Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

How'd you guys miss this?

Oh... oh god. That's better than I could have hoped for. I'll definitely be picking it up.

I'm just starting to get into Mighty Muggs. Iron Man and Snake Eyes were my first. They are definitely a drug in toy form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Jet Ready Go posted:

drat YOU HASSBROOOOOO!!!

This is the only reason I see for picking up any of this line. I want a Cyclops, Nick Fury, WWII Captain America, Hood, and Modern Armor Thor to lead my GI Joe collection.

Speaking of by the way... it really wouldn't hurt hasbro to throw in little GI Joe stand things with these figures. I picked up the Iron Man one to check the line out, and he's cool for his size, but his pose-ability is pretty limited due to a week knee joint and several poses resulting in him toppling over.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
I saw the Wolverine line Deadpool in stores like a week ago. A lot of stores by me don't have the figures at all yet, but based one what I've seen he's short-packed. The case assortment must be something like 1 random other character for every 20-something Wolverine variants.

I didn't pick him up because the one that I saw had a lot of fugly paint smudges and I'm not good at correcting that poo poo on my own. He looks kinda cool though. I do have to wonder if whoever designed the toy ever actually saw a sai in person before. The one that comes with him is like 1/3 of his body size.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
So... I went back to first TRU I saw the Marvel Universe figures at, and... they're complete gone, so is the space that was cleared out for them, and it's been replaced by pegs of Iron Man movie toys.

... the gently caress?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Stage of History posted:

I'll never reveal my secret :hehe:

Seriously can a GI Joe fan help me out? What are the copyright dates on the bottom of the new MOBAT and HISS Tank?

HISS Tank is 2004, can't help you on the MOBAT though.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Djarum posted:

The Transformer Crossover toys in general are just disturbing to me. I got one of the Star Wars ones and I just can't figure out why they made them. It is neither a good Transformer nor a Star Wars toy.

The Marvel ones at least look decent in robot mode and are far sturdier.

Cap and Thor are the only ones I'm interested in, though I haven't seen them much of anywhere. I got Cap, but I thought Thor was an A-10 Warthog, not an Osprey? Also they made Carnage only because he was an obvious and easy repaint of Venom.

I liked Cap, even though he's nowhere near approaching the quality of any of the standard Transformer figures currently out. Also (and partly because of that) the price is kinda disturbing.

The instructions were also worth dog poo poo for telling you how to transform it properly.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

ManiacClown posted:

You know, it's entirely possible I misidentified the aircraft. He might be a Warthog, but aren't they a bit wider?

Crossover Thor: http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2008_SDCC%2FTransformers%2F&pic=159.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

A-10: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A-10_Thunderbolt_II_In-flight-2.jpg

Osprey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aircraft.osprey.678pix.jpg

He's definitely an A-10, an extremely poorly camoflouged one, but an A-10.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Jet Ready Go posted:

Who needs camouflage when you're the God of Thunder Robots?

True, I just find it funny that while some of the paint jobs actually make sense with the vehicle modes, Human Torch, Cap, and Thor were all pretty blatantly made to make the robots look spot on and to hell with the vehicle mode looking at all consistent. Johnny at least has a consistent vehicle mode paint job but then you realize his vehicle mode is a jet that's on fire.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
So, having bought some more Marvel Universe figures...

Deadpool is actually really good so long as you ditch the sai... he's probably my second favorite so far.

Green Goblin is by far my favorite, the level of detail on him is incredible, he's actually comparable to his larger Marvel Universe Counterpart... I just wish his glider had a display stand or something.

Gambit too is also pretty cool. He's got some issues in that he lacks a lot of articulation compared to the others(He's just got the basic old fashioned G.I.Joe articulation pretty much) but he's still a solid figure. The cards have this weird thing so he can hold them but honestly it doesn't look that bad.

Spider-man and Iron Man both kinda suck. Maybe it's just mine but both of their joints are pretty loose and wobbly. Spider-man has way too much black-wash, and very weird proportions. His thighs are super-meaty and overly big and his ankles look weird. This is probably just limitations on how thin you can make a figure.

Also the weird energy blast/webbing things they come with are stupid and don't stay on right.

As a whole, I actually kinda like the line, and would consider collecting it if not for the price. I guess I'll continue to pick a few up here and there of the figures I really want. I wish there were more incentive to get them though given the high price. Having BAF's included would be awesome, for instance.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Louisgod posted:

"Okay, let's save money on plastic by shrinking our line down to 4" but let's give our characters massive weapons to make up for it!"

What makes it even more retarded is that it's Hasbro, who has been making ninja figures via G.I. Joe since 1984. You'd think there'd be somebody who works there who would go "uhhhh... seriously guys? seriously?" or here's a thought- just give the guys with weapons G.I. Joe weapons. They're in the same drat scale anyway.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
I'm not sure whether to ask this here or in the Gurren Lagann thread over at ADTRW, but I was wondering if Revoltech's released the Gurren Wing accessory with any of their Gurren Lagann figures? I really want to get a Revoltech Gurren Lagann but not if they're going to release it again with Gurren Wing later.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

JohnThermos posted:

Gurren Lagann comes with the backpack, Enki comes with the two wings and Lazengann comes with the tailfin-looking piece. All three are getting kind of hard to find nowadays.

Wait really? Which version of Gurren Lagann? Every picture I've seen of either shows him just coming with the Spiral core/drill arm, some extra hands and the boomerang shades.

Edit: Also, is it Enki or the Enkidu which comes with the wings?

LightsGameraAction fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 22, 2009

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

vkeios posted:

The not drillized Gurren Lagann has the backpack. And despite there being three revoltechs of Viral's ride, only the Enki has the wings. At least its not as hard to find as the Enkidudu.

Cool, Enki doesn't seem like he's that hard to find either. I noticed a lot of places actually have him up s a pre-order though... is he getting a re-release? That'd be much easier on my wallet than tracking the original down.

And actually, I could use a good English news site for Revoltech figures, I just got into the line and considering how hard it is to find some of the figures I'd like to keep updated on what's coming down the pipe... anyone know a good site for Revoltech news?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Yeah, you'd think if there was a fate to be announced other than "haitus" they'd have an exclusive like they always have. Have the MU figures really been selling that well to warrant possibly abandoning ML figures? The last ML wave still hasn't hit America yet.

According to the only semi-big comic store near me that carries the Marvel Universe line, they can't keep them on the pegs. And this place puts a 10-20% mark-up on everything but comics so we're talking 11.99 for a 4" figure and people are still buying the poo poo out of it.

Apart from the fact that they're GI Joe scale and so you can do some amusing poo poo with that, I don't see what the appeal is really. I ran into a guy at TRU today buying 10 of them at once. I don't get it.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fingers McLongDong posted:

^^^I don't get it either. I wonder if they're just selling because there's no other new Marvel figures of any other type being produced. Honestly, despite first impressions, some of them really aren't that bad, I just don't get people paying the same price they paid for ML figures.

I think it just comes down to the fact that I'm annoyed that my entire collection of dozens and dozens of Marvel figures is in a 6" line and I'd feel dumb starting over with slightly overpriced 4" figures.

They're moderately appealing in that they've got a pretty decent variety of marvel characters out already, especially if you count the Wolverine Origins figures as part of the line(Even though they've got about 96 different varieties of Wolverine already, and four iron men), and the chase figures aren't all that difficult to find. The price is still retarded though, like you said you're basically paying about the same for a 6" figure, while Hasbro's other 4" line(GI Joe) is a better value for a single figure because they aren't as expensive, have more pose-ability, and come with a bunch of accessories.

I mean, I've said it before, but re-introducing the BAF concept in this size line would be cool and in my mind justify the price they're charging.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Djarum posted:

Doubtful, I got a feeling it is Wal-Mart. They loving LOVE 2 packs.

I loving hope not, as if I didn't despise shopping there enough already, in the 5+ years they have existed, the 3 closest to me(the farthest being a little over a half hour drive) have only carried 1 or 2 of the store exclusives that have been put out. The only exclusive anything I can remember any of them getting is the one closest to me got a single case of the Ares wave in... that was it.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

And Wave 11 was basically confirmed
Cyborg Superman (red lantern)

That's his Sinestro Corps uniform. Even though it's black and red he's not a Red lantern. You got me all excited for a second though.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Djarum posted:

I was talking to a buyer for a major store chain a couple of weeks ago and just happened to mention my Hasbro hate in passing. He proceeded to tell me about how Hasbro is pushing the Marvel Universe stuff by threatening to withhold higher selling stuff like Transformers and GI Joe movie stuff. Then he started bitching about how they had to order all of the MU stuff and it is not moving but they can't clearance it because they have so much inventory that they would take a pretty heavy loss.

Also in the conversation the guy said that Hasbro mandated that all Marvel Legends merchandise had to be cleared out before the Marvel Universe figures could be put on shelves.
Amusingly enough when the first wave came out my local comic shop was saying how they couldn't keep Marvel Universe figures on the shelves with how many people were scooping them up. I wonder how much that's changed since.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Djarum posted:

I dunno. The guy I talked to is a friend of my significant other's father. From what he was saying the company he works for took a beating over the Indiana Jones and Marvel 4 inch stuff. I don't feel like the guy has any reason to lie to me about it. I know the MU stuff here locally sat around for quite awhile where any 6 inch stuff period is gone almost instantly. My Target in fact has only 1 peg for MU and they haven't moved at all in 2 months or so.
I'm not saying you're lying, I notice them clogging the shelves now too. I really think it has potential to be a good line if they'd stop half-assing it. Throw in more accessories, some larger figures or BAFs, vehicles, put the troop builders in figure sets rather than trying to sell them individually for the same price as everything else.

It's just so odd to me that the same company that makes G.I.Joe, which is similar styled figures of the same size, can totally gently caress up this line as much as they have.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Travis343 posted:

:tipshat:

Hasbro's toys are crappy, been crappy from the beginning. They're starting to get better but it doesn't matter, at this point they've shot themselves in the foot. Now they're basically shutting out the 6 inch line because nobody bought their awful toys for the past five waves.

The funny thing is their figures looked less impressive and had less detail, but the Hasbro legends had one thing over the older ones: They were actually built solid. I've never had a problem with posing the few Hasbro ML's I have basically anyway I wanted. The older ML figures I always had the complaint of what's the point giving a figure 20+ points of articulation if half of the joints are flimsier than a sheet of paper and can't support the weight of the figure.

I seriously think Hasbro did the figures better, they just looked less good.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Jet Ready Go posted:

I agree here.

The thing that bugs me the most though?

The Japanese collector toys.. you know.. like Revoltech and other toys with $20-$30 price points are made so flawlessly and wonderful. All the joints react the way you want them to, rarely stick, they can support their own weight, flawless paint jobs.

I don't understand why and how Hasbro expected to sell a $14.99 Legends figure that had a crappy paint job when for $5 you could get a flawless fully posable rendition of Optimus Prime from Revoltech.

Like what the gently caress. Even that $20 Marvel Select line has weird sculpts and bizarre poses (read: Cloak and Dagger, Extremis Iron Man).. I don't get what the Japanese seem to know about toy production compared to its American counterparts.

Action figures are a much bigger deal in Japan than they are in America. Really I think the action figure market in America has been on a pretty big decline since the 80's and has only recently shown signs of turning around.

Aside from that though, Japan is not beholden to a lot of the safety standards US toy companies are, and as such they can fully embrace and pander to collectors a lot more, thus more expensive toys with sharp pieces and whatever have you.

Comparing the markets are like comparing apples and oranges. I don't think Revoltech's would work for an American crowd because as awesome as the style is it would probably break really easily if a reckless little kid was playing with it, then the broken piece would choke them and their parents would sue, so nobody's even going to risk that poo poo.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Djarum posted:

You should take some acetone on the Nemisis to make it clear. I have seen it done a bunch already and it makes it look a million times better.

Are there pics anywhere? Because I was kinda excited for Nemesis but that opaque finish looks terrible.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Djarum posted:

Tech Romancer

This game. Hooooooooooooly poo poo I had forgotten about it. I loved the poo poo out of this game.

Anyway the clear nemesis looks a hell of a lot better.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Jet Ready Go posted:

I agree with most of that. It DOES seem like Hasbro went in with absolutely no idea what they were doing and decided raising costs and making a lovely product where the way to go.

However I think the mindset stems from the execs not understanding the toy market. It sounds silly I know, but I feel like they're still stuck in the early 90's late 80's mindset of toys.. whereas most other toy companies and moved past that and beyond.

I think if all the Hasbro execs went to Japan and saw the amount of possibilities and craftsmanship that goes into the Japanese Toy Market they may realize they should change courses rather continuing to create products that look like chinese knock offs.

Hasbro's opinion on a collector's market (and the opinion of many US toy companies for that matter) is that it's already built in and therefore redundant. Collectors will buy anything they put out either simply to collect or for a nostalgic value. Therefore they see devoting an entire line to collectors as largely being a waste of resources.

Why focus on people who are already buying your product and have been for decades when you can hook new people while they're young who will be buying for decades more?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
I always hated the wind-up punch poo poo and missile launchers, but I love love LOVE the Bruce-to-Batman toys and stuff like that. Those things are awesome.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Maybe this is old news but I saw the TRU exclusive Marvel U 3-pack of Yellow Daredevil, Stealth 70's Iron Man and Silver Surfer and all 3 without a doubt have the most gently caress-ugly paint jobs I've ever seen. I mean holy poo poo, the line's been pretty bad but these figures were loving atrocious.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

It must be pretty hard to screw up the silver surfer's paint job. What is he, gold?

Try pigeon-poo poo white: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kranix/3849600791/

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Holy poo poo, $30 for that thing? I saw it at TRU and didn't want it so I didn't even notice the price, but that's $6 than 3 MU figures!

I remember talking to a Hasbro rep at comic-con. He was talking about how they were doing these for the fans and I brought up the price. He talked about how everyone loves the price point and poo poo like that. I brought up that the figures are geared more towards kids and that kids can't afford $8 per figure and the guy came back with "well, they're not the ones buying them, their parents are." After hearing that, I had to leave in disgust. I remember as a kid buying marvel figures with my allowance and to hear Hasbro basically tell me that the same figure I bought as a kid, i'd now have to ask my parents to buy for me because it cost too much was inconceivable in my head.

As a kid, I'd have to say roughly 3/4 of the toys I owned were bought for me by my parents, and I'm willing to bet that goes for most people before they reached the age they could get a job somewhere. Hasbro can't be basing their pricing on what kids can afford and since they're not the majority of the people buying the figures they don't have to.

Don't get me wrong, it is still bullshit, and it's hardly the same figure. You're paying about 3 bucks more for a figure that's made of about 1/3 the plastic of a figure that was around when you were a kid.

Hasbro talks left and right about how much people love the price point but I call total bullshit. Why would you spend 8 bucks on a GI Joe sized figure with a crappy paint job and no accessories when you can spend 6 and change and get an actual GI Joe figure with an awesome paint job and a bunch of accessories, or for a buck or two more pick up a much better looking and much bigger DCUC figure or a Transformer that's about 3 times the size of the MU figure that also turns into a car and has weapons?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

DCUC wave 12 has been leaked, and it sucks

Spectre
Dr. Midnite
Mary Marvel
Eclipso
Desaad
Copperhead
Iron
cnc Darkseid

This might be the first wave that I skip entirely. None of those characters are worth $15. That also means that this wave will probably be overstocked.

That really kinda sucks. I'm glad they're not going the marvel legends route of a Wolverine in every wave, but there's no real big name in that wave, except for the CNC.

Is there any word on which costumes the characters will have? I'm guessing Mary's chase will be her from Final Crisis, as disturbing as that is.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

JohnThermos posted:

Good news, everyone!

Definitely excited for BB, Superboy and Negative Man(Hello Doom Patrol!).

I wonder if it's Superboy Prime, current Superboy, or greasy-hair leather jacket first appearance Superboy.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The word is there's another wave of GI Joe set to come out once the movie poo poo dies down, another wave of tf once that movie hype dies down and 3 Marvel waves waiting in the wings.

Word over at TFW is the next TF wave is Shockwave, Jazz, and Movie Optimus and Bumblebee.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Speaking of Retaliation figures, I wanna break something down and throw this out to you guys:

I was in a local Toys R Us that had just put out what I'm sure is mostly the full first wave of the line.

Single Pack 3.75" figures: $11.49

Ninja Cycle/Firefly's motorcyle: $12.99, so a loving missile launching motorcycle is apparently only $1.50.

Ninja Buggy/Cobra boat thing(the original series' molds repainted): $15.99. For a mere $4.50 more than a single figure, you get not only a single figure, but an entire loving vehicle too.

How the gently caress is this a good marketing idea?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

sba posted:

Single Pack 3.75" figures: $11.49
--- Yeah...good luck

Ninja Cycle/Firefly's motorcyle: $12.99, so a loving missile launching motorcycle is apparently only $1.50.

Ninja Buggy/Cobra boat thing(the original series' molds repainted): $15.99. For a mere $4.50 more than a single figure, you get not only a single figure, but an entire loving vehicle too.
----- The figures that come with the vehicles are non-articulated, so they're pretty much throwaways, the whole line is meant to get kids into GI Joe based on the movie.

So you can see, the future of GI Joe as a toyline is pretty grim right now.

Yea, so far I picked up the generic GI Joe-grunt-unit guy that comes with a zillion weapons ($9 at walmart, because I'm a sucker for figures with lots of accessories), and the Cobra boat(Originally called Water Moccasin, thanks google!) because I like the mold and never owned a previous version.

I was pretty pissed with the articulation of the moccasin driver, and although I dig grunt figures with lots of weapons, both he and the driver seem to be made of a much, much shittier plastic than previous Joe figures, on top of which the backpack for the joe figure had a too-long tab that means it's sticking out of his back way too far, and the single 3.75" apparently don't come with stands now? That sucks, since this guy sure as hell can't stand up with his backpack on.

Unless something really loving wows me I think I might check out after I find one of the new HISS tanks, if I even manage to before they try to save face and pull the toys off shelves.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
So here's my latest update on the "Retaliation toys are bullshit" front: Picked up the new HISS tank at a Target the other day. The tank itself is really, really badass, so no points off there. The driver figure is Cobra Commander, and as previously stated has only 5 points of articulation. So I get the figure out of the box, and lo and behold, one of his arms is only halfway-pegged into the socket, and sticking out about a cm or two more than it should. Way to go, Hasbro QC.

I've tried just pushing really hard to pop it in and that doesn't work. Anyone have any tips? I'm worried I'm starting to stress it too much, since it's too far in to pull out, too.

Also, on a lighter note, in the figure 3 packs that just came out ($20 for 3-3.75" figs, which is a pretty good deal) there is a much, much better likeness of Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock, and he comes with a pretty cool looking Beachhead, Kamakura, and a bunch of accessories for all 3.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Have there been any pictures of the sticker sheet for the SDCC HISSwave tank? I was really interested in the Starscream/CC from last year, until I realized 99% of the details and apps on the jet were stickers. I think HISSwave looks awesome, but I hate stickers and don't want to be applying them for eternity to make it look as good as it does in stock photos.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
So this week Toys R Us has a sale on all GI Joe single pack figures - $7 each. Not great, but I went to my local one looking to pick up the new movie Zartan which I've been thinking of getting lately. I get to the GI Joe section and much to my surprise instead of the movie 3.75" figures, I found(and bought the gently caress out of) the following:

- Renegades Airtight
- Renegades Law & Order
- Lifeline
- Sci-Fi
- Steel Brigade
- 2 Zombie Vipers

:dukedog:

So I dunno what's going on, if this was an anomaly or not, but check out your local TRU and see what they have in stock, because a week ago the shelves at this place were clogged with movie poo poo.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Went into a Walgreens on the way to my friends house yesterday because I needed to buy a new toothbrush. Passed through the toy aisle for the hell of it. They happened to have a GI Joe POC Alley Viper, and be selling him for $9.99 instead of $12.99 like GI Joe's tend to go for at the other Walgreens I've been to.

I still think $10 is a lot for a single Joe figure, but given that I haven't found an Alley Viper online for less than $15, I'm pretty happy.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, another weird thing about Japan is that for toys aimed at kids, they don't often do bad guys - Sentai toys are usually just the robots or rangers themselves, and no bad guys for them to fight. Transformers is kind of the exception to the rule, but Transformers was a joint American\Japanese thing, so I'm not sure if that one even counts, and they would have all just been personality-less Diaclone mechs if it wasn't for us.

I wonder how Japanese kids play with their toys, in that case. As a kid, I always wanted my dudes to have a bad guy to fight. Now I don't care, as I generally use them for display and posing. And DX Sentai mechs, while fun, don't have much articulation...

I always wanted bad guy figs too, but supposedly in Japan, figures of the villains sell terribly, which is why Car Robots/RiD used so many repaints for the Decepticon figures, and why the current trend in Transformers media is for Decepticons to be a small handful of personalities commanding a palate-swappable clone army.

As for cheap Japanese toys I always got the impression that the soft vinyl/capsule toys were supposed to fulfill that market, but much like pretty much everything else it went the way of becoming an expensive collector's market.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

LabRat1 posted:

The figures are initially kind of expensive but they do go down in price after coming out. Both Godzilla and Mechagodzilla are going for $60 on amazon, Spacegodzilla is $70, and you can preorder King Ghidorah at some online stores for around $100. I have passed on some of the figures that I didn't really care about (Moguera and Little Godzilla), though with Burning Godzilla and Godzilla Jr. coming out my wallet will be taking a hit. I really hope they go back and do some of the older characters; I would love a Monsterarts Titanosaurus, Showa Mechagodzilla, and Angilas.

I've been staying away from the line because of how expensive it is, but like you because of Burning Godzilla and King Ghidorah I feel myself getting sucked in.

I fear for the day they make a Biollante, they will have all my money. All of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Hey guys I was just thinking about these things the other day and I was wondering if somebody could help me identify them because I have nothing to go on:

Back in the 80's when I was a little kid I was at my Aunt and Uncle's for Thanksgiving and my cousin showed me this thing - it was a little monster figure, not at all poseable, but fairly well detailed and painted for what it was. Think Monster in my Pocket but fully painted and a few inches taller, and made of hard plastic.

Anyway, he told me it was from this toyline where you bought a black bag, and you would dump the bag in water and it would expand, then when you cut it open all this sludge came out and a random monster was inside. You had no way of knowing what you were going to get beforehand.

I literally can't remember anything else about the toyline, but I've been trying to find a name or anything to go with it for years, and finding nothing and giving up until the next time it popped into my head.

Any ideas guys?