Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finally moved my detolfs and thankfully no major issues. The glass slid out of one but we got back in without issue. The rattling on the drive was nerve wracking though! Thankfully the highway was smooth.

Just did Star Wars for now. Next will be Terminators and Robocop. Then my Batman stuff. See what I have room for after. Hopefully get my Flynn in there for sure.

Might rework those wires down the road as it’s a bit messy and I’m sure there’s cleaner ways these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

MOTU Origins Hordak very briefly reappeared for preorder on BBTS last night, and I was able to get that guy reserved before it flipped back to sold out. No luck with the rest of wave 4 yet, but Hordak was definitely the high priority for me out of those figures. Definitely still want to find Stratos and Tri-Klops eventually, but I could take or leave Ninjor.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Nerd Of Prey posted:

MOTU Origins Hordak very briefly reappeared for preorder on BBTS last night, and I was able to get that guy reserved before it flipped back to sold out. No luck with the rest of wave 4 yet, but Hordak was definitely the high priority for me out of those figures. Definitely still want to find Stratos and Tri-Klops eventually, but I could take or leave Ninjor.

That wave was at Target not too long ago. Tho now it seems we're back to the obligatory pegs of just He-man and Skeletor with Battle Cats underneath.

It seems like each wave briefly shows up, gets bought, then another case He-mans and Skeletors arrives and fills the shelves until it's time for the next wave to flash by.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are these as good as they look?

If anything they are better, imo. I just got my pile of loot with all the ones I'd ordered and they are amazing in person. I'm a NECA transplant and was skeptical if these would be worth the cost, but I'm very happy I made the jump now.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That huge He-Man toys book showed up, and I flipped to a random page in the middle, and it had a glaring gently caress-up on that exact page; the page for the Classics version of He-Man that came in a two-pack with Superman has a duplicate of the full text describing New Adventures He-Man (who is on the next page) in place of any info about the two-pack. I don't care that much since it's just a minor variant in a two-pack and I don't really feel like that needs much of an introduction, but like... how amazing is it that this was the FIRST PAGE I read...

(Page 483 if you're reading along at home)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Got my The Toys of He-man and the Masters of the Universe + Character Guide Supplement in today, and holy poo poo the main book makes me feel like my wrists are going to break holding it up.

It did make me desire a reprint of the Character Guide which I missed out on, as I don't REALLY want to pay some third party seller $80 for it. :(

E: Ok, actually I didn't realize the book was ~$50 probably, not really a huge mark up, my mistake.

This book is loving massive though and just flipping through, it's insanity just how much of this line I didn't even know existed even today.

There was a reprint last year, it was previously hitting $150+.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I'm trying to get into TMNT collecting but I have no idea who has the license and what kind of collections there are; I just want a regular sized comics or film based Leonardo. Where should I look for?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

radlum posted:

I'm trying to get into TMNT collecting but I have no idea who has the license and what kind of collections there are; I just want a regular sized comics or film based Leonardo. Where should I look for?

Neca is doing two TMNT lines based on the 90's movies and the old cartoon, and Super 7 is doing one based on the Playmates toy line.

The Super 7 line is probably more attainable right now since it's pretty new and they're reissuing a few (see a few posts up), but in terms of quality I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Neca also did some nice comics-based ones a couple years ago if that's what you want, not sure what the prices are like nowadays...

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

NECA's Movie Turtles are incredible, especially for the price point... might be really really hard to find at this point now.

If you pre-order off Super 7's site, do you pay immediately or when the items ship?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
drat, if Playmates had had Star Trek, TMNT, and Star Wars in the early 90’s they would have been completely unstoppable.

I kinda dig that sculpt too, it’s a much better style than the roided out ones Hasbro eventually made in ‘95.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

NECA's Movie Turtles are incredible, especially for the price point... might be really really hard to find at this point now.

If you pre-order off Super 7's site, do you pay immediately or when the items ship?

You pay immediately. If you don't mind waiting a bit longer, you can pre-order them through BBTS and pay when they arrive. That way you're not locking up that money for a year.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I just saw that Neca also has Turtles in Time figures; I loved that game as a kid, but they look kind of weird. Do you have any of those?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'd say if you only own one set of ninja turtles in your life you should go with the Neca 1990 movie figures. They are some of the nicest action figures I have ever owned, nicer than a lot of high-end Japanese imports and stuff. I can't imagine a better version of these characters.

I only bought the 4 turtles and Shredder, and stopped there, but I am immensely satisfied with them. I feel like my collection is complete. As much as I respect the work Super 7 is doing, I feel like the movie figures are the only turtles I'll ever I need on my shelf.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

radlum posted:

I just saw that Neca also has Turtles in Time figures; I loved that game as a kid, but they look kind of weird. Do you have any of those?

I have the ones they've released so far, and I think they look pretty neat from a few feet away. I do agree that up close the pixelated paint looks a bit weird, but it really comes together on display (imo).

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'd say if you only own one set of ninja turtles in your life you should go with the Neca 1990 movie figures. They are some of the nicest action figures I have ever owned, nicer than a lot of high-end Japanese imports and stuff. I can't imagine a better version of these characters.

I also definitely agree with this. I went a little hard with NECA at first because I wasn't sure what lines I'd be able to easily get/find. But now that I am downsizing my collection, I think the 1990 movie figures are the only ones I am keeping.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I am so glad I don’t like tmnt. Those figures seem like a pain. GI Joe is stressful enough

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Out of curiosity I was checking eBay to see if the 1990 turtles are still available at reasonable prices, and they are! Even filtering for US sellers only - to weed out a lot of maybe (?) bootlegs available from China - it looks like it's not hard to get a set of 4 turtles for under $200 shipped... or in other words, close to the same price the Super 7 figures currently retail for. If I had paid $50 per figure for those guys, I would not be mad. If you do some bargain hunting you might get them for less than that, even. They are rad as gently caress, and absolutely worth hunting down while you still can.

In non-TMNT news: I've been keeping a close eye on BBTS for the MOTU wave 4 figures I still want, after I managed to catch Hordak during a brief window of availability. I'm wondering if maybe they pop back up for preorder in real-time when other people cancel preorders. Ninjor was available to preorder for a few minutes tonight but I don't care much about that guy and let it slide. At one point the entire wave 4 set (slightly cheaper as a set) showed up as available to preorder in a search, but it was back to sold-out by the time I clicked it. I was really hoping for a while that I could just catch wave 4 at Target, since wave 3 was and still is pretty easy to find there, but they came and went pretty quickly from what I can tell.

EDIT: Ha ha! I managed to catch a window of availability for the full wave 4 set this morning. Finally.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 14, 2021

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Out of curiosity I was checking eBay to see if the 1990 turtles are still available at reasonable prices, and they are! Even filtering for US sellers only - to weed out a lot of maybe (?) bootlegs available from China - it looks like it's not hard to get a set of 4 turtles for under $200 shipped... or in other words, close to the same price the Super 7 figures currently retail for. If I had paid $50 per figure for those guys, I would not be mad. If you do some bargain hunting you might get them for less than that, even. They are rad as gently caress, and absolutely worth hunting down while you still can.

If you're lucky, you MAY run into the 2-pack sets in Wal-Mart as there was a huge flood of them a month ago, which brought down the aftermarket prices. They're my four favorite figures I own (I own two sets) and I get the movie accessory set today too, which looks like dumb fun.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Nerd Of Prey posted:

In non-TMNT news: I've been keeping a close eye on BBTS for the MOTU wave 4 figures I still want, after I managed to catch Hordak during a brief window of availability. I'm wondering if maybe they pop back up for preorder in real-time when other people cancel preorders. Ninjor was available to preorder for a few minutes tonight but I don't care much about that guy and let it slide. At one point the entire wave 4 set (slightly cheaper as a set) showed up as available to preorder in a search, but it was back to sold-out by the time I clicked it. I was really hoping for a while that I could just catch wave 4 at Target, since wave 3 was and still is pretty easy to find there, but they came and went pretty quickly from what I can tell.

EDIT: Ha ha! I managed to catch a window of availability for the full wave 4 set this morning. Finally.

Careful with eBay and the Neca 90s turtles. They have been bootlegged. My friend bought a set of the bootlegged ones and while he hasn't mentioned any breakage issues, the paint apps aren't the greatest.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Major bludd is releasing on the 19th. The target by my house is getting 6. So. I gotta wake up early for it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

CelticPredator posted:

Major bludd is releasing on the 19th. The target by my house is getting 6. So. I gotta wake up early for it.

If you see extras, please grab me some. NYC is a wasteland for Target exclusives.

Was coming here just to post that.... he's already in some stores, if any of you see him, I'll buy him, please!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ll try! Hopefully there’s no collectors here who know and I can just grab them without fighting people.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I actually like the Carol figure in this pack.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1393273931696648194

Also, now I can make the Chef Show figure I’ve always wanted.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1393253314570170371

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've actually been investigating this over the past month. When someone has a figure on pre-order and drops them it is almost immediately (within seconds) available on the individual figure page. The searched page (ie MOTU search with all other figs) takes 5-10 minutes to update. It goes from "pre-order sold out" to "pre-order available". If all figures have been paid for but are still in a pile of loot they are "sold out." If someone cancels their pile of loot purchase (in exchange for store credit) it immediately goes back to available to buy. Once the last pile of loot figure is shipped, the figure disappears from search but the individual figure page persists if you know the direct URL. Occasionally (?returns) a sold out figure pops back up for sale without a pre-sale.

I wrote a little python script to text me when a figure pops back up so I was able to reserve all the Mythic Legions pre-orders on BBTS when people dropped theirs.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know horrible behaviors from collectors have come up from time to time in here so it's somewhat related but trading card collector behavior has gotten so toxic and physically unsafe that Target has dropped all trading cards, ccg and sports, from their stores and Wal-Mart appears to be close behind. All it it took was a YouTube teen and a few months to elevate these people past Hot Wheels enthusiasts for the title of 'too much'.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wait what happened?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finally!!

This photo doesn't do this set nearly enough justice. Even in this super basic pose, he looks great. I really need to dig into the accessories.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s perfect

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Wait what happened?

Actual fights.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Xenomrph posted:

Wait what happened?

https://games.avclub.com/children-no-longer-allowed-to-buy-poke-mon-cards-at-tar-1846886267

The AV Club posted:

The retailer’s move follows a fight between five men in a Brookfield, Wisconsin Target parking lot last Friday. Rather than settle their card-buying dispute the proper way—by linking two Game Boys together so a fight between some kind of “pocket monsters” decides the winner—a 35-year-old man “pulled a gun” on the “four men aged 23-35" who assaulted him as he was exiting the store.

I was in a Target the other day, and while I was checking out, some father with two kids with him was harassing the employees because he was only allowed to buy one pack. Couple of things:

a) When he was told he could only buy one pack, he told his two young kids, "I guess you guys aren't getting any."
b) He was an rear end to the employees saying things like "I guess you don't have kids", "You guys must hate kids", and "I hope you never have kids."
c) Dude, you're using the self check-out. Buy your one loving pack, put it in your car, go back in, buy another, and repeat. Stop being a loving rear end.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 15, 2021

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

extreme swagger levels with this pose 10/10

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Davros1 posted:

https://games.avclub.com/children-no-longer-allowed-to-buy-poke-mon-cards-at-tar-1846886267

I was in a Target the other day, and while I was checking out, some father with two kids with him was harassing the employees because he was only allowed to buy one pack. Couple of things:

a) When he was told he could only buy one pack, he told his two young kids, "I guess you guys aren't getting any."
b) He was an rear end to the employees saying things like "I guess you don't have kids", "You guys must hate kids", and "I hope you never have kids."
c) Dude, you're using the self check-out. Buy your one loving pack, put it in your car, go back in, buy another, and repeat. Stop being a loving rear end.

Wait if he had two kids with him doesn't that mean he could get three packs? They all check out separately? I dunno.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jet Ready Go posted:

Wait if he had two kids with him doesn't that mean he could get three packs? They all check out separately? I dunno.

I don't think he could figure that out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My planned mando pose is gonna be a bitch to work out how to do, but I'm hoping for the weird half squat/lean he does when he quickdraws.

I know it's possible, but within my skill set, debatable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When a deal presents itself, you can't pass it up. Especially on poo poo like this

Fisto, Scareglow, Randor and Webstor ran me less than Fisto sells for on Ebay by himself. It pays to build a rapport with a seller.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

CelticPredator posted:

Is there a way to find out if a specific store is getting any? I'm not seeing him show up on popfindr or target's site.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kingtheninja posted:

Is there a way to find out if a specific store is getting any? I'm not seeing him show up on popfindr or target's site.

Someone at repost posted this, go to target, have them scan it and see.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You can usually just use the scan kiosk and avoid human interaction.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I've got a question for the thread: on a scale from 1 to 10, how extreme is it to file a dispute with PayPal over a payment to get a retailer to contact/respond you?

For context, I've been trying to contact Ages Three and Up via their email address asking for an update regarding a preorder I made. I've mailed them twice through my own email address to their support address on the 22 and 29 of April, and once on the 8 of May through their .ca website's support request page. No huge keyboard warrior screeds, just "hi just wondering if I could get an update on my order" kind of emails. As of now it's been three weeks of complete silence, and I don't feel terribly respected as a customer. In my experience this behavior is atypical of A3U, as they generally respond within a few days in the rare event I have to contact them. Having been seemingly ignored I'm considering emailing to cancel my order, as my life won't be demonstrably improved with beast megs, warpath and cyclonus (whenever it comes into stock with them). I'm not sure that would work, given the circumstances, hence considering filing a dispute through PayPal. I mean, I'd accept "thanks for your patience, we don't have any new info at this time." I just want to feel heard lmao, and I wonder what the thread thinks given everyone's experiences with different retailers.

Given this is a Wendy's drive through I'll have a baconator combo please

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’d say it’s fair if it was an in stock item that they’re taking forever to ship, but I wouldn’t do it for a preorder ETA. If they don’t have it yet, they haven’t done anything against the PayPal terms in not responding to you as lovely as that may be.

Do they have a Facebook page? Lots of sites respond quickest to Facebook messenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I’d say it’s fair if it was an in stock item that they’re taking forever to ship, but I wouldn’t do it for a preorder ETA. If they don’t have it yet, they haven’t done anything against the PayPal terms in not responding to you as lovely as that may be.

Do they have a Facebook page? Lots of sites respond quickest to Facebook messenger.

Thanks for this, that makes sense to me - I agree that their behavior hasn't violated paypal's service terms, I'm just not terribly impressed with how I seem to be treated. (I have to say "seem" because I don't know why they're not responding, and there could be a reasonable explanation of course.) I'll look into whether they've a facebook page to inquire through.