Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Pictures of Magneto/Iceman Muggs :

http://www.britepic.com/gallery.php...ro%3A&caption=3
http://www.britepic.com/gallery.php...ords=&caption=4

Those might be at NYCC, if they are I'll stop by the booth and see if there's anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Entertainment Earth's having their summer sale

They have a bunch of the DC Universe figures on sale. Some Marvel too, but not as much. Not too many statues this time around, unfortunately.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Fish Of Doom posted:

For those who care, toyrocket.com is having a sale where everything in stock on the entire site is at least 50% off. I picked up a few things like some DCUC pegwarmers I don't want to pay full price for.

A word of warning, they were experiencing bankruptcy issues a few months back and stiffed some customers, so make sure to order via credit card so you can charge it back if necessary. That's what I did!

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I think the Joker looks even better.

Some more shots over here.

But as much as I like classic Batman, they're both out of my budget since I'm waiting on their classic Predator.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Hot Toys is definitely one of the best toy companies around now, their stuff is expensive, but it's incredibly impressive (some of the aftermarket values are ridiculous though). All of my Hot Toys figures are out of box, but I do keep the boxes in case I want to pack them up.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Hasbrotoyshop has a coupon right now for 25% off + free shipping, FSFAM11. Seems to work on ALMOST all the items (wouldn't apply to the Mighty Muggs Maximum Carnage set). Might come in handy for some of you!

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Still hoping that Sideshow gets that beast so I can flex-pay it, seems odd to get a 3a distribution deal and not put Rex through that. Whatever, I'll still be grabbing it.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Vintersorg posted:

Sideshow and Lego are teaming up.... what the gently caress? $300 lego sets?

They probably think people will buy them through Sideshow just to use flexpay on the more expensive sets.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The new one that's limited to 3000 has an Avengers base and I think the RDJ head from the Mark IV, the 16 piece one has a different Avengers light-up base. I remember seeing something about a new paint job on the promo blurb but it looked the same to me.

And yeah, the new movie has a Mark VII armor, Kotobukiya is already releasing a statue based on it, Hot Toys can't be far behind.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Gammatron 64 posted:

Are Batman and the Joker worth it? I'm also a huge Street Fighter fan, but the only ones they seem to have are Akuma and Cammy, and I already have a bunch of the SOTA figures. I kinda wish that they never canceled those. I think Jazwares has the license now, and I've seen a few in TRU. They look pretty bad.

Let's also not forget that Play Arts is missing my two favorite Final Fantasy games. I love it how people forget there were Final Fantasy games before VII. (That's when they were good.)

They've also got a Ryu/Chun-Li in the Street Fighter Play Arts line. Batman/Joker look really nice but I haven't picked them up.

Having seen the Mass Effect ones in person a couple times, the Garrus is BY FAR the best. Ashley/Shepard have some facial problems but they're pretty good.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Xenomrph posted:

And are willing to increase the insurance coverage on your house. :stare:

Think about it this way. If that Batman is, say, $150 (and that's a really, really conservative number), then there's no way The Bat will sell for anything less than like $500 (and again, that's a conservative number).

That means that you could get The Bat *OR* you could get a pretty good 42" hi-def television.

That Batman is closer to $250 so The Bat will likely be in the $800-$1000 range. Their upcoming Batmobile is $629~.

But at that point it's aimed for a really high-end market, they know only people with assloads of cash (or REALLY dedicated Batman fans) will be buying it. Just the space to display it alone is huge!

As for other high-end collectibles, Sideshow's putting up their gigantic 33" Galactus tomorrow.

Guessing it'll be in the $800-$1000 range as well.

Bandit64 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 8, 2012

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Apple action comes tomorrow! That wasn't one of their product pictures, it was from a video reveal.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Yep, they announced they were making a new Robocop a while ago. I'm really hoping they're re-using the old ED-209 sculpt and releasing it at a discounted price like they did for the Iron Man Mark I, I'd love to have it.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Was anyone still looking for the Iron Man 2 Air and Weapons drones?

Went to Tuesday Morning yesterday and found one of each, thought I'd offer em up here cause I remember someone needing em.

Also, does anyone have the Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Autopsy suit? I am seriously considering dropping the cash on this guy, but I'd like a review from someone who has it in hand on if it's worth the cash.

Plus I need to find a little 1/6th table or something to lay it out on...

I had this review queued up so I published it now :

http://www.whatsyourobsession.com/hot-toys-iron-man-mark-ii-armor-unleashed-figure/

It's seriously worth the cash, you get a LOT for your money.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Just grabbed mine, seems to be a Sideshow exclusive. He's up at $175, which is cheaper than I expected considering Ada Wong's $200 price.

BBTS put up their Black Friday stuff as well - Looking through it now to see if there's anything worthwhile.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
If any of you guys ordered the Figma Link domestically, you might want to check your orders. Diamond screwed up and it seems the entire American allotment is canceled so you're stuck with import shops.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

I love Muggs but hmm, not sure I'd want to try to grab a full set that way. Did they say whether they're doing any secret figures for the line or anything like that?

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Rhyno posted:

I'm almost afraid to open it for fear of the paint not being too durable. I had issues with one of their products a few years ago where the paint started flaking off within a week of buying the item. I might open it just to remove the bag so I can clearly see the whole statue, haven't decided yet. Green Lantern also came out today but I had two requests for it so I had to order another one for myself. I think I'm going to buy the entire line except for Cyborg.

I wouldn't worry about it, their stuff has gotten a lot better over the years. I've got a bunch of Kotobukiya statues with no paint flaking issues.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

404GoonNotFound posted:

I don't mean to sound condescending, but why would anyone want a Revoltech Snake when the Play Arts Kai line exists?

I had the Play Arts Snake and it was kind of underwhelming. Sometimes the Play Arts stuff is fantastic but of late I've found a lot of them have terrible paint jobs, they're hard to pose (my Cyborg Ninja, which I love, refuses to stand on its own so you need to factor in the price of a stand with it), and sometimes they're prone to breakage. So I can see why Revoltech is trying their hand at it, though with the variety the Play Arts line has, I doubt many will get into the Revoltech one.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Chiming in to agree with the above, the Figma Samus is fantastic and one of my favourite figures too.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I just grabbed the 4 ball so I can give my impressions once it arrives, which will apparently be Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

The_Doctor posted:

1/6th scale. You're going to need a bigger display case.

The 1/6th scale Tie Fighter beside it was even more nuts, can't even imagine the price tag on that one.