to flip for maximum profit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Sail Barge finished with half the backers the Sentinel currently has, and was also their first project so there was some doubt about it and resistance to the Kickstarter method.

That meant probably a lot more people out there who wanted one but didn't get one through the campaign.

It's not easy to predict how aftermarket will go on these. You'd certainly see some profit, even if just to sell to people outside the US/Canada.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Based on the current ToyBiz, and hell, Hasbro Sentinel 3rd party market, I could only seeing these things increasing in value over the years, especially with the extra add-ins and potential future tiers being added. If Hasbro does something crazy like include an exclusive TAS Morph with the sentinel, expect fans to fork out a shitload of money for him kinda like with what they're doing with Rogue. Futures on sentinels can only go up up up!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

All yours in a year and a half.

Single carded figure is $20, right? So that plus the shipping, let's say $25.

... you know, assuming US currency still exists and is worth anything by the time this poo poo ships.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCmhL4qgpDh/

Super 7 is coming out with an Ultimates King Diamond, and I'm giddy with excitement. :rock::black101:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fuzz posted:

All yours in a year and a half.

Single carded figure is $20, right? So that plus the shipping, let's say $25.

... you know, assuming US currency still exists and is worth anything by the time this poo poo ships.

You got it! :woop:

Is that the projected ship date, in a year and a half?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fall 2021 is what they said, yeah.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Grant DaNasty posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCmhL4qgpDh/

Super 7 is coming out with an Ultimates King Diamond, and I'm giddy with excitement. :rock::black101:

Wrestler?

(I genuinely have no idea who this dude is, but that looks like something Undertaker would use at a concert)

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-top-gun-mash-up-maverick-robot

I can’t stop laughing at this. The volleyball kills me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wrestler?

(I genuinely have no idea who this dude is, but that looks like something Undertaker would use at a concert)

I figured I'd just post his picture since it doesn't really clear that up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wrestler?

Sorry, he's a heavy metal singer. They've made some Reaction figures of him, but I'm excited to see a full 7 inch version.