Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

From what I've read, while they're not as slick as the $500+ custom ones that are available from sites like Vaders Vault etc., the Legacy ones are solid for the cost. A little bulkier than the handmade props from the movies but perfect as a display piece you can sometimes take down to make it go vooom voooom voooom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I decided I want the Filmation She-Ra figure for my collection but they are no longer selling it individually on BBTS, only in the 4-pack. I was thinking about buying the four-pack and trying to flip the other three (Grizzlor, Mantenna, Fisto). If you don't have those figures I'd pass them along to you at cost.

I don't have any of them yet. I slept on classics too long.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Was finally able to replace one of my favorite “take with me everywhere” toys I had as a kid. Seeing all your MOTU pics Rhyno kept triggering the nostalgia. I have the plastic for it too, the guy I got it from had the whole set sealed but the glue failed on this one. Was only turned into egg mode once to ship it. He’s basically brand spanking new.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Beautiful.

I still need the Gore-illa from that series. I should probably buy one before they explode in price.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I don't have any of them yet. I slept on classics too long.

Well my question is, if I buy the set of 4, would you want to buy the other three off me (at no extra charge), or are you planning to buy the set of four yourself? I know you have said you're not that into She-Ra compared to He-Man, but if you're ultimately going to want the She-Ra yourself, splitting the set with me might not be as awesome a deal... hunting her down individually is a little tough these days, but you also seem to have a lot of connections.

I'm sure I could make a respectable profit selling them on ebay, but it's not about that. I'd rather help you out with your sweet collection, IF you're more interested in the other 3 figures right now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

From what I've read, while they're not as slick as the $500+ custom ones that are available from sites like Vaders Vault etc., the Legacy ones are solid for the cost. A little bulkier than the handmade props from the movies but perfect as a display piece you can sometimes take down to make it go vooom voooom voooom.

Yeah, the custom ones you can buy online tend to have lots of bells and whistles that a nice little display piece wouldn't really need, and in most cases are made for "dueling." Which is insane to me, since durability aside, why would you want to smack around a $500 toy as hard as possible? I guess if you have the money to throw around for LARPing, more power to ya.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nanigans posted:

Yeah, the custom ones you can buy online tend to have lots of bells and whistles that a nice little display piece wouldn't really need, and in most cases are made for "dueling." Which is insane to me, since durability aside, why would you want to smack around a $500 toy as hard as possible? I guess if you have the money to throw around for LARPing, more power to ya.

All the important stuff is in the hilt, so the blade's only a polycarbonate tube worth about $1.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Luke one looks great, and the Rebel Alliance symbol with the green background on the case is a nice touch. Looks a lot like the Green Ranger symbol.

Paid more than I wanted, but I’m happy I bought it. Getting this and the Ghostbuster wand within six months of each other makes me super happy. My two favorite pop culture weapons.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Well my question is, if I buy the set of 4, would you want to buy the other three off me (at no extra charge), or are you planning to buy the set of four yourself? I know you have said you're not that into She-Ra compared to He-Man, but if you're ultimately going to want the She-Ra yourself, splitting the set with me might not be as awesome a deal... hunting her down individually is a little tough these days, but you also seem to have a lot of connections.

I'm sure I could make a respectable profit selling them on ebay, but it's not about that. I'd rather help you out with your sweet collection, IF you're more interested in the other 3 figures right now.

Oh I get you. I do actually want that She-Ra (gotta catch em all).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Mafex!

DIABOLICAL!

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 22, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s fun! Likeness is iffy but not horrible.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

CelticPredator posted:

That’s fun! Likeness is iffy but not horrible.

It's better than the Homelander likeness. In general they seem to be going for comic styled characters based on the actors, at least that's the vibe I'm getting. Makes them fit in perfectly with their Marvel and DC comic figures, can't wait to have Superman and Homelander beating the crap out of each other on my desk.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The baby prop is pretty hilarious. Good likenes, or at least, I immediately knew who that was supposed to be.

I was going to make a comment about paying 100 or so bucks for a "guy in a long coat" figure, but I'm tempted by the mezco constantine so

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1363885743920283650?s=20

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

10 Beers posted:

Ha, I saw that Shadow Weaver and for a quick second thought they'd really oddly updated Orko.

This ain't your daddy's Orko

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

GI Joe Classified is getting some competition.

https://twitter.com/figuredeals/status/1363990362415636480?s=21

I don’t need another line to collect...

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Neca also strongly hinted in a tweet that Scrag comes with the mutant bat parts to swap out (similar to Vernon and his rat parts).

Either way I skipped the whole set option, unlike the last series. I did get the video game and cartoon boxes, tho.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

The smiling face is really really unnerving.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dale-Taco posted:

Turn on your monitor

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Grant DaNasty posted:

GI Joe Classified is getting some competition.

https://twitter.com/figuredeals/status/1363990362415636480?s=21

If it helps they'll release like 1 a year at best, so you'll never get the characters you want.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I fixed some toys!

Not bad for my first time doing this. I actually fixed two Hurricane Hordaks, one has much nicer gold than the other so he went back in the case. The only one that resisted was a Thunder Punch He-Man, the new band end was too large to fit through the channel so I gave up. These bands came from a Mercari seller and are a little rougher than the "He-Bands" found on ebay but they came to $1.10 per band. I now have a stable spare Man At Arms so he will display the Mega Laser.

In other toy news, the wife ordered me the Filmation set of 4 and I will likely order the set of 6. And if I could find time to get down to Indianapolis there's a dozen more Classics waiting for me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Dale-Taco posted:

Better than the left head sculpt imo, but that's just me telling myself I don't need another Destro on my shelf

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I am glad I have stopped myself from buying any of the Mezco figures so far. Popeye almost broke me and if I had the money at the time it would have done it. I think the Crow might finally do it this time just because I doubt we’ll get another one in 1/12 anywhere near as good anytime soon.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Only one I bought was the Superman one, but drat I got my shipping notice with the estimated date for delivery on Monday, and then when it updated 12 hours later it was moved to Thursday. That sucked.

I don't plan to collect them at all, but I've got an incredible weakness for the 78 Reeve movie.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't remember who the butt crack purist was, but apparently there's a third party costume addon coming out for Alita.

Thought you might wanna know about it.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Got a shipping notification for the Hot Toys Mando w/ Child. I went from having no Hot Toys to now having two within the span of a single month (I got bit in the rear end by expecting one or both of them to get delayed enough so they wouldn't hit in the same month). I'm excited, but I see the sickness beginning. With two mandolorian armors, I can't NOT get the Bo-Katan, right? And since I've got Miles/Gwen on order, I should also get the new Miles suit from the game, right??? :shepicide:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, gently caress. I haven't been hit with the email heads up about the payment coming due but yay on a wee lil baby Yoda! Now I just gotta get the spear and I think I'm good. Not buying an entirely new figure just for that, or the thigh armor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Agrias120 posted:

And since I've got Miles/Gwen on order, I should also get the new Miles suit from the game, right??? :shepicide:

I've got ITSV Miles on pre-order, and while I love the game suit, I'm just going to wait till someone parts it out on ebay so I can just buy Spider-Cat separately.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

I fixed some toys!

This is great. Is there a walkthrough video that you used to do this or a step by step guide? My original He-man, Skeletor and one other dude all have wonky legs and won't stand. I'd love to fix them without breaking them to pieces.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

Got a shipping notification for the Hot Toys Mando w/ Child. I went from having no Hot Toys to now having two within the span of a single month (I got bit in the rear end by expecting one or both of them to get delayed enough so they wouldn't hit in the same month). I'm excited, but I see the sickness beginning. With two mandolorian armors, I can't NOT get the Bo-Katan, right? And since I've got Miles/Gwen on order, I should also get the new Miles suit from the game, right??? :shepicide:

Is that from Sideshow or straight from HK?

I got mine from a Canadian distributor so there's always a 2-4 week delay beyond Sideshow.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Aphrodite posted:

Is that from Sideshow or straight from HK?

I got mine from a Canadian distributor so there's always a 2-4 week delay beyond Sideshow.

That's direct from Sideshow!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Agrias120 posted:

I'm holding out for the Luke from The Mandalorian as my first ever Hot Toys. I need a case for him, though.

Whenever they get around to making a season 2 Mando (with the updated thigh armor) I'll probably bite for that too.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nanigans posted:

I'm holding out for the Luke from The Mandalorian as my first ever Hot Toys. I need a case for him, though.

Whenever they get around to making a season 2 Mando (with the updated thigh armor) I'll probably bite for that too.

I'm definitely in for a Luke, too.

If I had been thinking more clearly, I would have waited for a season 2 Mando. But coming off of the season 2 finale, I decided to finally bite the bullet on Hot Toys since I was riding really high on Star Wars hype at the time. That's what made me snag the ESB Boba, Mando w/ Child, and Ahsoka.

EDIT: I wish I would have jumped in sooner, only to get the Jedi Training Rey. I really love the figure/outfit, but by the time I decided to commit the waitlist was full.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 23, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys Mando armor is usually velcro, so your S1 Mando can easily be S2 Mando.

Agrias120 posted:

That's direct from Sideshow!

Cool, so mine should be relatively soon then since they get their stock from Sideshow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

An Ounce of Gold posted:

This is great. Is there a walkthrough video that you used to do this or a step by step guide? My original He-man, Skeletor and one other dude all have wonky legs and won't stand. I'd love to fix them without breaking them to pieces.

This is the guide I used, you will have to do a little breaking

https://youtu.be/eJfEibRQIWM

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

Hot Toys Mando armor is usually velcro, so your S1 Mando can easily be S2 Mando.

Shhhhh, my wallet doesn't need to hear that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Who do you use Aphrodite? I know of ToySquare only.

I kinda like Sideshows monthly payment thing though so if there are Canadian ones who do that it'd be nice. I loving hate paying duty.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Can't remember who the butt crack purist was, but apparently there's a third party costume addon coming out for Alita.

Thought you might wanna know about it.

It's me... I appreciate the heads up. It's interesting they include alternate hands to sort of fake her appearance from earlier in the story, while the "berserker" body is covered up by the outfit. The costume that comes with the figure is a little awkward to put on / take off because it fits so tight, and the material is so thin that some of the sculpted details underneath poke through in odd ways. It's not exactly horrible looking but I prefer to display the figure without it. If the third party costume is easier to deal with, it might be worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I only have 1 figure I can swap clothes with - Flynn from Tron - and my god is it a pain in the rear end. I feel like I am gonna break his loving arms off.