Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I hope the MU line fails. Hate hate hate them. Besides the scale, price, and quality issues, the male to female ratio is horrendous. One female for forty male figures? Orgies are better than gangbangs. At this rate, it will take ages before we finally make up the ML female offerings. I will only begrudingly collect these things if ML line dies completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I voted Maddrox, Havok, and Phoenix (alot of those looks great, but I really only collect X-Men related figs, sorry).

I will buy like 8 Maddrox as long as they pair him with another army builder like character (or good fodder character).

Havok's original costume is dated. His new modern look is great.

And I'm re-thinking my choice of Phoenix as I could care less about the white costume and I already own both the Toy Biz versions. But I do like that updated sculpt and she looks like a very easy repaint to get a nice green and red classic Phoenix. Pair her with Maddrox so I have 8 attempts to get her right. Then I can have a rainbow collection of Phoenixes to show my gay pride.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Travis343 posted:

Whuh? You've already got the Toy Biz phoenix but you want the white one...so you can paint it to look like the toy you've already got??

Yep. This new Phoenix has a superior actual feminine looking sculpt. The old Toy Biz Phoenix, while great for its time, now looks like a tranny compared to the more recent female bodies.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

4" Jim Lee Jean Grey. gently caress You Hasbro.

They're like some reparative gay conversion priest. Why can't you ML collectors just start liking these MU figures like you are told? MU is the way god intended it!

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

I can confirm this, I saw it at two different Wal-Marts in Arizona today.

Hello fellow AZ figure hunter!

I got a complete set of Nemesis figures today in the Chandler/Gilbert area. I was prepared to drive around the entire 202 loop but I didn't need to. Found them at the 2nd stop.

My initial impressions are that this wave is rather mediocre. Daredevil is fairly awesome and Tigra isn't too bad either. Beast and Blackbolt are definitely the worst. Beast just sucks all around in terms of paint and articulation. Nova and Punisher are just so-so. Not sure what the definitive Nova should look like, but he seemed rather half assed. And Punish looked great except for his plastic skin and lack of wrist articulation. The cammo pants on the variant are rather well done. And as a rabid X-Men fan, while I could care less about Nemesis, he is quite impressive looking.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

And gently caress Hasbro again for their shitastic presenation today. They really hate ML and are determined to remain willfully ignorant of what fans want. If they would produce some NEW and DEMANDED characters for the line insted of rehashes and obscure ones, then the line may actually sell much better.

Xenomrph posted:

I don't think I saw a complete set, even between both Wal-Marts. :(

drat. They must have gotten picked over fast. I hit a few Walmarts around noon today and found maybe 3 or 4 complete sets. All and all at least they should start showing up on ebay in vast quantities which will then bring those prices crashing down to a more reasonable level (well, reasonable for ebay standards).

The Rage posted:

The sad thing about this wave is I just want Nemesis, gently caress all the other figures, I just think hes a badass.

You can probably scrounge ebay for loose parts end up getting him for cheaper than 6 figs at retail price. There are bound to be lots of extra arms or legs or whatever pieces come with DD and Punisher because of the variants. I have an extra cannon arm (left?) that I don't need now.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is there a mod for Blackbolt's wings yet? Because they feel extremely fragile and I really hate them.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Gentlemen, I present to you the Women of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Click here for the full 1068x798 image.

Finally got my order of the next ML 2-packs. As much as I like to bitch about Hasbro, they really did an awesome job on these. And as much as I mourn the loss of single carded figures and BaF, I'm starting to like the 2-pack formula better. The extra heads, hands, and accessories are great value added. If Hasbro can maintain this quality and continue the ML line, then I'll be a satisfied happy customer.

Army building is addictive and costly, but I must buy more of these 2-packs.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm kind of indifferent to the poll results. They're not terrible choices, but not very exciting either. Did we really need a Deadpool redo? I missed him the first time around so at least now I can get him for a reasonable price. Black Widow looked awesome but again another redo and I somehow doubt she will look at all that good when finished. Valkyrie is at least a new character, too bad about the articulation though.

Hasbro will probably pick Hulk, Wolverine, and Warpath, all of which I would be happy with. Need a definitive Hulk for my collection and a green retooled Rulk looked perfect.

I just hope these things sell great so we can get more.

Jet Ready Go posted:

Wolverine is HOT.

Wolverista has a hidden action feature. See if you can find it kids!

mods rename me posted:

Madrox-Hellfire goon would be a good two pack

This. Me want want so frakking badly. I would buy at least 10.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

These are really cool. Free paper superheroes (marvel, mostly X-Men) that you can print out and construct yourself. Link.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is masked Daken supposed to be harder to find? He's the only one I'm missing now. Prices on ebay are ridiculous.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Flameingblack posted:

They also had Klaw and Steve Rogers, but his shield was clear for some reason, and I can't find pictures of that anywhere.

The clear shield is the variant. It's his proton shield.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Did they really need to include X-Force Wolvie in this 3-pack? He seems like a waste of a character slot. Wolverine could have been sold in the regular line and the slot could have been given to a more obscure character we'll never see. Replace Psylocke (nice but unnecessary really) with Wolfsbane and Wolverine with Vanisher or Caliban.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

She looks like Liza Manelli.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is the SDCC helicarrier larger than the retail version?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Aren't Blade, Moonstar, Red Deadpool, and FF Doom running changes?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

When are the Marvel Legends running changes going to show up? I want my Dani Moonstar :qq:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

So which Deadpool do you end up with I wonder?

Most likely the grey one. The red one is the running change and none of the running changes have shown up yet.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is there any difference between the Wolverine from the new Hit Monkey Marvel Legends series and the Uncanny X-Force SDCC 3-pack?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Ah I see. A reflective material for a covert ops team? Such a daring choice.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

The arms of my Hit Monkey don't want to stay in. Not liking this wave.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Are we ever going to get the Return of Marvel Legends Series 3 running changes? I want at the very least FF Doom and Moonstar.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I have to pack up my figure collection for long term storage (about a year). Any issues with wrapping them in butcher's paper? It's not acid free but I figure it should be okay for that time period.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

It's the latter. These are loose figures. They were taken out of the package for display purposes (in package display is boring). We're talking ~150 ML figures. I am in the process of selling and then building a new house, so these suckers have to get packed up and stored for over a year, maybe even longer. So I need to avoid paint rub and discoloration as they sit piled on top of each other in their Sterilite tomb. Keeping a bunch of original ML packaging lying around is not feasible.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Can someone explain which figure is the McFarlane spider-man? I google it and find one that is a lighter blue and some that are a darker blue. Apparently I have two of the darker blue ones. Do these really sell for big money?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Louisgod posted:

I think they're hoping to cash in on nostalgia alone regardless of how well liked the games were. Must be working if they're making more I guess.

On the Legends side of things, here's the case packouts for the second wave of Captain Legends figures:

Winter Soldier x 2
Black Widow x 1
Captain America Movie x 3
Red Skull x 1
Baron Zemo X 1

So, good luck finding a Widow or any of the army builders. gently caress you, Hasbro.

This is the worst case pack-out ever. Skull and Zemo should have been hydra and aim agents. There should be 2 widows since she has a godsdamn BAF piece.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

I'm still waiting for the Lyra running change from the Red She Hulk wave. :sigh:

The series before Hit Monkey is waiting too. Where's my Dani Moonstar? :colbert:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Beanpants posted:

When you're bored and broke on a Saturday night, stay home and create your own Marvel Legends dioramas.

This is really neat! I wanted to create a diorama before but just didn't know where to start. Can you share your methods or give a tutorial?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Jace Madan posted:

Finally! NECA's Queen Alien figure, due out this october: http://necaonline.com/48662/product...m_medium=social

No detachable slug butt?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Hasbro did not get a good female body down until Elektra 2.0 It really did take them a while to figure things out. They have since branched out from that buck and now have a good set of varying female body types to work with now.

Toybiz female figs may look dated, but they I feel like they tried and were sort of pioneering things. Toybiz Storm, Wasp, and Psylocke are still decent in my book.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Last year we got an awesome X-Men wave and a crappy X-Men boxset. The year before that we had another okay-ish X-Men related wave (along with a few scattered X-Men related figures in other waves). So I am hopeful that we will continue to see a few X-Men characters here and there, but obviously Spiderman and Avengers are their focus for movie marketing and retail reasons.

Just look at what has been revealed for Marvel Legends for 2015 alone. We have 2 full Spiderman waves coming (hobgoblin, rhino). We have 3 full Avengers waves (odin, thanos, hulkbuster). We have an Ant-man wave (which is pretty much another Avengers wave). And then there are 3 boxsets (shield 3-pack, movie 4-pack, another target exclusive 3-pack). That's over 50 new characters. They're branching out into more obscure characters again. And that's just the first half of the year. We haven't even gotten to SDCC yet which is typically their biggest show and reveal. That's amazing compared to the years prior which limped along at a very anemic pace. All and all, seems like a good time to be collecting legends again.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

It's like a reversal of fortunes. Legends pretty much dried up when Universe was introduced. There were basically no new Legends produced for two years in 2010 to 2011. My only guess is that Legends must be dominating sales via collector/hobbyist momentum as much as Hasbro tried to ignore/downplay the importance of such. The quality has really gone up since Hasbro's initial offerings which were really rather pathetic and probably soured many collectors to drop the line altogether. Now their suite of standard bucks are nearing perfection where they are able to churn out lots of consistently good looking characters with only slight mods required. And because the quality and character selection is back, so is the collector enthusiasm? Most collectors were probably heavily invested in the 6-inch scale to start and the latest figures are surpassing Toybiz's best IMHO. I chalk it up to Hasbro's new rocker ankles. Yes, the line was saved by good sturdy ankles.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Nut Bunnies posted:

On one hand, I wish the Hasbro ML looked a fraction as good as the Toy Biz ones.

Which toybiz legends look superior? Because IMHO many have not aged well.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

drat. I need two of those.

Edit: Here's the packaged pic.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Well I'm extremely bummed about the lack of any X-Men figures on the horizon and the likelihood of ever seeing them again fast approaching nil. Marvel's petty tiff with Fox is beyond nauseating.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Rirse posted:

I am wondering if Red Onslaught will come with a alt head for traditional Onslaught. Especially since the BAF for Onslaught was his weird second form.

Already confirmed a big definite NO. The explanation given is that would mix the brands and Marvel does not want anything X-Men/F4 related polluting their MCU approved brands. It's also why you will never see Rogue and Havok Uncanny Avengers stuff.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

What the hell is Marvel Unlimited and how much does it cost?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Nope. She's part of the Hulkbuster series which is being released now. Blackant and First Appearance Daredevil are the only Walgreens exclusives.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Scarlet Spider is two to a case so he should be easy to find. I doubt any of the others will be that hard to find. Distribution for all the previous waves has been even and none of the figures were all that hard to find in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Who risks having kids near their figures? :confused: