Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
A couple of pages back you guys were talking about the Ghostbusters particle thrower being made...

I am not much of a collector but I would throw down some dough for one of those. Is this one of those things you have to buy a subscription in order to get? 'Cause I might not be up for that. If it is just a preorder or 'buy on release' thing, I am in for sure. The only info I could find about a date is "Fall 2013."

Could somebody fill me in on how this works?

Thanks! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The Rage posted:

All their releases are subject to that stupid "could sell out to subscribers early!" But judging by how the goggles went it'll be just a regular release in December. They moved it back from fall so watch Matty after Nov. for their next sale details, usually around the 15th of each month.

Thanks for the info. :)

Is there a certain site/twitter/RSS that's best?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

DrChud posted:

They are going all out with stuff.

Looks a little short for a Stormtrooper.

:downsrim: Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
FWIW, in Turtles in Time each turtle had an alternate skin tone. Maybe they'll make those with a wider release.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Guy Goodbody posted:

According to google, 1,300,000 yen is roughly 12 thousand dollars. and 1600 mm is a little over five feet

The original model was like 40ft.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was hoping somebody could clue me in on something. Apparently Hasbro has the 'master' Ghostbusters license now.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hasbro-produce-ghostbusters-toys-starting-2020-1233451

Legos are my main nerd hobby.Does this rule out any lego sets coming out tied into the new movie? I don't know how toy licensing works.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

No, Lego could still do sets if their licence is still active. Hasbro also has the master toy licence for Star Wars, but Lego still make SW sets.

Sweet. Fingers crossed for another Ecto 1.

Though the new 'Hidden Side' is too close for a hole line.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Daaaaaaang.

That's loving awesome.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Are the Walmart GB trap and PKE meter the best bang for the buck GB accessories?

I've got both and for the price they are great. I'd have worn them out if I had them as a kid. The cycling on the PKE meter would be more fun if you could control it. The lights and sounds on the trap are pretty weak, but the motorized opening doors are rad. I modded the PKE meter to get rid of the dumb belt clip on the back, and I'm working on the trap.

I'm almost finished with a build based on Anovos's proton pack and Rabid Prototypes electronics kit. I've wanted a full sized, film accurate pack for 30 years, and I'm almost there. I was hoping to have it finished by the release of the new movie this summer, but...

I've got the 2013 Mattel Neutrino wand that I'm willing to part with if somebody is interested. This upcoming one is based on the upcoming movie and has some 'mods' to the original that I'm not nuts about.

deoju fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 28, 2020

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

FYI the Walmart ones are the exact same ones at Spirit. So if you can’t find them, try spirit. And if they’re too pricey, wait until the day after Halloween. Or wait until the day before they close.

Heads up, when Spirit first had them a year or two ago the trap was operated by a push button an the handle. Not motorized, no pedal. The one I got from walmart a few months ago has the motor and pedal. Not sure if Spirit now carries that version. Just check the box.

The PKE Meters are the same as far as I can tell, except for the packaging.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Pretty disappointed the Harkonnens aren't gingers in this one.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Give us $900 1/6 scale Exosquad figures

Just had a flashback. It was the day after my birthday party and I got this fucker as a present. Couldn't figure out how to fire the missiles, then nearly blinded myself fiddling with the wings.

deoju fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 26, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Gonna get all those for sure. My mom refused to by me Fearsome Flush as a kid because, "it encourages toilet humor."

I actually just posted my lego version of Ray's bookstore in that thread. Here's the album if you are interested...

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Dunno when or where this comes from but it cracked me up.
https://twitter.com/PeteFighter/status/1399547757367644162?s=19
Maybe all of you have seen it before.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Blackchamber posted:

Saw Homelander and Starlight and the animated Batman grapplegun at Walmart. The likeness on Homelander looked off to me. Did grab the grapplegun though. I thought these were supposed to be released on father's day.
The grapple gun is coming out Father's Day? I've been wanting one of those for 25 years...

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
What is the best way for me to get my hands on that Batman TAS grapnel without paying a scalper? I read it is temporarily exclusive to Wal-Mart, but it doesn't show up in their normal inventory on their website. We'll it eventually show up their to either ship or pick up in store? I'm not super keen on the idea of stopping by multiple times a week to check the shelves either.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This poo poo’s gonna be expensive and impossible to get and all I want is the Ponda Boba.

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1413348487794675714?s=21

It'll be an arm... and a leg.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Edit: I don't think these will be hard to find, I was looking for Masterverse and saw these

So this was in the toy section? The chia pets too? That seems weird. Somebody on Reddit said that they found it in the electronic section.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I've been looking in the wrong place. :doh: thanks for the info.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Ordered. Thanks for the link. :)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The Real Ghostbusters cartoon also pulled kids in. It ran until 91, and probably as reruns for a few years after that.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
After 4 years of working on it, and 30+ years of wanting one, I've just about completed my baby.

And the rest of the kit...

Super happy with it. Just waiting for my phone to ring. ;)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

gregday posted:

What’s the source on that pack and trap? I’ve been looking to replace my modded Matty Collector trap with a more accurate one and yours looks aces.
The pack is mostly the kit Anovos used to sell, I had to make more than a few mods and replacements though.

The trap is actually one of the Ruby's Costumes ones. I took it apart completely, repainted it, removed a bunch of pieces and replaced them with the real things. The knobs, heat sink, transistor, indicator light, etc. I also covered up lots of areas with 1/8" plastic sheet to hide seams and make it look less like a toy. The real pedal was mostly made from off the shelf parts cobbled together. I just recreated it. The site gbfans.com has tons of helpful info and they sell some of the harder to source stuff. Still tinkering with getting lights/sounds/smoke from the trap.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

All you need is a pair of goggles and you are set! Beautiful work!
Oops! I forgot to get those out of the closet. I've got the Mattycollector ones.

Vintersorg posted:

That GB pack is sick. Cool stuff!!
:shobon:
Thanks!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Open Marriage Night posted:

You wouldn't happen to be in Michigan, would you?
Oh, I forgot to reply to this post. I'm in Wisconsin. I haven't really looked into joining any groups. Could be fun though.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Only my super rich friends had Playmobil toys as kids, I wonder how much that Enterprise costs... :stare:

$500

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
A few years ago there was a Playmobil ship that included a dark skinned figure with a metal collar that could be placed in a caged compartment below decks.:wtc:

I'm too lazy to rehost an image so here is a link.
https://www.diversityinc.com/mom-outraged-by-slave-cuff-for-toy-figurine/

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

Lol, ok, didn’t see that coming. Up for pre-order now on Pulse.

:homebrew:

Seriously need to unsubscribe from this thread before I go broke.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I might finally get my first marvel legends...
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/174703

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Jet Ready Go posted:

OH MY GOD.. my dream came true. There's FINALLY a Lego Batman Movie Tumbler available at a price point ($40) and scale (uhh... smaller?) that I can afford to put in my apartment.

https://amzn.to/3yVVpDn

AND its gonna come out as soon as October? I can't... wait.. to put this together.

There's a 66 Batmobile on shelves now. 30$
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/batman-classic-tv-series-batmobile-76188
There was a rad 89 batmobile, but it was limited edition and goes for $100 or so.
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019...tmobile-review/

There's a lego thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3328496
Join us.:unsmigghh:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

gregday posted:

Ghost trap

Looks great.

The problem with the quick connects is that they are for air pressure, not electricity. You could feed wire through it if you drilled them out, it then you'd loose the ability to disconnect them easily. I suppose you could also try to set up some sort of air pressure sensitive button, but that's beyond me. I've been thinking of using a Bluetooth dongle with an arduino board for mine.

If you want to add more color, you can paint the bars on the left side. They are silver in gb2, but red in the original. I think they are yellow in one shot in the montage scene, the shot where Ray says, "stand aside, please."

I've got a pattern somewhere for the leather part of belt mount for the v-clip, I could probably find it if you are interested. You can see it on Peter's belt in the scene where Winston gets hired. For the actual bracket I used two layers of 1/8" aluminum stuck together with epoxy. To attach it to the leather I used short flat head bolts on the outward facing side side and Chicago screws on the inside.

It's strange, the pedal itself has no mount. The red and yellow hoses are just looped over the traps handle, at least in the hotel scene.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Nice. I hadn't even thought of putting aluminum stuff on mine.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I just got my Batman TAS Grapnel Gun. It looks great, but the string is really short. From the end of the claw to the back of the handle, its only 40" long. It especially sucks because the firing mechanism could fire it a lot further. I'd kinda like to extend the string, but I don't know it would effect the reeling-in feature. Maybe I'll know more once I get the weird rear end batteries it takes.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'd love a 6" Raiders Indy...

and while the sculptors are at it, a 6" Rick Deckard (2019 version)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
"You truly belong here with us among the clouds.”

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I have no interest in Space Raylan.

Give me Space Bullock.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

gregday posted:

Got the perfect accessory for my 1/6 Egon

That's a big small Twinke.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm in for ghost Egon.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Winston is the best Ghostbuster. Just a working stiff looking to bring home the bacon, ends up saving the world a few times. No big deal.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Sentinel Red posted:

Saving the world for $11,500 a year.

Even as a kid with no clue about wages or the cost of living halfway across the world, I knew that was some outrageous bullshit.

Well, he's cannonically rich now so good for him. When the sequel was announced I thought it'd be fun if he or Janine would be in charge of the business because they took an ownership stake instead of a raise. He did seem interested in restoring Ecto 1 at the end of the movie, so maybe he'll be the money man to revitalize the business if there's a fourth movie.

Part of the idea was supposed to be that they had a lot in common with janitors. Just here to clean up the town.

Winston talking about the end of the world in Ecto 1 does tread pretty closely to the magical negro trope, which is kind of uncomfortable. But I love him, so I can handle it.

deoju fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

I know there are Ghostbusters collectors in this thread, but does anyone actually want to buy this?

So this is gonna be a Target exclusive available on the 28th. What's the best way to get it? Can I order online at 12:01am CST and pick up at my local store when they open? Or do I just have to be there when they open the doors?