Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
The Punisher Mighty Muggs are out in full force in Illinois. He was actually the first Mugg that I ever bought, I mean, you just can't pass him up; he's got alot of charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Jet Ready Go posted:

I would love a Domino in the 3.75 scale. ( Really all of the new X-Force.) Batroc, however, better not make it.

I like the characters that always have a poo poo-load of weaponry; I can't wait to make a little weapon cache display for Punisher and Deadpool. I've always wanted to do that with the 6" line, but it's nigh-on impossible to find weapons in that size.

In 3.75, however, those things are super easy/cheap to find.

Also, I'll be able to more feasibly make an Iron Man armory. Always wanted to do that, too, but the size was somewhat of an issue. (Also I'm kinda lazy about it.)

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Stage of History posted:

I found Marvel Universe figures today (minus Iron Man) today.
Verdict? I still don't like the scale.

Where?

Also, I ordered myself MU Deadpool and Gambit off of HTS today. The rest of the Wolverine figs look pretty pointless, character-wise. (Except maybe Maverick for him being an oddball character.)

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, the big box retailers often don't give a poo poo about street dates for toys.

Yeah, Meijer has 'em out in full force. I picked up some of them, and so far, only the Variant Human Torch (clear-plastic fire one) and X-force Wolverine are decent. Punisher's okay, but Bullseye and (both) Iron Man are crap. Iron man's really loose and Bullseye has a terrible paint job and can't even hold his knife without the wrapping on.

Maybe they'll work out the kinks in upcoming waves.

Also, that Fury Files site doesn't work. WTF?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
It's like they took a Mugg and said "okay, how can we change this just enough so we don't get sued."

I would love to see the turtles as an official Muggs, though (not gonna happen, I know).

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Bushifox posted:

See how stupid I am. I thought they made ML sized GI Joes while I wasn't looking.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, too. It's weird, the MU guys are just a smidge larger than the Joes. Very disappointing IMO.

It seems to me that it would be more profitable to make it the exact same scale and maybe reuse some parts from various Joe molds. (Especially the guns.)

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

RKOMG! posted:

I've got Deadpool and Gambit standing on my desk. The Gambit's surprisingly nice; Deadpool has trouble holding aaaaanything with one of his hands and one of his hip joints was painted freaking over. It's kind've a doofy line, all things considered.

Anyway, my store has them, and we don't have, uh, much. Deadpool seems to be the shortpack, though.

Glad I ordered mine from HTS then. I have yet to see either in the wild, though. So far, I've only seen brown, blue/yellow, and wife-beater Wolvy.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 28, 2009

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Saw the new wave of Marvel Universe figs the other night. Cap looks (surprisingly) pretty good, but Iron Fist and especially grey Gulk looked like poo poo. Hulk's hair wasn't even completely painted; it was like they did one pass with a brush and that was it.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Dunno if this was mentioned already or if anyone care, but TRU has the Iron Man 2 figures out.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Yeah, I picked up War Machine and Stealth Armor yesterday and these are leagues better than the original (in the case of Stealth Armor) or really most of the line up until now. I can pretty much count on one hand the number of decent, if not good, figures to come out in the universe/movie lines.

I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like Hasbro is getting better with the 3.75 Marvel lines. Not good, but certainly better .

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Son of a bitch... :argh:

I got the comic style iron man armor one, and it is a royal pain in the rear end to get the "blast off" stand to actually, you know, stand.

I wish they had made it so you could just clip his damned feet to it. That little peg for his foot is complete crap :saddowns:

Also pissed he is completely looking down, with no way to crank his head up.

I don't get this. Some of the figures have the fully posable head (Extremis Iron Man), while others can only look side to side (most of the MU line). Is it due to the complexity of the molds or just a cost-saving measure?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

RevKrule posted:

Mattel's SDCC offerings: http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/04/mattel-comic-con-exclusives-announced-on-attack-of-the-show

Plasticman actually sounds like he could be awesome.

Oh yeah. I don't usually buy DC figures outside of the occasional Batman, but that Plasticman is pretty drat cool. I absolutely love that interchangeable parts idea.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

Scoured two Wal-Marts today for the Iron Man 6" figures, absolutely nothing. Not even a space for them, or pegs, or price tags, anything.

Phoenix has been a goddamn wasteland for a lot of new stuff lately. We get the DCUC figures, like, several weeks after everyone else does, and despite reports that the new Star Wars comic packs are out at Target and the last Star Wars Legacy Series figures are out now, I've checked multiple Targets, Wal-Marts, and TRUs and come up totally dry.

My area's like this too. I finally found one War Machine and Mark V 6" after checking six Walmarts over the course of three days. The one's I found were simply laid on the shelf with no peg in site.

I only picked up the War Machine but drat is he awesome.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

When did you finally find him? Maybe they just haven't trickled out here in Phoenix yet or something, I dunno. I mean, I wouldn't feel so bad if the 6" ones literally JUST came out and maybe they'll hit here over the next week or so. If they've been out for a few weeks and Phoenix is still retarded then that's something different. :saddowns:

There's another Wal-Mart I'm going to try tomorrow after work, otherwise I'll wait a day or two and re-check them all again I guess. :sigh:

loving Flagstaff stocked new stuff better than major metro Phoenix does. It's not like I'm living in some podunk town in the middle of nowhere here.

I found him Monday. I'm in Illinois, BTW.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

So I got a couple of the little 3" Iron Man 2 figures and I really can't figure out what to do with the "armor cards".
Like, I get that rearranging them between armors creates a different letter/number code along the right side. So I guess you can "build" armors with different stats and attributes, and the alphanumeric code would reflect the combination you made?
The thing is, the https://www.ironmancard.com URL printed on the armor cards just redirects to Marvel.com and I can't find a place to actually use them or anything. :saddowns:

I was confused on this too. I googled it and the consensus seems to be that it's coming but the website just isn't live yet. Maybe next week or something.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Marvel Select Iron Man/War Machine. They don't look as good as the Wal-Mart 6 inchers.

The Marvel Select War Machine doesn't even have half of the detail of even the 3.75 inch version, I'd say. He doesn't have any of the markings or even the ammo feed belt.

He's still neat looking, but I agree, he doesn't hold a candle to the 6 inch version. (And not quite worth the $20 I paid for him at my LCBS.)

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Fish Of Doom posted:

I love this Iron Man. He's really really shiny, has great head articulation, and actually looks good on that weird blast off base that came with the other Iron Man.

Him and Thor are some of the best ones out of MU so far. (Even though my Extremis Iron Man had one of his calves backwards. Luckily the plastic is soft and it was easily fixed.)

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Sleeper Pimp posted:

I am going to sell off a huge lot of my action figures that are collecting dust in my garage. The problem is I don't know the best place to put them up at. It's mostly loose Marvel Legends, some of the earlier Revoltech figures and a few misc figures. Does anyone have any good ideas?

I'm actually looking to do the same, but I'm wondering if now is a good time. I mean, I have a poo poo-ton of figures (lots of variants and BAFs too but most figs are opened), but looking on ebay most auctions for similar items have 0 bids. Kinda disheartening.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 15, 2010

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Meh... King Shark I guess... I'll just pretend he's a street shark. Jawsome and all that :v:

Good lord that brings back memories. My favorite was always Moby Lick.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Fish Of Doom posted:

I'd say the best MU figure so far is a toss up between Thor, Extremis Ironman, Ultron, Juggernaut, and wave 8 Colossus. At least those are the ones that really impressed me. The worst is still Human Torch or Punisher from wave 1.

Deadpool and Iceman from the Wolverine series were pretty drat good, and I'd say a lot of the Iron Man 2 figs are great as well.

But yeah, Thor is probably one of the best to come out of this line.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So, dunno if this was posted already, but Walmart is clearencing out a bunch of the Marvel Legends waves for $5 each. I got the entire Toy Biz throwback wave for $30.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Fuzz posted:

SALE!

I'll take offers, let's just only talk shipped, I don't want to have to deal with extra hassle. North America, ideally.

There's also a Batman TAS Expressions Pack not pictured.

All sets are basically complete barring the Avengers triple, which I'm keeping the Coulson from. If you want his huge gun, can include that into the box with the rest.

For the loose stuff, if it's facing left it's a left side piece, if right then it's a right side. Also have a Red Skull Abomination head that's not pictured.
For any figures that come with a BAF piece that's also shown, let me know and I can just complete the box. I forget what goes with what.

Once the X-Men wave comes out, I'll have some nore figures to sell since I'm getting the full case to make the BAF.

I also have a Jugg wave Cable, but can't find the smaller gun. Still trying to track it down, but if rather not sell it incomplete.

Edit 2: that's the Civil War Black Panther body in the fodder pile.

Edit 3: Also have a v1 Rocket Raccoon with both guns. MCU version.

So Iron Skull does have his unmasked head? If so, how much shipped to 50023?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Fuzz posted:

That one I don't have. Grabbed it online off a guy that said he had pulled the BAF. He then tried to claim that head was part of the BAF, which sucked. I ended up being the long coat Red Skull for way too much to finally have an actual Red Skull figure. :smith:

If you still want it... I dunno, $8 loose?

Maybe like 28 shipped? It's in the box and complete except I can't find the batarang, which is egregious, I'm aware. I'll keep looking for it and would have said like 30 otherwise, but yeah, I'd feel terrible if I couldn't find it. As a warning, the figure doesn't like deep dynamic poses... hence why it fell and the batarang is now lost in my living room somewhere.

I'll pass then. Thank you anyways.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Rhyno posted:

The Chosen Prime (excellent seller) has the X-Men wave up fro $155 and free shipping.

http://www.thechosenprime.com/MarvelLegendsXmenW3

I love their rewards system. I had $20 built up so the Apocalypse wave was only $134.99.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Louisgod posted:

Have stuffs for sale:

Apocalypse wave figures have only had their BAF pieces removed. Wolverine still has his. Apocalypse Toybiz BAF has a glued left leg (figure is notorious for this) but otherwise is in great shape.

Is Agent Venom complete and still available? If so, how much shipped to 50023?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

Hey remember that Neko Busou thing with the cat figurines and weaponized cat carriers? My HLJ order came in the mail, and I obviously didn’t understand what I was actually paying for because I thought I was ordering a set of one each of the 4 basic boxes, and instead I received a case that has two each. I don’t need the second set, so I figured I’d give you guys first dibs before it goes to eBay.

Let’s say... $15 + shipping for the set of four?

Pm sent.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Speaking of Veers, has anyone else had trouble getting the little peg on his vest belt to actually stick? It’s almost like the belt thing isn’t long enough because it just pops back off.

It’s a great figure aside from that.

Yeah, mine doesn't want to stay pegged either.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Starting today, Target has a coupon for 25% off any toy. Text TOY to 827438, or just use this:

http://target.bc5.mobi/cb/access/crp/a3G7e4jlFeYV/oar.jsp?p=I9BNSV2H1WMN-11HTFOC1

And with the Redcard you get 30%. Picked up a Black Series Gamoran Guard for about $22.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

The weirdest thing happened today. I stopped by a Gamestop, and I found on the shelf a Professor X. I bought it.

I have a pre-order through GS, at that exact same store. I guess they didn't plan on fulfilling my order.

This happened to me with the Jump trooper. I asked them why they didn't tell me my pre-order was in and they blamed it on a recent change in managers.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Louisgod posted:

Last chance on all this stuff before I bring it to a local resell shop.

That X-Force Wolverine is the new one, right? How much for him shipped to 50023?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Louisgod posted:

Yup. $15 shipped?

That is a fair price but I'm gonna have to pass. The paycheck wasn't as big today as I thought it'd be...

Thank you anyway!

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don’t think NECA has the license to do any monsters who aren’t Big-G himself unless they’re from the Legendary movies. It’s a shame too, because I’d easily snap up a whole line of Showa and Heisei villains given that the only other option in that scale is either cheapo vinyl toys with no articulation or the insanely expensive SH Monsterarts line.

Dang, I'd love a Neca Hedorah.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Good to know!

I'm looking to get some cheaper alternatives to the tamashii nations stands. Any suggestions?

Oh, also some clear shelf risers for detolfs, if there's any particularly good ones?

While not totally clear (more of a frosted clear), I love these:

https://www.target.com/p/plastic-bathroom-tray-made-by-design-153/-/A-53308542

They stack well, are subtle, and are only $1.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Louisgod posted:

Thanks! Put in a preorder.

Same. That figure looks amazing.

Also, picked up Rulk at Target today. He's cool and all but yeah, dunno why people are freaking out over him.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So Google was no help on this and I figured I'd try you guys. I saw someone (I can't remember who) do a head swap putting Black Series Wedge's head on Solo movie Han's body. I think this looks cool and wanted tondonkt myself. However, it appears the heads might not both use the standard ball joint, but I don't want to potentially ruin them trying to find out. Anyone here with any experience removing either of those two figure's heads have any insight?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Are you sure it wasn’t Cassian’s body? I’ve seen pics floating around of that swap.

It looked like Solo Han's body. Brown jacket and blue pants. I'll have to dig out my Cassian and check it out. I've always liked Wedge's character, but to me the flight suit is too situational of an outfit and I'd love to have him in casual clothes.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Kingtheninja posted:

That sounds like the young Han figure. I think they only did one cassian figure and he's wearing a blue coat.

The Cassian I have is from the three pack with Jyn and the Death trooper.

I did figure it out. While they both are indeed ball joint connectors in the head portion, Han's connector is also a ball joint inside the neck whereas Wedge is the old back/forth rocker joint.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How are the shipping rates to the US? Similar to amiami or hlj?

Depending on the price it's free shipping and gets to you in about three days. It's amazing how fast the Amazon.jp stuff arrives.

Edit: The above is pre-pandemic. Dunno about the speed now.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Does anyone here have any of the ML-style Power Rangers line that came out recently? I’ve been playing this godawful MMPR fighting game but it’s making me just nostalgic enough to buy a $20 figure out of boredom.

I have the White Ranger and Lord Drakkon. Both are solid figures with excellent articulation and good alternative hands/heads, as well as some small "effect" pieces.

FYI: Be careful on Lord Drakkon. I have yet to see one with good all around paint apps. All the ones I've seen have had the helmet messed up in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I have a play arts Arkham City 70s Batman and while it looks good by itself, it's such a weird scale that (IMO) it looks odd on the shelf next to everything else.

I've been trying to sell it for a while now and no one seems to want it either.