Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Pics of all that stuff are up at MarvelousNews.com

Personally, I got excited over the new Marvel muggs (Magneto, Iceman, Unmasked Spidey and Green Goblin), especially with the rumor that the muggs line was being killed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Preorders for S.H. Figuarts Daft Punk just went up.

Thomas Bangalter

Guy Manuel De Homem Christo

44.95 each

SO bought.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Also, they come right off the base, no issue.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I don’t think that’s a bad idea?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Hasbro got toy rights for Overwatch, and LEGO sets are coming.

http://www.figures.com/2018/05/22/hasbro-awarded-overwatch-master-toy-license-lego-sets-also-on-the-way/

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

That Tarkin makes me excited for the rumored line of New Trilogy retro figures.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Only thing that bugs me is no commando head, and it's a convention exclusive meaning if I wanna own it, 💸💸💸.

I think this is going to be similar to like, the SDCC exclusive Sith Trooper, where the packaging + extra accessories were the exclusive, but the figure itself is a preview of the standard version.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Gripweed posted:

Oh hey, there's now a budget option for people who don't want to pay big bucks for the Play Arts figures

Blind box, though, right?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

RevKrule posted:

OMG. Playmates is re-releasing the original 6 as an "SDCC" exclusive.

I don't collect TMNT and haven't followed any of the series for years but the nostalgia factor on this is insane.

I could swear this is the 3rd or 4th time they’ve re-released at the very least, the Turtles, so you might be able to get those other re-releases cheap.

Cool box, though!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

First PulseCon announcement....

Retro 3 3/4" Marvel Legends.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-legends-are-going-old-school-with-retro-packaging-and-figures/1100-6482465/

I think these look really fun.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

radlum posted:

Are Mando Mondays gonna be a regular thing or just today? That was...just OK as new merch to hype up the show; I keep waiting for a Moff Gideon Black Series figure.

Every Monday through the season, apparently.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Captain Magic posted:

All right. I think of this every 18 months or so, and then I find it, but this time I can’t do it. I’m gonna send myself an email or something with the name this time.

There was a toy line that featured (I think) spies or something. It had a vehicle that turned from a motorcycle into a submarine. I think it did the thing where a wheel became a propeller, and the front end closed up. I am pretty sure it was yellow.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

James Bond Jr.

The vehicle was the Subcycle.

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=actionfigure&id=8518&figure=subcycle

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

So, with the HissTank bit, does this mean we should stop reading Toyark / TFW2005 / TokuNation, too?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

TheDK posted:

Well you should still limit your exposure to TFW2005 just because holy gently caress some of those people. Get in, check news and local sightings, and gtfo.

Yeah, I don’t touch any of the forums.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Rhyno posted:

My favorite thing I've seen today is the owner of a certain shop in Maryland bitching about BBTS getting the Power Con exclusives while stores like his are the reason MOTU has stayed alive. This is the same guy who sends hi guys out on massive hunts to grab up every single new release they can get and they routinely double the prices when they put them up for sale. Dude doesn't even order direct, his business is entirely based on lowballing on collections and scalping.

Call this an educated guess - Collectors Corner or Third Eye Comics?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

That is a frankly, stunning piece. The MCU version of Mysterio is one of their best panel-to-screen conversions, and that figure really underlines it.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Justin Ishmael. Former head of Mondo, runs his own company, ISH, now.

I’d imagine these will be of great quality.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I’ve been really impressed by the Netflix version of The Sandman, and I’m wondering if there might be any action figures in the works now that it’s a massive hit. I would love to have a little Tom Sturridge Morpheus on my shelf, along with the several other Morpheus figures I’ve acquired over many years. It occurs to me that McFarlane is licensing stuff from both DC and Netflix, so that’s a natural fit, but they’re also pretty hit and miss with the likenesses of real people. If Hot Toys ever decides to do one, I might actually go for it.

I usually go for more visually interesting characters as a toy collector than “sad guy in a black robe,” but I’m a big fan of both the character and the performance there.

If nothing else, I'd imagine some third party Asian company will release a 1:6 "Nighttime Man" which looks VERY STRONGLY like Tom Sturridge.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Looks to me like it's a repaint + new head sculpt.

Maybe Hush Superman for the body? https://mcfarlane.com/toys/hush-superman-gold-label/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Blackchamber posted:

Went to target to scope out the new turtles and while the website said they had em they didnt have any out.

Regardless looking at them online and the other characters... there hasn't been any pictures of Cynthia Utrom or a toy for her. Are they holding back for a reveal or are we not getting a Krang from this movie? I want my utroms.

They released a bunch of character posters today. Here ya go.

https://twitter.com/TMNTMovie/status/1673345491076038656