Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

extreme swagger levels with this pose 10/10

Thanks!

I did wind up changing his pose. This figure is so fun to play around with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/PixelDan/status/1393601592168009729?s=20

https://twitter.com/PixelDan/status/1393601911681699843?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 15, 2021

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was in a similar situation earlier this year where I was wondering wtf was going on with a pre order and could NOT get in touch with the company. Emailed a few times, was getting ready to just cancel the order out completely. Ended up messaging them on facebook and they got back with me in a day about it. Wasn't even a karen style message, just a "Hey, when is this guy gonna be in stock? He's my favorite design and I'm looking forward to being able to own him" kind.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I was in a similar situation earlier this year where I was wondering wtf was going on with a pre order and could NOT get in touch with the company. Emailed a few times, was getting ready to just cancel the order out completely. Ended up messaging them on facebook and they got back with me in a day about it. Wasn't even a karen style message, just a "Hey, when is this guy gonna be in stock? He's my favorite design and I'm looking forward to being able to own him" kind.

So thanks to Aphrodite's suggestion I did what you had done, and contacted A3U via messenger. Within the hour I got an apologetic message giving me what I expected to hear - short version was "we're backed up with support requests and our supplier is slow due to demand" - and that was 100% A-OK for me. Like you, I wasn't demanding or entitled, and it looks like politeness paid off, and now I just have to resume being patient lol.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

All of this makes me very happy. I haven't watched it yet but did they announce anything new? All of that stuff has been up for preorser for months.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My planned mando pose is gonna be a bitch to work out how to do, but I'm hoping for the weird half squat/lean he does when he quickdraws.

I know it's possible, but within my skill set, debatable.

Like this?

And yeah you can get some real fun poses out of him. Nothing feels fragile or anything.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I put together my first Detolf in over a decade and it sucked in the exact same ways that I suddenly recalled it having sucked last time. Mostly in just getting the side glass pieces right in the channels and not grabbing the door glass instead. I have a second one to do that I hope goes smoother after the refresher.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shiroc posted:

I put together my first Detolf in over a decade and it sucked in the exact same ways that I suddenly recalled it having sucked last time. Mostly in just getting the side glass pieces right in the channels and not grabbing the door glass instead. I have a second one to do that I hope goes smoother after the refresher.

It goes quicker and quicker the more you do it.

I've been focused on Classics for a few months now and I'd almost forgotten that I had a few pieces of vintage MOTU I needed to have a "complete" collection. Picked up a few accessories tonight and when Barbarossa Customs reactivates next week I'll order up repros of the remaining pieces. That'll just leave two Meteorbs and half of the Cliff Climber set and I can truly call that collection complete.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1393719177383403522?s=20
https://twitter.com/PlanetEternia/status/1393962974944112640?s=20

translated posted:

Here we are obviously seeing the cross-sell motifs for the fall now from #Mattel officially announced #MotUOrigins#HeMan - and #Skeletor - New editions with vintage heads, see also our news from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1393974645146128387?s=20
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1393974551277621256?s=20
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1393974049471139840?s=20
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1393970132104491012?s=20
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1393970678857142274?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 16, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/beanytuesday/status/1394031873773514755?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They're doing pretty cool legos nowadays

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
That's rad! I wish I had anywhere to put it!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There isn't a spider buggy or a JJJ leaning out a window to yell at Spidey. Hard pass. (Plus I don't collect Lego, but yea that's pretty cool)

Gonna grab the grapple gun, homie, star, and macready. drat there's some cool stuff coming out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There isn't a spider buggy or a JJJ leaning out a window to yell at Spidey. Hard pass. (Plus I don't collect Lego, but yea that's pretty cool)

Gonna grab the grapple gun, homie, star, and macready. drat there's some cool stuff coming out.

It actually does come with the Spider Buggy and JJJ.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There isn't a spider buggy or a JJJ leaning out a window to yell at Spidey. Hard pass.

Yeah about that....

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Check out the painting in the second box on the right there too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's not leaning out a window :colbert:

that's badass, whoever is in charge of this kinda stuff at Lego is a big fan.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That's cool and all but the only thing I really want is the Daredevil mini... I hope that will be sold separately somewhere.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Hasbro Pulse has the Hellfire Club set back in stock right now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is that an Avatar of Khaine?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It's Surtur

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For the last few months I've been using acrylic blanks and blue tac as my figure stands but a lot of my Clasics resist the stickiness of the tac so I just ordered a bunch of acrylic dowel rods to see if I can make my own figure stands with pegs.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Superglue them to the glass

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot glue solves everything.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rhyno posted:

For the last few months I've been using acrylic blanks and blue tac as my figure stands but a lot of my Clasics resist the stickiness of the tac so I just ordered a bunch of acrylic dowel rods to see if I can make my own figure stands with pegs.

This week I have discovered that Nano Tape (Alien Tape) works INCREDIBLY WELL for figures and has no adhesives that can stick to the figures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ooooh, neat! The only problem there is a lot of the figures don't have flat bottomed feet.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Ooooh, neat! The only problem there is a lot of the figures don't have flat bottomed feet.

I mean you can cut the tape to size and just stick it onto the areas that the figure touches the surface to see how well it works. The stuff really sticks well.

edit: the pink guy with the blue shirt has 4 small rectangular spots that it stands on

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I might give it a try.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

"LET'S GO, BUB!"

Somehow, suddenly in a way I'm not quite sure of, I've been bitten by the X-Men bug hard and now I've got these two fellas proving impossible not to keep fiddling with. Even though I've always been tan Wolvie 4 life, I just love the colours on both these guys, they pop so wonderfully. Hopefully one day they'll do a punk Storm (best Storm!) to go with them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Sentinel Red posted:

"LET'S GO, BUB!"

Somehow, suddenly in a way I'm not quite sure of, I've been bitten by the X-Men bug hard and now I've got these two fellas proving impossible not to keep fiddling with. Even though I've always been tan Wolvie 4 life, I just love the colours on both these guys, they pop so wonderfully. Hopefully one day they'll do a punk Storm (best Storm!) to go with them.

ML Already did one and she rocks.

With the revitalization of ME from the LE, think we may get a real line of 6" Mass Effect figures down the line? I figure Todd would be down to have a run at it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should. The originals had surprisingly good sculpts for the era (except for Miranda) but are just out of date.

They had the license for Andromeda so they may still have it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Weirdest drat thing happened today. I went into a Target and there was a GI Joe Cobra Island figure on the peg. I thought I was being pranked for a minute, but it’s a genuine Major Bludd.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Don’t tell Fuzz

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh god.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tomorrow is going to either be good or be fuckin stupid. I’m nervous to which.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What’s tomorrow?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bludd is released

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

There will be Bludd.

Adbot