Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hah. You post on here too. Awesome.

But yeah. I'm going to pick up that Hive Warrior. The nostalgia is too much for me to handle. I haven't picked up a figger in a while. But I need, NEED the new Sideshow Snake Plissken figure.

Oh my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gregday posted:

Wait, are you the guy who makes fiberglass replicas on the RPF?

I am not, no. Sorry.

Also, I just won a Snake Plissken in a small contest hosted around Sideshow's site. So...gently caress yeah!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So NECA is kinda pissing me off lately. The Pacific Rim figures are pretty much impossible to find. NECA seems to be intentionally making them a scarce figure set, you'll see 3 sets of new Predators, 3 sets of Video Game stuff, 3 sets of Rambo figures, 3 sets of RoboCop...but only 1 set of Pacific Rim.

Alright, they're doing business crap 101..but it's getting downright frustrating at this point. Not to mention NECA's whole deal with the 18 inch Gipsy Danger...it's sold out everywhere on the internet, except for the NECA ebay store....where they upped the price pretty high. 120 isn't godawful...but add in the extra 16 for shipping, well...I don't know. The thing costs a hundred bucks flat. And they're inflating the price like a scalper. Just seems shady in my opinion.

But what I'm most pissed about, is I found ONE Pacific Rim figure at retail. ONE. And of course, I open it up and...

Ruagh. It's so lovely, because I can't replace it with another one. I'm pretty sure that's all that store is going to get, ever. I guess i'll have to look online or something. But man. This is the most frustrating situation i've had with toys in years. Haha.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thanks, I might try that.

But in my area, they've only gotten one batch of each series. It could be the store's choice, but when I ask, they seem to just say the company just gives them what they give them.

So I don't know.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

NECA never responded. Perhaps I was too blunt. I asked if it would've been possible to get a replacement from them because the store won't be getting more in. No answer.

Took it back, got my :20bux: back....but now I'm frustrated I can't find the 18 inch Gipsy Dangers anywhere...literally no place, except for eBay for 300 bucks. Ah well....

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

WEEEW! Yes! Thank you so much! I'm so glad you gave me this link, because I just got banned from the only toy site I go too for telling NECA to eat a dick. :hehe:

But yeah. Ordered. It's worth the wait.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Canopus250 posted:

I'm thinking about the second set of NECA's Pacific Rim figures and was wondering if anybody can chime in about battle damaged Gipsy Danger. In the basic preview through them and on bbts it just sort of looks dirt covered compared to the first one. I love Striker and Leatherback and am debating buying the three pack, but I can't really tell if that Gipsy is worth not paying the markup on the old one.

After months of searching, I FINALLY found a Gipsy! I really like her. The battle damage is Gipsy but more dirty. She'd look nice with the other one, I'd imagine, mostly because of the chainswords. The chainswords make it. But then again this is the only Pacific Rim figure I have, so it's up to you if you think it's worth an extra buy. But the chainswords are really cool, so it depends how you feel about having a Gipsy with her most iconic weapon.

(i'll have to upload the rest later, imgur is being a bitch)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Very much so. I passed up on the whole set the day before the film came out. I was so let down by Man of Steel, I decided to wait and see before I bought any of the products for Pacific Rim, in case it was terrible. Bad mistake. I loved it, and when to pick up the figures...They were gone, and I barely ever saw any of them after that day. I would say they're the most sought after NECA line at the moment.

Definitely pre-order the 18 inch Gipsy. I don't have her yet...but man, she looks worth it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Awesome! The Gipsy I ordered that was scheduled for February is out for delivery! Someone must've cancelled.

I must've appeased the Pacific Rim gods or something.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Finally got the 18inch Gipsy! I'll have to wait until Christmas to open it up, since it's a gift, but hey. At least it's mine.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nice! I was interested in those a while back, but they were long gone by the time I found out.

You should post more pics, if you can!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Djarum posted:

They are still for sale, free shipping with Prime too.

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamash...words=daft+punk

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamash...words=daft+punk

Tell me what you want to see and I'll make it happen.

Oh nice!

Maybe pics of them together, and some detailed stuff. Just want to get a decent look at 'em if I decide to get them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anyone know of any good action figure forums with a lot of traffic and news?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is a seriously awesome toy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found this at a store...no idea they were selling them at retail! Got it half off too from a coupon. But man. I love it.

I don't know why, but I do. Haha.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I had my Wall Crawling Spider-Man on me, I thought, but I guess it's elsewhere. I'll see if I can find it to take some pics. I found it at a Toys R Us after everyone was raving about it. Lucky find I suppose? haha.

Now if that luck would trasfer to the Black Series Fett, that'd be loving nice. Everywhere I go I see Leia, Han, and Greedo. NEVER a Boba Fett.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You must live in heaven. Don't rub it in....

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blue Warrior doesn't have a dome.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got that 79 Alien too. Holy poo poo, it's better then I expected. And it was under 20 bucks at TRU. That was surprising.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That's why the Alien ones worked. They were real figures from the 70's. If they weren't 20 bucks each, i'd pick up more.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw that Fan Film when I was a kid. It was the greatest thing my eyes had seen up to that point. I made my own Red Predator, and it was badass.

I never thought in a million years someone would make that one, let alone multiple figures from a fan film about Batman fighting a Predator...and then an Alien.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I will buy the Predator of my screen name. That's it. I'm so tired of NECA's Predators.

Alien, however, I'm on bored.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tomorrow NECA is probably going to announce Ripley from Alien. So be ready!

Unless it's all bullshit...then you can kiss all that goodbye!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would be totally fine with a Ripley minus guns with a catbox and a bunch of Jonesy's.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Rage posted:

Yeah the prices on the first T1 T-800 were getting up there, but I kinda wish this one was rocking his puffy grey coat

This one?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They haven't made them yet, but they said they were going to at some point. AvP stuff is totally OK to do. It's just NECA's been busy with the Lost Hunter stuff, so they haven't done much else.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Rage posted:

Do they have the rights to Kenner's 90's Aliens line too? Cause I'd buy the poo poo out of those.

Oh I'm sure. I may buy the snake one. I've always liked the way it looked.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would buy a Pop thing of my avatar. But he gets no love ever. Only Gir does. All the time. :colbert:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhyno posted:

Be patient. Nickelodeon is going to start licensing lots more to Pop! in the coming year.

Good to hear!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

messy toy stores are the best toy stores.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have never once seen a Black Series Boba Fett at retail. I've seen Han, Leia, Greedo, R2, Luke, Darth Maul, and the Sandtrooper. But never once, Boba Fett.

The people who figure out how many to pack each case are bullshit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Rage posted:

What exactly are you looking for? A lot of us buy extras of rare figures when we see them and hook people/goons up at cost + shipping. Drop a list on us and see what we can do for ya!

I'm still looking for a Boba Fett. Just not at scalper prices. :smith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

Salt in the wound, etc. :3:

:negative:

Bastard!

Someday I will find it. Maybe be years from now. But some day.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Does anyone have a Marvel Legends Doop they would sell or trade? I had one years ago and foolishly traded it, but I sure would love the little guy in my tiny Marvel Legends collection.

I actually might. I don't know where it is...but if I do find it, it's probably a tad beat up, but if I find it, you can have it for no charge.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhyno posted:

Jesus, $40 for a pack in figure?

Deadpool goes for a ton of money. I found one for 25 bucks a few years ago.

Shipping was 30. :smithicide:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gann Jerrod posted:

Just as a heads up, the Disney Store has Black Series figures now and I saw Boba Fett. It's a little pricier at $25, but it's still better than buying from a scalper. I also saw the newer figures (Bespin Luke, Obi-Wan, Stormtrooper) at Disneyland so if you're really desperate, check there.

You gave me something to do today.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CelticPredator posted:

You gave me something to do today.

Wow. I'm kind of irritated after that trip. They had 8 of every single character, EXCEPT Boba Fett. This whole line is insane. Greedo should've been the short packed one. Only die hard fans care about that character. Almost everyone LOVES Boba Fett. Making him one per case is just annoying.

Oh well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Beanpants posted:

Try Barnes and Noble, if they still exist in your area. That's where I found my Boba Fett, and there were a few more behind him to boot.

Tried it. Never a Boba Fett. But they sure have enough Hans, Leias and Greedos to make a 100 Boba Fetts. Ugh.

And I will look tonight for ya!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was pretty much right at the top of this box.

Like I said, he's a bit damaged, but if this works for you, it's yours.

Dog got a hold of it for a minute.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I finally picked this up. Thanks to Something Awful for paying for it. Haha.

I'm happy with it! Brings me back to when I had the original toy. I played with that thing forever. The wrist blades ruled.