Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

He did things some would consider bad and he did things some would consider good

Truly, Stan Lee was a land of contrasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

He owned in every way. Sorry

Big fan of sexual assault, are you?

gregday
May 23, 2003

I have 2 sabers, a ANH Obi Wan made from half real vintage parts and then a mid range Luke ROTJ saber I got mostly to study the electronics build out so I can do an FX install in my Obi. I had planned to sell the Luke afterwards but the longer I keep it the more I’m considering getting a Luke ESB Graflex. Definitely wouldn’t want more sabers than that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

Wait I thought that was disproven. Was it not?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Wait I thought that was disproven. Was it not?

There's two separate reports: one by Daily Mail, which was never corroborated by anyone that he was assaulting nurses at his nursing home. Daily Mail is dubious at best.

There's another where a massage therapist filed suit against him in 2018. He died shortly afterward and I don't think anything came of it.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 2, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Oof, it’s hard to buy anything from the Mail that isn’t reported elsewhere.

I hadn’t heard about the other, I’m surprised she didn’t sue the estate if there was validity to her claim.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure why people are suprised the guy who made a career off being a cutthroat businessman sucks.

You didn’t know him, no reason to be so invested in him

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Rhyno posted:

Now I just resent it all. I'll keep a handful of things but I can't keep the bulk of it any longer.

If anyone is interested I can make an SA Mart thread I guess.

Sorry to hear it’s come to that, but I understand.

I need four figs to finish my vintage collection, so if you’re willing to ship to the UK and I can afford them I’ll be interested. They’ll be going to a good home.

I need:

Scareglow
Randor
Blast Attak
Sorceress

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pitwar posted:

Sorry to hear it’s come to that, but I understand.

I need four figs to finish my vintage collection, so if you’re willing to ship to the UK and I can afford them I’ll be interested. They’ll be going to a good home.

I need:

Scareglow
Randor
Blast Attak
Sorceress

I will let you know when i get to them. My Scareglow has repro accessories and my BA has a glued leg.

also

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

Lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If that’s where you wanted to go instead of saying the lame crap people always say about him then lead with that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m glad the corpse has your sword

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Awesome.

I guess this guy will be the villain in Black Adam. Is he cool? (spoiler just in case)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So apparently SHF figures are $10 off at Target! So I got that fully clothed SSJ Goku. I think I’m going to buy the lighting effects to turn him into SSJ2. With that, I’ll have almost every form of Goku covered

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So apparently SHF figures are $10 off at Target! So I got that fully clothed SSJ Goku. I think I’m going to buy the lighting effects to turn him into SSJ2. With that, I’ll have almost every form of Goku covered

Just got home from target and I got the same. Hit the price point where I couldn't say no.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Got a decent sized transformers (g1 I think) lot at a garage sale. I’ll post an album to see if anyone needs parts. Lot of broken stuff.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

A couple new guys arrived today.

For fun, here's a partial collection post. This is the computer room aka the front room. The rest of the display is in the TV room, but the lighting in there sucks for photos. I'll try to get some soon.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That's badass!

I don't have a lot of displays set up at the moment cause building shelves in my toy room has been low on the list of home improvement projects, but hopefully one day I can show off some proper collection pics too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
joe fisto do you have a minecraft captain america

I didn't even know they made those

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m glad the corpse has your sword
celticpredator is very well known for liking lovely things and being very defensive/dismissive of other people's opinions about it, this isn't really surprising

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

I didn't even know they made those

I do. I bought it at Emerald City ComiCon years ago. Definitely not official product.

Here's the rest, ignore the glare

timg]https://i.imgur.com/iqtyc3v.jpg[/timg]

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 3, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Amazing collection, Joe Fisto.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hail Hydra

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
For some reason until I saw Joe Fisto’s pics I never realized Wicket was bigger than Yoda.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
ngl I am really jealous of the Baroness collection. I had...thoughts about her as a young child.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Rules.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Thanks for the compliments!

New stretch goal:

https://twitter.com/toynewsinterna1/status/1543604301167214593?s=21&t=xqDgHWYDqMUOUSe1N-PM0w

Big Mean Jerk posted:

For some reason until I saw Joe Fisto’s pics I never realized Wicket was bigger than Yoda.

Yoda is teeny tiny.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 3, 2022

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Captain Invictus posted:

When I worked in plastic injection molding, we had a customer who made bootleg Minecraft toys that my boss would always have me help because I knew nerd poo poo, and would give him suggestions on what characters to make.

They’re pretty simple to make. You just snap the blank bodies together, and the rest is just the in game skin converted to a sticker. The company that owns Minecraft doesn’t care about this sort of thing as long as you’re not making Minecraft Steve or whatever.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, he comes with a gun AND an action shovel!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh poo poo, he comes with a gun AND an action shovel!

They got my money now. Can't pass up on an action shovel. They are also doing a poll for the color way on the figs and I really hope the purple wins. I love purple toys.

Ya know, after wave 1 the Joe team got a whole lot better at updating the classic looks for the Classified line. That said, I think they went a little too far on the Timber redesign.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joe Fisto posted:

They got my money now. Can't pass up on an action shovel. They are also doing a poll for the color way on the figs and I really hope the purple wins. I love purple toys.

Ya know, after wave 1 the Joe team got a whole lot better at updating the classic looks for the Classified line. That said, I think they went a little too far on the Timber redesign.

Well the first couple of waves were the designs from the awful game that came and went without a noise. That is why it had all the dumb SciFi and Overwatch looking stuff. According to stuff I heard there was a battle over going more in that direction or doing more classic designs/updates. It seems that the latter won out. Supposedly they are going to do classic updates of some of the early figures (Duke, Cobra Commander and Scarlett were the three I heard) in the next year or so. They tried to do a half assed attempt with the retro Destro, Baroness, etc but I guess the reception wasn’t great. Those are lower priority though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Djarum posted:

Well the first couple of waves were the designs from the awful game that came and went without a noise. That is why it had all the dumb SciFi and Overwatch looking stuff. According to stuff I heard there was a battle over going more in that direction or doing more classic designs/updates. It seems that the latter won out. Supposedly they are going to do classic updates of some of the early figures (Duke, Cobra Commander and Scarlett were the three I heard) in the next year or so. They tried to do a half assed attempt with the retro Destro, Baroness, etc but I guess the reception wasn’t great. Those are lower priority though.

Glad to hear there might be a new Duke. Really don’t like the original one. Maybe they can do the silver armor CC, I always liked him as a kid. I am looking forward to the retro Gung Ho with the blue outfit and better tattoo.

I’ve never heard of that game. That’s weird.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

ngl I am really jealous of the Baroness collection. I had...thoughts about her as a young child.

I’ll admit she’d be a strong motivator to get me to join Cobra.

Also Joe Fisto I spotted those She-Hulk statues, I see you are a man of culture and taste.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I’ll admit she’d be a strong motivator to get me to join Cobra.

Also Joe Fisto I spotted those She-Hulk statues, I see you are a man of culture and taste.

Oh I’m jealous of that She Hulk collection! That’s fantastic. I’ve got a little She-Hulk on my shoulder, she’s one of my all time favorites.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Rhyno posted:

Now I just resent it all. I'll keep a handful of things but I can't keep the bulk of it any longer.

If anyone is interested I can make an SA Mart thread I guess.

Sent you a DM, buddy. I'm happy to see you here, even if it's just a little bit.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

Oh I’m jealous of that She Hulk collection! That’s fantastic. I’ve got a little She-Hulk on my shoulder, she’s one of my all time favorites.

Wait which She-Hulk are you referring to?

Edit—
Since we’re doing collection pics:

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 3, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Wait which She-Hulk are you referring

It’s art based off the FF book drawn by Mike Allred. Alt cover of FF #5 specifically. All the art on my left arm is based on Allred. He approved.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ohhh, I didn’t know you meant a tattoo haha.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joe Fisto posted:

Glad to hear there might be a new Duke. Really don’t like the original one. Maybe they can do the silver armor CC, I always liked him as a kid. I am looking forward to the retro Gung Ho with the blue outfit and better tattoo.

I’ve never heard of that game. That’s weird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe:_Operation_Blackout

It is like part Battlefield and part Overwatch from what I have gathered. I think it was discounted for less than 5 bucks weeks after it was released. It was made by a developer and publishers without a great track record. I believe it was intended to be F2P originally and got turned into a standalone product. At one point there was to be a new TV series with the designs as well which died on the vine, which only the first Classified figures and the game remained of it all.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I am LOVING the character-specific collections! Cap, Baroness, Black Cat, She-Hulk! As a Daredevil, Blue Beetle, and Booster Gold collector, please keep those coming!

Djarum posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe:_Operation_Blackout
It is like part Battlefield and part Overwatch from what I have gathered. I think it was discounted for less than 5 bucks weeks after it was released. It was made by a developer and publishers without a great track record. I believe it was intended to be F2P originally and got turned into a standalone product. At one point there was to be a new TV series with the designs as well which died on the vine, which only the first Classified figures and the game remained of it all.

My only disappointment is that the only Joe that was a major playable character in the video game that hasn't been made in Classified is one of my favorite Joes, Sci-Fi. He was never an important character in the original comic or the cartoon, but he was the first G.I. Joe figure I ever picked out for myself as a kid in 1986, and I've always been a fan. He looks like a lime-green Robocop, he took Sgt. Slaughter to a comic book convention in his only featured appearance in the cartoon, and he was one of the only Jewish Joes (Seymour Fine!), so I identified with him the most as a comic-reading Jewboy.

Every time we get a new Classified announcement, I keep hoping for Sci-Fi (and Chuckles, and Lifeline). At this point, it's almost a running gag that they'll never get around to those three guys.

Joe Fisto posted:

It’s art based off the FF book drawn by Mike Allred. Alt cover of FF #5 specifically. All the art on my left arm is based on Allred. He approved.

Would you mind posting photos of your arm? I'm a huge Allred fan.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I always like Chuckles because he was from Arkansas