Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I might adopt the smaller scale if they look decent in person, as I have been disappointed with the hasbro ML offerings and not collecting anything is boring. Especially if I can get a good psylocke, blink, or dagger character out of this stupid poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Djarum posted:

The chances of that are about as slim as having your balls ripped out and force feed back to you by a monkey.

Why do you have to do that? Let me dream in peace! One day I will have a Blink figure that isn't lovely and from the 90's.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I just got a chance to look at that picture of the Pick-A-Hero for the first time on a real screen and not on my iPod, and I would kill for a Hood figure. I'd also really like a good Mary Jane, as the one I have from the first Spider-Man movie series is just so-so.

Are the ones on that poster the ones people that can be voted for? Because Blink isn't even on that list :colbert:.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

With the ML line entering its twilight years, I think I am finally going to catalogue and sell off all of my old ML figures that I bought just out of OCD habit and don't really want. Hopefully this will give me the cash to buy up the last few figures I actually want for my collection.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated noted, with the Original TMNT re-releases coming out, I figured there might be a little interest in this: There is a small 350¥(~$4) Store down the street from me that has a poo poo load of Casey Jones, Krang, the Aloha Shirt Frog Guy, and I want to say the metallic robot Turtle. They are all in their original packaging from the 90s/late 80s, so if anyone wants them let me know. The bios, etc. on the package are in Japanese, of course.

I can fit a few in my suitcase and then mail them to you when I get back to the States (23rd). If you don't care about packaging, then I can package them loose in my luggage and fit a lot more.

The Capm posted:

I'm also ok with Marvel Legends slowing to a trickle. It's weirdly satisfying to have almost an entire line like this, with an end in sight. I wonder if interest in the old figures will ever dry up and it will be easier to patch up the few things I'm missing?

I remember back when the line first started, I was at Wizard World with some friends and we were joking about a Longshot Marvel Legend, just because it would stretch the definition of legend so much. And now look where we're at.

What would be the figure you guys would have most wanted a classic Marvel Legends version of?

Blink. I just want a modern Blink figure so badly :(.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vintersorg posted:

Casey Jones, Metalhead and Krang would be awesome, original packaging is nice but if you need to fit more thats fine loose. :D

I'll pay via paypal!

Picked up SF4 Ryu and Ken today, a bit bulky and Ryu looks like an ogre but I like the articulation and overall they are very nice figures.

Sounds good man, I will head to the store in the next day or two and see if they still have them. There were a ton when I was in there before (like 10-15 of each figure) but they also seemed to be pretty popular and sold a fair amount while I was there.

Speaking of Street Fighter, I picked up Chun Li and Ryu from the Revoltech Street Fighter Online. They are smaller figures, but the sculpts on them look pretty solid and they have awesome articulation. I'd never heard of these before, and they seem to be based off of a Street Fighter Online game (the packaging proudly proclaims that you can see the Revoltech joints on the models in the game). I must be pretty out of the loop.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I can't remember exactly who it was, but I went back to the 350yen store a few days ago and they had sold out of all of the TMNT figures :(. Sorry dude.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I just now saw the MU figures for the first time in person (and the Wolverine: Origins line), and Holy Hell I'm not touching those. If they end up releasing some of my absolute favorite characters I might pick up them up, but even then they would really have to improve the paint app.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Xenomrph posted:

I actually get a kick out of the DC Universe counterparts; I've got a couple of them and I'm not even a DC comics reader at all. They're less expensive and I think they look a LOT better. But spending $8.00? Hell no.

I thought the exact same thing. At my Target they are on pegs RIGHT next to each other, and the difference is sickening. Hasbro really needs to fight for better placement, because them being side by side is an embarrassment.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I wanted to do a quick interest check, but I'm moving soon and have a pretty big collection of figures I want to offload. I stopped collecting when the ML line died off, but I'm looking to get rid of a big lot of Toybiz ML, Hasbro ML, SquareEnix Play Arts and a few miscellaneous figures. Total might be in the 80 figure range, including BAF and BAF parts. Do you think there would be enough interest to list it here/ on SA Mart? I'm not looking to make a huge profit, just a little pocket change.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Always depends on condition and demand of a particular figure, but couldn't hurt. Do you have any chase figues and such?

All of the figures are opened, but have lived their lives on a shelf. I have some chase figures, but none of the extremely early ML ones (and I'm keeping a few for myself, like Dark Phoenix). I'm thinking of just taking pictures and doing an auction starting at $40 + shipping and hoping to get maybe $60 for them all. I forgot to add in that I will have a bunch of mini mates, mighty muggs and superhero squad.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Thanks for all of the replies, guys. When I start packing up this weekend I'll take pictures of everything and make a big post about it.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I didn't manage to find most of my figures; they're sadly still missing somewhere in the abyss of my old house. So the muggs and most of the A-list figures are still coming, but for now here are the figures I DID find, if anyone is interested in them:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3405688

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Fantabulero posted:

No joke. I'd probably pay top dollar for a ML Scarlet Spider that looks that nice (I rarely buy toys anymore, but apparently I make exceptions for plastic versions of clones?) but I'm just not interested in the MU line at all.

Agreed. I've been out of collecting for years, but the three things that could bring me back are a nice ML Scarlet Spider, Cloak or Psylocke. I was so excited when the MK Psylocke was announced, but it really disappointed me once I saw it on the pegs.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I've been out of collecting for a long time (I gave up the ghost a few waves in to Hasbro ML)--but I need that Voltron. Holy poo poo, is it awesome. Is the only way to get it via a sub? Will it not be retail? I've never done a sub before, so I'm out of my element.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm so upset I didn't buy a sub for this, drat.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat, I really want that Psylocke figure (I agree it is unnecessary but shut up, I like the character). Hopefully I can snag it loose or pick up the pack at a decent price.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Bullshit, all the kids knew that Michelangelo was the best one.

Anyone who didn't like Leonardo the best is a racist and also a Holocaust denying Nazi apologist :colbert:.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Wasn't there a fat kung-fu panda in TMNT lore? That would be the ADTRW goons for sure :neckbeard:

I believe you mean motherfucking Panda Khan, good sir.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

gregday posted:

No, but the cable reel does spin, the trigger works, and as you can see the two halves separate and click together.

Not gonna stop me from pointing it at everything in sight and going "Pssshew!" though.

I haven't seen any updated pictures of your collection in a long time. Have you added anything else to it aside from the grappling gun?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Red posted:

- Small Nintendo rubber figures (http://www.avaneshop.com/product/vintage-nintendo-super-mario-brothers-goomba-japanese-keshi-rubber-figure-eraser-b - They were called Keshi? I dunno. I have a bunch from when I lived in Japan.)

Keshi isn't the name of them but it's actually describing what they are (short for keshigomu 消しゴム)--pencil erasers!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I just found out I desperately need that Figuarts Original Megazord. Holy gently caress.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat!

Uh, you know, if you wind up with any extra Chun Li figures, hit me up and I'll buy them off of you.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Jet Ready Go posted:

The new Kotobukiya Psylocke looks amazing, can't wait until I get mine in the mail!

I told myself I was only going to buy the Power Ranger releases and that was it, but I don't think I can turn down a Psylocke statue. Surely just one statue won't open the floodgates, right? Right? :(

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The Rage posted:

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Legacy Dragonzord is up for pre-order on TRU.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28741796

That's a beautiful thing. I'm hoping Figuarts does one to go along with their Megazord.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

That Godzilla figure kind of hits a weird nostalgia vibe for me, because it reminds me of the lovely giant figure I had growing up as a kid.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I ran into the Spider-Man legends figures for the first time last night. It took all of my willpower to resist picking up ASM2, Superior and Carnage. That Carnage figure is really nice, but I was a little upset that he didn't include an axe-hand (if he had, I would've snagged him). One thing I didn't realize was that there is a Julia Carpenter version of Spider-Woman in that wave. I haven't seen much talk about her--how rare is she, and is the figure any good?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

DrChud posted:

Any chance on grabbing that carnage if it's still there?

I can swing by tomorrow and check to see if they've still got it!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The Rage posted:

Its actually not Julia Carpenter, its Anya Corazon, the new-ish Spider-Girl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anya_Corazon

But that Carnage figure, hand axe or not, is incredible. Absolutely perfect first appearance Carnage. I've had him and Marvel Select Venom fighting each other on my desk for a week now, and I cannot stop playing with them both like I'm 10 years old again.

Oh wow, I had no idea Arana was Spider-Girl now. I just saw the mugshot on the back of the packaging and thought it was Julia Carpenter.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm interested in seeing the Nightmare Before Christmas ones in person, just because I'm a pretty big fanboy of that movie. I'm sure some of my friends who like Firefly will froth at the mouth to pick up the Firefly figures once they hear about them, too. I do agree that a lot of the cool appeal is lost since these aren't reproductions of actual retro figures, though.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Jace Madan posted:

Pics of new Star Wars black series are up: http://www.rebelscum.com/2014-Toy-Fair/Toy-Fair-2014-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series/

I need that Vader and Luke...

The scout speeder. :swoon:

EDIT: I thought I was done with these after X-Wing Luke and R2, but I really want ANH Luke, ROTJ Luke the Scout and the Stormtrooper.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 16, 2014

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

What are my best options for Street Fighter figures right now? I know that the both NECA and SOTA did multiple series of them, but if I recall one of the two had a tendency to have stiff joints that easily snapped. I like the look of the Play Arts Kai ones, but they're a little expensive and they don't have as wide of a variety as the NECA or SOTA lines. If they Play Arts Kai ones are better by miles, though, I'll just suck it up and start picking those up.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

lovely cellphone pic, but Samus and I agree--the Metroid Figma is loving amazing. Hand swaps were incredibly easy, too, compared to some older Figmas and other random figures I have sitting around.

EDIT: Add me to the list of people looking to buy Carnage and Spider-Woman if anyone finds extras (preferably not at TRU prices).

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vintersorg posted:

Toy Faire offering from Funko.

http://popvinyls.com/2014/02/17/toy-fair-2014-pics-funko-booth/

The Fantastic Mr.Fox figures are out of nowhere for myself - can't wait to scoop that set up. Hopefully they arrive locally as shipping to Canada is a bitch.

Their POP! line is loving insane - it's like EVERYTHING EVER. Guardians of the Galaxy, Ghostbusters, Arrested Development, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Goonies, Buffy. How the gently caress did they get all these licenses?!

This is the first I'm seeing of the Mystery Minis line and I really like some of those. The POP! stuff never did anything for me, though.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Ka0 posted:

Do any of the japanese import sites have Figma Samus on sale at the moment?

Not sure if you need to have it from an import site or not, but Amazon has it via Good Smile. They're who I ordered from and it came in perfect condition.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Red posted:

If you like Kid Robot's Street Fighter blind boxes, Five Below has them for $4.99.

I was just at my local one today in NOVA and they didn't have any that I saw :argh:. I really want to snag some to accompany my Dark Ryu.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Red posted:

I went to the Fair City Mall one in Fairfax, if that helps.

I snagged 4 - and each was an alternate color - Dhalsim, Chun-Li, and Ken x 2

drat, I was at the one at Potomac Mills and there wasn't any sign of them. I'm not familiar with Fair City Mall, but I'll google it. If you don't want the Chun-Li or Ken, I'll gladly take them off your hands (or if you end up going back, I'd buy more off of you).

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Before I turn to ebay, does anyone here have a loose Kang and Kodos from the Simpsons line that they're looking to unload?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ah. They had a Spider-woman (girl?) as well, but the box was kinda squished.

It was the first time that I have seen them on the shelf. The only other one that looked kinda neat was the Spawn Of Symbiotes (not carnage but the other one).

I'd take Spider-Woman from you if you're able to get her, as long as the figure is ok. :shobon:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Just got Spider-Woman in the mail from STUPID SEXY FLANDERS and I'm tickled with the figure. The paint app is kind of sloppy on the face, but the figure itself looks better in person than it did in pictures! Unfortunately it's going to spur me on to pick up Carnage and at least one of the two Spideys now. :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

If anyone is looking to trade the Kidrobot Street Fighter figures, hit me up via PM. I just picked up an extra Blanka (Pink and Orange)and am looking for anything aside from Evil Ryu. Still have the box and sticker it came in.