Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Fish Of Doom posted:

I think 3.75 inch stuff works for certain lines where vehicles are mandatory, like Star Wars. 6" scale vehicles would be enormous and expensive. A 6" full scale Millenium Falcon would be like 7" feet long. I also agree with RevKrule, they're way better if you're a kid. Smaller to hold, and where ever you're playing with them becomes that much bigger, whether it's the bathtub or backyard. The original Infinite Heroes stuff didn't do it for me since the articulation was pretty bad and its sister line, DCUC, was (no pun intended) infinitely better. It was also strange that a line that should have been marketed towards kids, had the first series be a bunch of obscure characters like Reverse Flash, Black Hand, Man Hunter Robot, etc. Kids don't know who those are, but if there had been Batman or Superman off the bat instead of several waves later, I don't think it would have tanked to bad.

But I guess a bunch of new releases have ball jointed hips and arms, which means they're willing to improve it.

I would have loved those figures when I was little. Eminem came into my local shop and cleared the store out of all those figures, even though they were ridiculously priced. Ten bucks for such a small figure? The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

mods rename me posted:

Wait, what?

Showed up with his posse and bought a couple hundred bucks in toys. Seriously.

And I know that you all love ICP. Their buddies Twiztid shop at the same store. Buys all the horror and Batman toys, mostly Mego type stuff.

Has anyone been collecting the Blackest Night figures? I'd love to see how they look on display. I've been tempted to get a few.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

mods rename me posted:

Hah what store? I'm in Central Michigan but I'm south a fair amount.

Liberty Comics, just North of 696 on Gratiot. Stop on in sometime. I haven't been to many comic stores, but from my experience, it's a good one. Even got commercials showing on cable in the Macomb area.

I don't think Eminem comes in there with any regularity. He just came in after releasing his latest album, and having a shopping spree across the street at the record store.

End plug.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

3.75? Are those regular sized GI Joes with those Iron Men? Any chance I can get a couple pics with refrence? I'm digging the War Machine and movie Iron Man figs.

Is the silver and dark red Iron Man supposed to be stealth armor? Looks pretty neat.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

liquidswordz posted:

I picked up almost every Iron Man I could get my hands on today. I wasn't too sure about the 4" line, but they're spectacular in person. The only one I passed on was the Deep Dive Armor, but at $7 each I'm pretty sure I'll go back for it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up the entire line since they're so cheap. I was so psyched for the new 6" figures, but I don't really care as much now that I've checked the little ones out. THIS is what I wanted from the main Marvel Universe line when it debuted last year. Quality figures at a low price that are easy to find in stores. What more could you want?

What store did you find these at? I'm tempted to go look for a couple tomorrow after I pick up my comics.

I can't help but feel that this thread is a childs nightmare. There was nothing I hated more when I was little, than all the neckbeards scooping up all the cool action figures.

That Batman young me wanted for Christmas? Not to be found anywhere except the local flea market.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

How much does a pack of Heroes In My Pocket go for? Might be worth getting a pack or two for shits and giggles.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That's about scale with G.I. Joes, right? I'd have loved having Aliens for my Joes to fight. Might have to pick a couple up for nostalgia sake, and pit them against whomever remains of my childhood collection of the Real American Heroes.

Question: Have they ever made a figure of Fumbles/Trouser Snake/Dr. Killshot from that episode of Robot Chicken? Like, is he an actual figure? I wouldn't expect them to actually make one with that name, but I figure he might already be a figure.

Though they are making that Eternia Dentist guy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

drat. I miss that toy. I wrote a story about it in fourth grade. I was too scared to watch the movies, but I loved the heck out of the toys.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

While you guys are waiting, wanna answer a semi-odd question? I've got a collection of zombies going and was wondering if you could point me at any I've missed. From Resident Evil I have regular zombie (with the arms and hands that come off and the pegs are modelled to look like muscle and bone when they're apart, he's my favorite), lab coat zombie, and crimson head zombie. From Dawn of the Dead I have Dr. Tongue. From Marvel Select I have Zombie Spider-Man and Zombie Colonel America. From Blackest Night I have Black Lantern Firestorm, Black Lantern Kal-L, and Black Hand. I intentionally didn't get Zombie Hulk, Black Lantern Wonder Woman, and Dawn of the Dead Hare Krishna Zombie because they didn't look that rotted (WW isn't rotted at all), and skipped Black Lantern Aquaman and Martian Manhunter because ehhhh. I may get them later, at least they're all decomposed.

So I'm looking for 6" scale zombies who are visibly, y'know, gross and zombie-looking. Any suggestions?

I always thought Black Lantern Aquaman was pretty boss. Just need to make a zombie shark to buddy around with.

I don't know for sure, but there has to be some zombies made by McFarlane Toys.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vaporware posted:

Yeah, tommy is really fun. Moreso than the nom commanders in my opinion. I couldn't put him down for the last couple days. I'm probably going to wash the hoodie with a bit of fabric softener, because it's stiff as a board right now. The jeans are fine. I'm not sure I could get them back on if I took them off. So skinny, lol.

Only other thing I've opened recently is

Nom is about as tall as that kinnukuman beside my custom emergency services bertie

What are these from? They look awesome.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

bgaesop posted:

If people want to convince me to give them a figure instead of someone else, they should donate some money to a charity or something like that.

Regardless of whether or not I get any figures, I'll make sure to donate to at least one of those charities after my birthday next Wednesday.

Wouldn't mind the Hal Jordan and Orion figures if they're available.

Thanks for doing this. Perhaps I'll do something similar one of these days when I find the box with all my old action figures.

Question! Has there ever been a Marvel Boy (Noh Varr) figure?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I understand people have to make money, but I hated when my dad would take me to a comic show, and I'd find out why I couldn't find that Batman I wanted at Toys R Us.

Same thing with comic books. Felt a little ill seeing how people were snatching up as many copies of the Spider-Man 9-11 issue that they could.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Nanigans posted:

S.H. Figuarts Bulma rules:

I'm not a toy collector, but I've always loved looking at the DB/Z/S Figuarts figures. I just got a job working cons for GalacticToys, so I may end up spending some of my pay on some.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I don't think he was being sarcastic. Those are some cool pictures.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Saw Domino and X23 at Target and GameStop.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I didn't know they made that Scarlet Spider. I've had the regular and black costume Spider-Man hanging around forever.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Found out they're making a Funko Pop of Neil Gaiman's Death, and had to order one for my friend. She's adorable.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Boy, do I regret not jumping on the Marvel Legends Series Infinity Gauntlet before the movie came out. Can't find one for under $200

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I know I'll be able to get one eventually, but I really wanted one for Motor City Comic Con next weekend. I got to try one on Free Comic Book Day, and it felt good. Real good, like I had infinite power.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Finally got my Jane Foster pop I've been wanting.

Also, while stocking the Neandoroids or whatever they called, I finally saw who the hell it is in Guy Goodbody's avatar.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Another question, has anyone come up with a good cradle for the Infinity Gauntlet?

My friends tattoo shop built a little shrine for his. I’ll see if he uses anything special.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

So this is a tiny world and all but that wouldn't happen to be Logan at Truth would it?

No, 13th Hour here in Michigan. They tried to move in next to the comic shop, but couldn’t work it out with the landlord.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

There’s no such thing as a bad Predator design. :colbert:

Tangentially related, I love that Predators look like individuals with their own styles, I think it really gives them a lot of flavor and hammers home the notion that their race isn’t homogeneous (you know, like humans). Seeing fanboy nerds trip over themselves to “reconcile” differences in Predator behavior and appearance (as if every member of the race has to be the same, like in Star Wars or Star Trek) has always made me giggle. Imagine if alien races took the same approach when studying humans - we’d constantly confuse the everloving gently caress out of them.

What about the predator with tentacles coming out of his face? I literally just woke up from a dream that involved Predator toys. The 90's style ones.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Predators were pretty crappy, but those 90's Aliens toys ruled.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I went to Hot Topic today and bought some POPs.

Any good ones? Hot Topic has been pretty bare when it comes to good stuff. SDCC is going to have some great DBZ Pops.

Full disclosure: I do occasionally work for Galactic Toys, so I will try to sell people on Pops, Nendroids, and Gundam model kits.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Good job on that. Easily the most requested for Pop at the con in May. The sexy Deadpools sold like crazy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I just want the dead Yamcha and Brolly funko pops. I want the Asuka one, but I'm not ready.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Nanigans posted:

Pops are poo poo. The Yamcha one in particular defeats the purpose of being a "dead Yamcha" figure by showing his face. He just looks like "Sleepy time Yamcha."

Just turn him around.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Those things are worse than Pops

My friend has that Charizard and he's alright. I usually end up fidgeting with him while we play D&D.

I know people hate pops, but the Flashpoint Wonder Woman at Hot Topic is pretty cool. I've been helping my friend collect every Wonder Woman, and there is a ton of them.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm giving serious thought to taking up collecting those old DBZ figures where the shirts came off in two pieces.

When I was younger the local gaming store dealt in Japanese imports, and had all of those. I had Piccolo, Majin Buu, Gotenks, Super Saiyan Adult Gohan, Majin Vegeta, Super Saiyan Vegetto, and a Goku with different heads for all his forms. You could only move the arms up and down, and they scratched if you looked at them wrong, but I loved those things back in the day when you had to get bootlegs to see past Goku arriving on Namek.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That Black Bolt figure is too good. I don’t buy toys, but, how much?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

How do you find yourself in this thread?

You guys post awesome pictures, and I like to scout for my friends and local comic store.

That Batman and Black Bolt are both really cool. Might have to see if the shop will put one or both on display if I get them.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I had a chance to get the whole Captain Marvel wave at Meijers, but the Kree Sentry wasn’t very enticing. If they ever do another Galactus BAF, i’ll be all over whatever set that is.

I’m enjoying Toy Galaxies videos talking about the history of various 80’s toys.

I’ve also done some convention work for Galactic Toys selling pops, neandroids, and Gundam models, but never got bit by the collector bug besides a few pops.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Have you ever built one of those Gundam models? That can be a dark road to go down

I had a little Death Scythe Hell when I was a teenager. I really don’t have the patience for model kits, but some of them are so drat cool. Working a con for a toy store, it’s tough to just not take your payment in toys.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Legendary outlaw.

Love those last two. Reminds me of the first time you see Starlord in the first movie.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Zartan actually made one of your other figures disappear, and he’s been masquerading as it ever since. You’ll never know which one, but know that Zartan is still there.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

DrChud posted:

Those were the only two they had. There was no shelf tag and no more space so maybe Dorothy and Blanche were still in back.

As a kid I would have lost my poo poo over this Snake Mountain.
https://preorder.super7store.com/collections/snake-mountain/products/masters-of-the-universe-collectors-choice-snake-mountain-playset

That thing is massive.

My friend pre ordered, and she got all four in the mail yesterday.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m fighting the urge to collect action figures, but I really want that Nightcrawler and Wolverine. Then i’ll have to get the Captain Universe I saw at Walgreens, and then track down a black costume Spider-Man...

It’s a slippery loving slope.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Where’s Ultra Instinct Goku?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Anybody know if the shared exclusive Funko pops are coming out tomorrow or what? I want that teal Batman.