Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Even if the articulation is bad I still love their Akira/Trigun figures from 20 years ago. The sculpts are beautiful. I just wish I had opened them when I got them back then. Now they're just a bit too much NIB to Crack them open.

That whole line were great, I had the Ryoko and Armitage figures. Quite amusing to see them both going for almost retail on eBay next to Kanedas bike on its own card for $150...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Sentinel Red posted:

What’s Death in the Family Joker? Is it just normal Joker with a bloody crowbar or will he be dressed as the Iranian Ambassador?

The Jokers in Three Jokers all had slightly different facial designs (eyes, nose, mouth) so either it means they've matched the comics or the more likely answer is what you said, "the one that has a crowbar".

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

CPL593H posted:

People getting stuck in the house for the last year absolutely destroyed the collector's market for everything. My primary hobby is records and holy poo poo if you want to see prices that went out of control look no further. They'd already been steadily increasing over the last several years but I saw the cost of all kinds of things double, triple, and quadruple. I'm hoping that now that people can get laid again maybe they'll go back down again. I don't know what's more absurd, what people are charging for poo poo or that people are actually paying it.

I finally catalogued my records after a few decades of collecting and holy moly you're not wrong. A 12", single side single track I bought in 2002 for about £20 is now going for £400! Some reissues are going for almost as much as first pressings now.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

CPL593H posted:

I've been collecting records for about 15 years and the hobby is pretty much ruined now because of this poo poo. Stuff that use to cost 5-10 bucks is usually in the 20-40 range now. And all the dealers who have stores just price according to whatever the highest price someone is asking for the record online regardless of if that's what most people are paying. Plus the big labels are pumping out mass amounts of junk no one wants like overpriced dad rock reissues and such, so now the pressing plants are so backed up that the smaller labels are just left out in the rain even though these smaller labels are mainly who kept those plants in business for the last 30 years. I keep hoping the bubble will burst soon but I've been saying that for like seven or eight years.

New release prices have been steadily creeping up for quite a few years now which is annoying and places like Mondo don't help when they price most things at $35 which ends up at $58.95 including shipping and tax, even after the exchange that's over £40. Some records going up in value I get but there are some absurd prices for things (the second Electric Youth album which only came out at the end of 2019 and cost me £33 is now on Discogs for an eye watering £440...).

Slightly more on topic, that Grapnel replica looks rather cheaply made and really isn't worth the £40-50 price it has on The Ebays.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

CPL593H posted:

This hot take has been beat to death already but instead of a whole wall of text I'm just going to say that the character has been re-interpreted dozens and dozens of times by a whole lot of people for the last 80 years. And while there are versions of Batman that are fascist there are plenty that aren't. I don't think community fundraisers and grass roots organizing are going to help when a terrorist flying around in a blimp that looks like his own face is spewing toxic gas all over the city. Anyway this video hits all the points I normally would if I felt like typing this much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73M2sq9zK-I

Mondo is a trash label that puts out mediocre releases for top shelf prices and they ruined Death Waltz. They can gently caress off forever. Before they bought out Death Waltz I could buy a Death Waltz LP and have it shipped to the US from the UK for less than the retail price of most Mondo releases before shipping and tax. And the records themselves were actually better. Mondo is the essence of dumb FOMO bullshit.

I'm still annoyed that they did the 4 Flies On Grey Velvet score reissue as it's such a great soundtrack the deserved much better. Is Milan Records another wing of Mondo?

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Colonel Whitey posted:

Want to buy this to mod a cap shield in place of the frisbee

It looks like the designers wanted to do that but made it different enough to avoid Disney Lawyers.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

They’re all coming with the same accessories again. :stare:

Riker with his opening kit bag, Data with his hand scanner thing.

Are these prototype images? I remembered the stands were closer to the TNG badge?

Nanigans posted:

Any Canadian goons willing to help me find these figures? They're apparently on shelves in Canada.

Did they not get likeness rights for Mikkelsen and Herzog?

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

The actors’ faces are on the sides of the packaging, they might just be crap photos.

The face looks slightly chubbier than Herzog usually does, and the hair looks 'thicker' but that's because thin hair on a toy like that doesn't always work well. He kind of looks like combination of Herzog and Tom Wilkinson.

You can tell who they're supposed to be but they look a little off (like they're from Sideshow as opposed to Hot Toys).

Rhyno posted:

Excellent.

I've been digging into bins trying to cull the collection of stuff not on display and I found some stuff that should've been put back up on day one of the move.

Loving the hooks, you should totally paint one blue and one red.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Gripweed posted:

If I just wanted a Werner Herzog figure, what would be a good non-star wars body to put that head on?

Maybe the more recent J. Jonah Jameson, though it might look too thin.

Sentinel Red posted:

"I despise formal restaurants. I find all of that formality to be very base and vile. I would much rather eat potato chips on the sidewalk."

What am I lookin' at here? Some kinda Incredible Werewolf?

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Flirtatiously hopeful: do you see something you like?

Breathy and Seductive : I recommend Archangel's Maw

Right in the middle of the search there's a hand knitted Garrus with a very "what the gently caress am I doing here?!" expression.

Excitement that leads to maudlin disappointment : Sanshee have the My Talking Elcor back in stock but shipping to the UK is almost as much as the item itself...

https://sanshee.com/products/my-talking-elcor-plush

WonkyBob fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 7, 2022

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Sanschel posted:

I remember being excited about Mass Effect once upon a time, long long ago :sigh:

Replaying the Legendary Edition brought into sharp focus how lacking 3 was. With the engine improvements ME1 is officially the best of the series now. They'll have to do something bloody spectacular to make 4 seem in any way worth playing.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Bulgaroctonus posted:

whatever happened to Sam Keith?

He's worked with DC quite a bit since The Maxx comic ended in 1998. There's a Batman / Maxx crossover mini (Batman/The Maxx: Arkham Dreams)

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Djarum posted:

He also posts on his blog almost daily.

http://samkieth.blogspot.com/

Thanks for this! I was slightly worried it would be a "these are my political views, gently caress you" blog but it's just artwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

If any Trek fans in the thread are tempted by the Exo-6 Kira grab one while they're in stock, the prototype images don't sell it nearly as well as seeing it for reals.

Bonus image from my display. "Quark managed to get a picture of The Intendant, and The Major is NOT amused"