Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey action figure thread, I've got some stuff I need help with.

Earlier this year, I went to an annual yard sale I always make sure to go to, and there were these three huge green tupperware bins sitting in a corner. I was like "are those for sale" and they said "yeah, 25 bucks each". For huge tupperware bins that's not bad at all and I needed bins, so I bought them, haggling down to 65 for the three. Except they also were full of stuff. When I walked over to them, one had a sticker saying "GIJOE", one said "HE-MAN", and one said "NERF". Each one was filled to the brim with what their label said. Rifling through the GIJOE bin, I found a couple Go-Bots and a crapload of G1 Transformer weapons, but otherwise it was mostly its namesake. The HE-MAN bin has Castle Grayskull, some red fortress thing almost as big as CGS, like 3 different Battlecats, a Stinkor, and that's about all I recognize. The Nerf bin has a ton of N-STRIKE stuff among other things. I'll get photos of the HE-MAN/NERF stuff later, gotta sort all of it out.

I'm planning on selling the majority of it all, keeping some of the NERF guns, but I'd like some advice. Should I just sell them in big lots, or is there anything in these photos that is actually worth a good bit on its own? I was thinking of selling them in lots of "aircraft/seacraft", "land vehicles", "aircraft bits", "vehicle windshields/canopies", "vehicle bits", "guns", "missiles", and "GIJOE figures". I'm not really looking to nickle and dime my way to huge profit, but rather I'd like to get rid of them to make space, but also get some money as well.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! I'm more of an expert on Transformers stuff, not GIJOE/HE-MAN. I'll get photos up of the non-GIJOE stuff later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Red posted:

For vehicles and parts:

If it were me, I'd try to do some research, and see if I can piece together complete vehicles. They look very clean, and the Cobra Raven will be pretty desirable - so complete or near complete vehicles can be sold individually. You have a lot of good stuff - Rattler, Sky Striker, etc. Then sell off the rest of the incomplete stuff as one or a few lots. One lot will be easiest, but you won't make much - so I'd break it up into some sort of theme, whether by year, color, or Cobra/GI Joe.

You could try to piece out each individual part, and sell them on eBay, but the things would take years to finally sell off.

For figures:

You can probably list the legit Joes individually, and after a little while, bundle the ones that don't sell into one or two lots. The other figures - you'll need to do some research. Could be MASK or something else. For the broken Joes, I think it's worth trying to repair them, as all they need is a new o-ring - though I can see Shadow and Sir Panther have broken crotches. If you don't want to repair them, put them together as a lot of body parts.

Regardless, congrats on a very good haul. Edit: drat, I want a Cobra ASP.

Yeah, I was more meaning like, if there was anything that was a diamond in the rough, so to speak. Like if you had a pile of random-rear end Transformers but in the midst of them was a Jet Vehicon or something, some super rare, but fairly innocuous thing that goes for much more than its associates. Thanks for the tips though, I think I'm planning on keeping it down to less than a dozen lots just to reduce hassle and make it easier to ship them. Might separate the three large planes from the air and sea lot though, and see what bits I can fish out from the other stuff that go to them. An ebay auction with all three with most parts went for 150, it'd be cool if I could get half that for the three of them. That'd pay for the entirety of it all and then some.

Some of the vehicles are in nice shape, while others are pretty busted up, have weapon clips snapped off etc. I'm not really into giving them thorough look-overs to see what shape they're in, they're pretty clearly someone's old toys and were played with, some more than others. I'm mostly just wanting to get rid of them to make space, and maybe make some money for home repairs in the process, but I'm curious what the best way to sort them into lots would be.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 16, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So a bit ago I mentioned in addition to the GIJOE stuff I also got a bin full of HE-MAN and NERF stuff. I know Nerf isn't really action figures but I don't see a general toy thread so here it goes. One of the big green bins I got for $65 combined had this stuff in it. I think I'll store some away for a future kid and sell what I can't fit in a large box. But yeah, holy poo poo, my eyes bugged out when I saw all this stuff.

I doubt it, since I think N-Strike is a new thing(I remember seeing it in stores like a couple years ago) and that's what the majority of this is outside of one non-Nerf gun(the green one) but is there anything particularly valuable in there? Hopefully now that the holiday rush is over I'll have time to sit down and sort out the HE-MAN stuff too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fair enough, I figured as much. Seems like lots of similar sizes go for a couple to a few hundred dollars on Ebay, so I'll get rid of a handful of them and then put the rest in storage. Thanks!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone in this thread happen to have this fella? I'm kinda tempted to get one because scorpions are one of my favorite creepy crawlies and this thing just looks great, but I'm not sure how it feels as a figure, was hoping someone here had first-hand experience. I've had Revoltech stuff before and it's generally of good quality, but that was like a decade ago so I dunno how they are nowadays besides...expensive.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

There's a bunch of reviews of it on Youtube, if that's any help
there's a few yeah, and boy howdy this guy loving hates it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9LPbPr064&hd=1

guess I'll pass on that then. a shame, the smaller legs having zero articulation or even movement from the body itself is kinda shocking for the price, and the non-stock photo look of it isn't flattering.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I watched a review for the Truforce Collectibles Megaman X and decided to pick one up, made an offer on ebay for one and got it for a good bit less than retail, which I'm already happy with. Then I got it and it's basically brand new, everything except the figure/stuff in the plastic insert was still sealed and everything(certain accessories/instructions etc), the figure was even still in the plastic sheet it originally shipped in, dude who owned it before really kept everything in great shape.

I cannot believe how much this figure weighs. He's a bit under 6 inches tall and weighs about eight ounces without accessories! He's packed full of diecast and the paintjob is excellent. Only thing is the arms are a little loose, but the arm cannon can still support at least the backblast + first half of the cannon shot(basically the "lemon" shot) unsupported, but needs a second support arm on the stand to hold the fully charged blast shot. The knees are really goddamn nice and the articulation allows for a full contact calf-to-thigh connection without showing super obvious joints, it's really really nicely done. Feet are absurdly stable and have significant joints allowing for a ridiculous amount of poseability, and the head's got double joints in the neck so he can basically position his head in any way a human normally can.

really happy with this figure, if you like Megaman X and can find one, definitely pick it up especially if it's cheap.

The_Doctor posted:

I don’t get it, is McFarlane Toys short of money?
I work at UPS and cannot loving believe the number of McFarlane Toys boxes we ship, so I'm gonna say they're probably doing alright, but kickstarter is guaranteed money so why the hell not especially in these uncertain times

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
watched a handful of reviews and ultimately was sold on a few items. specifically, the above megaman figure, the planet x mors third party starscream, and the Toy Forge Astrobots. All three of these I found for cheaper than normal(mors was MUCH CHEAPER, though it seems they raised his price from 64% off to about half off) and the Astrobots showed up today.

They're fantastic! the sturdiness, articulation, and stability of these figures is a dream. hell, I grabbed a pen and had one hold it out in their hand like holding out a sword or something and it held it no problem, and didn't fall over from the lopsided weight. they can hold almost any pose you can think of and the fingers even have sturdy joints at the hand connection, allowing for, well, open palm single handstands for example:

if you can find'em for sale, I highly recommend them, I've been sitting here fiddling with them for like 20 minutes now. think I'll break out the gunpla accessory bin and see what sort of ridiculous weaponry they can hold.

edit: looks like they're back in stock at tfsource:

https://tfsource.com/toy-notch/astrobots/a01-apollo/
https://tfsource.com/toy-notch/astrobots/a02-argus/

70 bucks is not bad at all for these guys, they're super high quality and really fun to play with.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 12, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my BBTS order arrived(and was placed on the front step directly under a gutter drain, so the box got totally soaked through, great), got everything out of the boxes and assembled and put in a group real slapdashedly on a table for now. Gonna have to do some reorganizing in my display cases before I can get'em all properly set up so for now have this mess:

all told, was about ~$520 shipped for everything. I haven't bought any random bullshit for myself in a long time, like well over a year now, so I figured I'd splurge a little bit, and got a bunch of stuff I wanted for quite a bit less than the $850 the lot of it cost retail.

edit: I am obviously poo poo at photos and my phone is ancient so the camera is poo poo too, but seriously, that dude in the center of the group is insane. Perfect Effect Xerxes, he is unfortunately sold out now, but good lord what a beefy figure for something so lithe. He weighs like, a solid pound at least, and is packed full of diecast and gorgeous paint apps. The joints are some of the tankiest I've ever handled and he can hold his gigantic, hefty sword straight-armed out horizontally without it drooping. poo poo's nuts. the redesign to be a more technological animal rather than technoorganic is great too, the lion looks like a zoid. this is serious quality and I can't believe I got it so cheap. the stock images show him off much better than I can:

Fuzz posted:

They're actually made by Toy Notch and they are loving awesome. The jet/gun/spider bot pack is coming out soon, as well as Athena and Vulcan!
ah, my mistake. they're really neat, I dunno if I'm ready to pay the price of one of the figures for an accessory kit, but the figures themselves are rad as hell.

Zebulon posted:

Fun story, TruForce basically kickstarted paying Sentinel to design the actual figure for them and manufacture it. Sentinel has revived the line with a Megaman X in falcon Armor Riobot figure after TruForce did a few repaints of the original X figure then admitted they weren't going to get around to that Zero design in the same style. Unfortunately, that does mean paying Sentinel prices, but it's up for pre-order and looks pretty gorgeous. https://www.hlj.com/riobot-rockman-x-falcon-armor-ver-eiichi-simizu-set88042
that's cool. hopefully they do like, Zero, maybe Vile too.

davebo posted:

I knew I had that album.

lol that rules

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 14, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I cannot believe how massive the cloud + bike that comes in the FF7R super deluxe edition is. it's the size of a small dog. like, drat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sigher posted:

Do you have a picture of it set up? This sounds dope as hell.

I did not get one, unfortunately, but Maximilian Dood got...two, because square sent him one. He also got one of the bossest gifts I've ever seen someone get in a mailbag, a custom lenticular poster of aerith, tifa, and cloud, and his reaction is amazing, and the figuarts bit is right after the poster bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbox96S5aGc&hd=1&t=473s

direct link to the figuarts bit if you don't want to watch him lose his mind over the insane poster that I want

(Benny is his dog, and he classifies the bike + cloud as "one benny")

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fuzz posted:

I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of this, this guy made me want to punch him in the face. Why the hell do people subject themselves to that poo poo?
because people like different things, and max is a great, enthusiastic guy. condolences

sigher posted:

gently caress me that's amazing, really god drat nice and not too bad on the price considering what you get. The poster is also sweet as hell too.
Yeah, it's really crazy good quality, the little things like the flip up display on the front of the bike is so pointless but neat. I dunno why it had to be so gigantic though, they could've made it half the size and people probably still would've gone apeshit for it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

Oh hey, there's now a budget option for people who don't want to pay big bucks for the Play Arts figures

I love it :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
not sure if this'd be the thread for it, but I just went through my memory box to reorganize it, see if I could get rid of some extraneous stuff or compress it down a bit and put some new stuff in, and found this fella in there.

I've had this guy since I was too young to remember, always loved the amount of chrome gold all over it and obviously the GIANT GOLD SAWBLADE ON A VINE-ARM-THING appealed a lot to my young self's love of stupid awesome vehicle attachments, plus all the various guns and missiles you can put on the ports all over the vehicle. Had no idea what it was until a few years ago when someone happened to post a commercial for "Wheeled Warriors", and OBVIOUSLY this guy's name is SAWBOSS, because of course it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXl_wX9hJkc

anyways, it's a cool little thing, definitely gonna keep it, maybe put it in my misc figures shelf, unfortunately the plastic on the vine thing is starting to deteriorate.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

Also, I absolutely love this figure of Michelangelo wearing Batman’s cowl. :kimchi:

good deku, you look kind of cool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
he's from the pixar adaptation of my hero academia. just needs a big schnoz to complete the look.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know nothing about She-Ra, is that axe supposed to double as a comb

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CapnAndy posted:

Literally the only thing I have heard of, yes. Is it really the only option? Part of the reason I was asking is that it seemed so odd I could only find the one choice. There's gotta be a market for this, right? Is everyone using Ikea?
as someone with six detolfs(rhyno can probably attest to them as well, surely he's posted his shot of The Room before in this thread), they're fantastic, easy to assemble, sturdy, and can hold everything short of Fortress Maximus. And even then he'll fit if you remove one of the shelves.

one technique I use for mine is using the boxes of figures as shelving. it works surprisingly well for a lot of small-to-medium sized boxes. :v:

I don't have a recent shot of all the detolfs currently since I'm in the middle of major cleaning/reorganizing furniture/going through literally every box in my room so it's a goddamn mess, but here's some old posts showing detolfs in action and a post with some stepped display shelves that fit perfectly in each detolf space and are great for action figures and dirt cheap:

Captain Invictus posted:

Man these Detolfs are great. Can't wait for the stepped shelving to show up so I can more visibly display some of them though, and possible put even more in.

Displayed as such, horizontally:

MP carbots, MP01 Optimus/PG RX-78 and dudes, "heavy firepower" guys(Skids, movie Hound, Roadblock, etc)

Master Grade-scale SRW model kits, Leader-class TFs and dudes, TF dudes

SRW gunpla, TF dudes, TF dudes

Gundam gunpla, bootleg transforming toys and a Lego MOC I made, AOE Dinobots + Evasion Prime

(random stuff on the top, Dogs Playing Poker, Figma Samus, Revoltech Megatron, some actually-playable custom artwork Bad Atari Games made by a goon, gangster Michelangelo with a shotgun + uzi, Troll Raphael, a weird light-up translucent blue lawn gnome a friend gave to me)

Captain Invictus posted:

Sure.

Megatron is excited to see you.

Captain Invictus posted:

Got the display shelves and they're pretty awesome. Definitely makes things more visible, for sure. Rearranged a few dudes as well.

It was these shelves, they're two bucks off each on amazon, too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036OQU56?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

but also I went digging for this post just for you so BE GRATEFUL:

catch22 posted:

New display case!

it cost him $600 in the end. Pretty good display case, but also, that's 10 Detolfs instead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, gently caress it. Ikea does curbside pickup and driving half an hour to get there sounds like a nice time right now. Guess I'll get me some detolfs.
poo poo, only a half hour? the one closest to me is like an hour and a half. I guess if it's that close you could pick just one up and see how you feel about it.

there's also this method of just laying them on their side and stacking them(with optional strip lights), don't put the small shelves in obviously, and then you've got a nice long single glass rectangle display case. I'm definitely thinking of doing that, and buying some hardware to modify it so they're all connected along the side via metal scaffolding so that they're seriously sturdy and reinforced, plus wall mounts.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you can get a combiner wars devastator for a reasonable price, it's a phenomenal figure combined. Individually, the constructicons are....okay.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
how are revoltechs nowadays? I've got a whole bunch of the ones from early on, the last one I ever bought was when the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann came out, which was like 20-30 bucks I think? that all might is triple the price, so are they aiming for figma quality now, or are they still subpar compared to figma?

like, for 20-30 bucks this was a fantastic figure:

but as neat as the joints were, the sockets would very quickly become loose and the revoltech joint pegs wouldn't hold firm anymore(particularly wrists when holding large weapons directly outward, the revoltech joint would stay strong but the peg holes themselves would get loose), so have they dramatically increased the quality of pretty much everything in the figures now?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Fuckin armored 90's Daredevil

I absolutely love that somehow, Electro's stupid-rear end zappy star mask has endured through the ages even to this day.

even when he doesn't have it, he still does, like it's tattooed on his bald fuckin head AND there's an optional original head like this figure

Nanigans posted:

Surprised no one has mentioned these:

that's supposed to look like he's swinging the hammer really fast, right? I get what they were going for, but it just kinda looks like a weird wagon wheel shield or something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Oh yeah that would be an easy buy.

So, we had water leak into the basement where my hobby room is. And it's going to be a huge mess to repair. And after much discussion we've decided that this house has been a huge headache. The positives (like the basement) just don't outweigh the negatives anymore (quite a few) so we've decided to sell and find the "perfect" home. Packing this poo poo up is a huge undertaking and I'm already over it.

transform all your bots and pack'em nice and neatly into a couple of boxes. I did that with all my combiner wars stuff and it reduced their overall size by like 50%.

I know that's not really possible with your gargantuan collection, but then again, how often do you transform everything, anyways? :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
nws or at least thumbnail that poo poo

https://twitter.com/ziskaschuler/status/1263813677209325568

this sounds extremely like they've made just the one donation and all the sales are now profit for funko pop, not charity

which, basically,

https://twitter.com/MidisMikey/status/1263814038921805824

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Thanks man, we've already started and found quite a few options that fit our needs. Just gotta get this place cleaned up and on the market.
you might've already found your dream place, but one thing I definitely have noticed living in the same place most of my life, is pay attention to the elevation of where you live. our house happens to be on a slightly elevated section of the neighborhood, so when there was a horrific rainstorm and flood that submerged a handful of houses down the road nearly completely, the like 7 foot difference leads to a small hill where the water would eventually flow out into a significant river system. That means that short of The End Times flood levels, we'll never get more than 6 inches flooding in our basement before it flows downhill, compared to just four houses down the road who got near-total submersion of the entire house since they're in what is almost a bowl-section of the neighborhood. that six inches is still terrible of course, but, well, I know someone who has a basement with a ladder hatch access door and after a significant storm they opened the hatch to be greeted by water right up to underneath the hatch, it's a blessing to only have to worry about minor flooding.

so, definitely consider like, where water will flow during hurricanes and torrential downpours in the surrounding location when getting a house. I'm sure you have especially now, but still, the geography of the location where water naturally flows is definitely something to keep an eye on.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

https://twitter.com/FranJoestar/status/1265119926756560904

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

So that's why they hadn't shown them off yet, it's the new Necron Warriors design and Assault Primaris Marines coming with the new Edition that was just announced!
gimme a beakie and I'll be interested.

interesting to see actual official warhammer 40k action figures after SO LONG of refusing to make them when they would obviously be a huge cash cow, because they feared it would harm the miniature business.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Davros1 posted:

The Lego thing was "Don't advertise the police sets on Tuesday." Now the Tues is over, they can go back to promoting them.
it's worse than doing nothing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endless Mike posted:

They also donated money, so they actually did something.

But I agree this is a dumb thing.
yeah I dunno if they'd announced that when the news broke of the temporary pull down, but still, there are way too many loving cop lego sets period. there was an article about how if you put all the lego city sets together over the years it'd be a severe police state with almost no housing outside of jails

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

Are they gonna do the Predators from Justice League vs Predator where the Predators got Justice League powers?

I have a single issue of some aliens dc crossover where apokalips bred Xenomorphs and unleashed them on the good guy god planet, whatever it was, smuggling facehuggers in via ships full of parasitized slaves iirc

Crossovers can be pretty wild sometimes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in conclusion,

NEEEERRRRRRRDDD

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

God yes. Have a blue helmet with red parts maybe? But it just looks like he's grabbed the wrong helmet in a hurry out the door.

EDIT:

Also true. I GUESS.
another thing is that the "blue armor, red helmet for sergeants" thing was really obvious during 2nd edition when ultramarines were the most prominent chapter by far, and also was the "blood red paint(literally the specific paint's name) on loving EVERYTHING" era, so the red helmets blended in more seamlessly when your squads looked like this:

(I believe this is our very own goon SRM's work and not a different one!)

I loving love the goofy, colorful style of 2nd edition 40k minis. also apparently at some point games workshop just said gently caress it and started making truescale space marines instead of the relatively dumpily-proportioned ones they've always made?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 15, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Could they not be cringeworthy for five goddamn seconds

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

Oh dude. The true scale marines aren't truescale marines. They're a new thing, Primaris Space Marines. It turns out, before Guilliman was mortally wounded by Fulgrim he secretly ordered the Archmagos Dominus Belisaurius Cawl to come up with improvements to Space Marines. Thousands of years later, Cawl and the servants of the new Eldar god of the dead Ynnead were able to heal Guilliman's fatal wound. At which point Cawl was like, "oh yeah I finished that thing you asked me to do. Awhile ago, actually. I got like thousands of new better Space Marines in stasis. You want them?"

So both the new Space Marines and the old dumpy ones are running around now. Although of course they haven't made a new old Marine kit since the Primaris Marines were released. Basically the Space Marine range was too big to replace all in one go, and they didn't want to risk pissing off players by telling them to replace all their old dudes, so they came up with the Primaris lore to justify new Space Marine kits that are closer to human proportions without squatting the old ones.

For about half your post I thought this was gonna turn into an age of sigmar-esque thing but eh, that sounds fine enough, I will accept that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Djarum posted:

I was completely sold until I read it needs 4 C batteries.... in 2020. Like could they not put a rechargeable battery in this loving thing? For a premium collectible it seems like a very weird and odd choice to make.
Just get some eneloops with c size holsters I guess

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

I’m sorry, I don’t know what that is?
They're psychopaths on a doxxing website who exist to harass and cause misery for others

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah so it's kind of like this site but with less domestic abuse.
no

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

gently caress I have to get this. The goddamn boxart is gorgeous. :stwoon: GIJoe: Miami Heat

I totally missed that it's "profit director" destro. incredible.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
While not action figures per se, here's an interesting thing lego is doing that might interest some folks here

ixnay posted:

There’s a new line just announced, “LEGO Art”:

https://brickset.com/article/52230/introducing-lego-art

$120 sets that make 48x48 pictures and include frame parts and wall hanging. Each set has multiple designs (so you can buy them 3 or 4 times to make the full set)

Iron man, Star Wars, the Beatles, and Warhol

It's interesting. I'm tempted by the Warhol and iron man ones, and I know a few people who would probably love the Beatles one as a gift.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really wish I had had the money at the time to back unicron, I want that sucker badly.