Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Managed to get Beachhead and Roadblock, so pretty successful weekend I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I'm probably not going to find out since I'm stay in the box for these. The boxes are cool as poo poo.

The ones I really want are Firefly, range viper, and Wild bill. A crimson guardsman is also an instant buy.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Louisgod posted:

I went to Target earlier to get some groceries and saw Duke, Roadblock, red hair lady, Snake Eyes and Destro. Are these the figures people are looking for?

No. Target has 4 exclusive figures that are all sold out.

Also the paint on the classified series is actually pretty good and the faces look p good too.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Si when is Supreme Snake cobra commander supposed to be available on Hasbro pulse. I read that it was supposed to be September but there has been no new news on it.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, I'm to the point where I'm seriously debating trading away my Snake Eyes DX just to get a Baroness with cycle, but I'm aggressively talking myself down because that's a TERRIBLE idea and that Snake Eyes is like the jewel in my entire collection and I love him so much. :smithicide:

Baroness will come into stock eventually DX snake eyes will not.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Come visit Minnesota, the land of Target.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Well i bit the bullet and just got storm shadow on ebay. No too bad only about 20 over retail when considering i dont have Amazon free shipping.

Also what kind of witchcraft is that batman cape?!

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Its called a super treasure hunt for a reason.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Found Destro today so I got all the wave 1 figures now, so yeah! :yeah:

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Success!

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Apparently they got of case of 4 last Friday but a guy came in at 7am and brought the case before the stock clerk even unpacked it.

This one came in alone in the restock box. Popfindr really works it seems.

Good luck fellow gi goons.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Is it made out of actual gold??? Also lol get a 850 dollar figure then use the 4 dollar shipping.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Holy poo poo, why would someone pay this much!

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Nanigans posted:

It being sold and the person actually paying it are two different things. Someone might have made an offer like that out of spite and there’s really no repercussion for not paying. The seller scalper gets screwed while they wait two weeks or 30 days or whatever for a payment that never comes, and anyone who legit wanted to buy it can’t either.

Its probably a money laundering thing tbh.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Not proud of it, but I just sent my dad on a Target run because popfindr says Target up the street from my parents’ house has two Baroness. :negative:

Well did he find one?

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Artificial scarcity is a hell of a drug.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I don't know, I must have the greatest target then because Ive gotten all of wave 1 and cobra island except the cobra trooper (has yet to show up) and snake eyes (which i bought from Hasbro pulse) from the traget near my house.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Ill let you know if i come across another.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Found one at my local Target, thank you all the same though!

Congratulations.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Keltar posted:

If one is looking for the amazon Storm Shadow take a look at amazon.ca, he's been constantly in stock. They almost certainly ship to the States and the only real problem is it might be a bit slow mail wise.

I tried this a couple weeks ago and they won't ship to the US.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Anyone have any luck with troopers? I'm debating eBay, but man it's going for over 2x the price already, it's loving insane how badly Target has hosed this up. :smithicide:

Hes coming in drips and dribbles, just be patient. Rumor has it a big restock is coming this week or next.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Fuzz posted:

I got my Storm Shadow, box was in okay shape despite bubble mailer. My Gung Ho was not so lucky, but the figure looks fine.

I now have every figure released so far other than Baroness and the Trooper. Really hope Pulse isn't a poo poo show on the 24th and I can get in my orders for both the Supreme CC and the Hellfire Club set.

Search your heart. You know it will.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I don't understand why Amazon is using bubble mailers. At least Hasbro pulse puts them in a box. It may not have any packaging material but its at least a box.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Because their packing slaves are overworked and forced to box something like 20 items a minute, minimum, otherwise they're fired.

This is why I don't buy anything from Amazon or use anything owned by Bezos, including whole foods.

But also i don't think they get to pick what they use. Some higher up decided this.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

There hasn't been any joe arrives at either of my local targets this week. Im starting to think im never getting a trooper. :(

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, my Targets have two pegs set up under the Ghostbusters figures, plus space for the bike. Even when Popfindr claims they're in, they're never there. :smith:

Whenever I walk by the dozens of Ghostbuster figures in Walmart and Target, i just wonder if some executive got fired because of them. I have never seen anyone buy one.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Shiftypenguin posted:

I understand why the first wave was movie-only, but they should have done like they did with the Lightening Collection and mix in other stuff from Real, Extreme, Etc.

I'd LOVE to see RGB stuff in the Plasma Series, but I'm afraid it's not gonna happen with how badly wave one is peg warning

Extreme was my jam. I would consider getting a set of those. But I never got why they keep trying to resuscitate the original two movies. Don't get me wrong I love them, but they are very nitch 80s comedies that even when came out didn't have a lot of mainstream play. Im highly concerned that afterlife is going to miss the point again like 2016 did.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Still better than 7-9.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Ghostbusters in my opinion suffers from the same problem as robocop. A very specific set of conditions had to exist to generate a successful movie from, on its face, an absurd concept. However, when a second movie is made the formula was changed just enough to make a movie, that in comparison to the original, is not as good. Then there is a push to move the property towards children even though that wasn't the original intention of the films, which makes it suffer even more. Robocop was initially going to receive an X raring. Then the property quickly drops out of popular culture memory. It can be argued that the property can influence other media properties, but joe schmoe isn't talking about it. Until the 2016 reboot attempt there had been no major media presence (tv shows, movie) for Ghostbusters since 1997. Does anyone even remember the video game? Then greedy executives try to tap into whatever residual nostalgia that may exist but completely miss the mark. Then everyone scratches their head wondering why the franchise doesn't gain any traction.

For something to have staying power with most people there has to be a continuous media presence. Thats why for all its faults star wars sells. There are multiple avenues today to attract new audiences members. Ghostbusters doesn't have that. And again in my opinion is why its a bad choice for a wide release toy line.

It is very obvious that afterlife is going to be geared towards getting adults who remember the original movies to take thier kids. Especially with it being framed as a direct sequel to number 2. Whether or not that is successful is going to be entirely dependent upon the quality of the movie as a stand alone entity. Because its definitely not going to be the same as the original movie.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

Has the red ninja for gi joe been released yet? I'm seeing pre-order dates all over the place. Darkside has one for November I'm considering (Amazon has march/April 21,bbts is January) but not sure how likely it will arrive by then.

From what I've been seeing online is that its supposed to be November release but stores all over are getting them early and haven't gotten the memo on the release date so they just put them out. So its another cluster gently caress like the cobra island release.

Rhyno posted:

Toy stores in Indianapolis have Storm Shadow for $75. What a poo poo show.

The new classified series one? You can get him on Ebay for like 35 dollars now.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

While still no cobra trooper, I am reminded that I still have a great Target. Found all three of wave 2 this afternoon.

It also seems that the internet is correct on thw wave 2 case breakdown, there were 3 commanders, 2 gungho, and 1 red ninja on the pegs.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Storm shadow came in today. Box is uncrushed, in good condition, and happily sitting with his "friends".

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Gonna be north of $250 for me. Which sucks but ill live with it.

😯 If you don't mind me asking, how much have you spent on this escapade?

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Louisgod posted:

The plan is to bury all my dumbass plastic toys for me to come back to or for future generations to discover (this is a joke please don't @ goons.txt and shame me).

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/bunker-building-basics

:shrug:

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

https://www.actionfigure411.com/gijoe/classified-price-guide.php

Found an interesting thing that tracks figure prices on Ebay.

Poor Roadblock.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

So what are the chances that ordering the pulse con exclusives are going to be a cluster gently caress like everything else Hasbro does?

Makeing it one per person is a step in the right direction, but i still worry they will sell out in 5 minutes...

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I only want the cobra commander, but given how hosed distribution of the rest of the line has been im worried that im not going to get him. :(

Ill be double sad since he would be the only one im missing. I still have hopes that the cobra trooper will come home eventually...

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

How long is that car ride?

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Idk if you actually have other things you can do, the SO is ok with it, and have the money, I think the only thing to really worry about is the 90% chance of getting covid on the plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293735781435

What are the chances this is not a bootleg.