Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Stage of History posted:

Edit. Anyone want two packs cheap? Check out Wal Borg.
Free shipping with site to store on most.

Whoa, great deal. I was able to get the Cap/Fury pack shipped to store, and a $5 Indy Mugg shipped to my house. For whatever reason, shipping a Mugg costs just $0.97

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Stage of History posted:

Found the Iron Men from the first set, still probably going to return them.
So get em while they're hot!
I'm hoping to do a big update this weekend of what I still have left to sell. I got a basement and garage full of crap and some school loans/cc debt to finish off.

Does this include the Wal-Mart Exclusive War Machine?

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Anyone have recommendations for/places to buy something to make action figures stand up? I can find a million sorts of stands apparently made just for Star Wars figures, but I need a solution that will work for a variety of figures.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Stage of History posted:

Those aren't a bad deal since shipping is more reasonable now. Shipping is only $6. But if someone wants to buy a ton and distribute them, that might not be a bad idea either.
Want me to order a ton? Does this make any sense?

I guess it would depend on how many we could get in/the savings therein. I've got 11 figs just on my desk right now (though some are more stable than others), so I'd need 2 bags full as is.

fake edit: Crap, I was hoping McFarlane would have some actual figure I could get to make shipping worth it, but they don't have ANY of the large-scale military figures.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Since I don't even know where to look for figure rumors, does anyone have any info on Battlestar figures yet to come? There's still some serious gaps, and with the series at an end...

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

The Rage posted:

Have any of you purchased the BSG figures? Are they worth getting at all? I really only want a Lee Adama and Admiral Adama figures in their dress blues.

Totally worth the usual $15 they're priced at. My ONLY complaint is that some figures (Six) don't stand up AT ALL, and I cannot find action figure footpeg stand thingys ANYWHERE, except McFarlane who wants too much for shipping.

Anyway, dress uniform Apollo is out (in a 2-pack with Dualla), but Adm. Adama has been pushed back to August for whatever reason. Also, when that wave hits in August you can also get President Apollo

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

The Rage posted:

Nice, I think I'll pick up the Apollo/Dualla pack then, BBTS has it on sale for 24 bucks but with their drat shipping prices, it'll probably cost the same. Can't wait for the Admiral Adama figure though.

You should throw in a Helo while you're there, since it's being cleared out for $3.

I hate that every figure I want is either out of stock or on pre-order. At least they're re-releasing, since Tyrol is now listed everywhere as pre-order, rather than out of stock.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Jace Madan posted:

I found wave 2 of the Toys R Us exclusive BSG figures today. The wave should have been composed of "Razor" Husker Adama, Battle Damaged classic Cylon Pilot, and the gold Cylon commander.

They had 2 pegs full of 'em, but they only had Adama and the Cylon pilot, no Cylon commander. I wonder if they cut him out of the TRU wave since they are releasing him in September as a regular release. Sucks though, he was the one I wanted the most...

Here's the figures: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/04/battlestar-galactica-cylons-land-in-toys-r-us/

That's.... odd. Husker was just released in the last regular wave, as a part of a razor wave.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Fish Of Doom posted:

It's also cool how this Iron Man is in scale with the movie Iron Monger.

Click here for the full 1000x665 image.

:aaa: Dammit, I didn't want to buy any of that new line, but now I think I have to.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Those of you out there collecting battlestar figures, make sure you get your preorders in. Whether figures ever see stores in some cases depends on preorders. For whatever reason they don't show up under the Diamond ordering page, but the item numbers can be found on diamondcomics.com.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Heads up, BSG Collectors: That Entertainment Earth sale includes the Apollo/Duala 2-pack for $13.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Does Diamond Select/Art Asylum have a long, known history of never ever shipping figs even close to their release dates, or is it just Battlestar that's getting dicked over?

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Jace Madan posted:

Here's Diamond's latest round of Q&A concerning Galactica and Stargate, and things don't sound too good.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/08/ask-dst-49/#more-1312

Saw the latest Q&A, which is what made me ask. My local shop refuses to order since they have to order an entire case, rather than just what I want :rolleyes: I guess I could pre-order with DST to do my part to get the line made. Does it count equally if I preorder with somewhere else?

Life was so much easier when my LCBS was owned by a guy who would actually buy/preorder the whole cases, and then sell things to people who wanted them.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

TRU Question!

Diamond has announced a "surprise" wave of Battlestar Figures. Is TRU generally good about putting all their in-store merchandise on the website as well? If not, anyone out there willing to keep an eye out and let me know when these figs hit shelves? I'm not much of a collector outside of a few lines, so I never set foot in a TRU.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Yeah, I mostly just collect BSG, as well as some Iron Man and a smattering of other Marvel figs.

Really I'm mostly interested in the Red Stripe cylon. I've already got the two previous Apollo figures, and will be getting a third if the Leader Wave ever gets made. Boomer looks nice, but with the Boomer/Athena 2-pack due out in September picking up a single, exclusive fig just doesn't seem worth it. Ditto for the existing "Longshot" Anders, as I picked up the first Anders fig when it was a Suncoast exclusive.

I may pick up the TRU exclusive Tigh fig when that comes out, though. I just wish the Admiral Adama figure TRU has online was actually a reality.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

Um...what exactly do you mean by this? I pre-ordered both these on the TRU website a little over a month ago and according to UPS tracking, they're scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Am I going to end up with an empty box? What's going on?

edit: Also, where's a good place to find some of the older BSG figures? I'm slowly building a collection a bit late in the game, but I don't have any "skinjobs" yet.

Well gently caress, I just assumed that when the diamond leader wave got held up, everything did. There's no Tigh on the website anymore, and Adama was "out of stock" yesterday, and is GONE from the site today. I'm glad they're making/shipping new BSG figures, but loving hell, can't they do it in a way that lets people buy them? I've been hesitant to preorder anything since diamond keeps pushing back ship dates; I had no idea TRU was actually going to get figures for their ship dates.

How does the TRU Adama differ from the semi-canceled "Leader Wave" Adama?

EDIT: TRU either needs to build a store closer to my house, or else start putting poo poo on the website.

Doc Faustus fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 17, 2009

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

I'm sure they shortpacked Apollo because that figure brings the current Apollo count to 3, and will be 4 if they ever release the leader wave. Which really makes me wonder why they released a Boomer as part of this wave, given the boomer/athena 2-pack due out soon.

Dammit, I don't want to drive to TRU just for one figure/to be tempted by the other two.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Toys R Us is back to claiming they have the Admiral Adama figure in stock and ready to ship. I'm kinda tempted to order just to see what they send me.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah, this happened to me too. I would be wary of ordering them, you'll probably end up with poo poo you don't want.

I figured. I was mostly amused that Toys R Us apparently has NO IDEA what sort of inventory it actually has.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

I laughed pretty hard when I saw the Baltar figure. I'm glad we're getting baltar figure, but I hope that isn't the final head sculpt. Pretty suave way to salvage the work done for Pres. Adama, though.

So the next wave in general is Cain, Baltar, Adama. The next TRU wave is Adama, Tigh, and...?

Edit: please say Roslin is in the TRU wave. Characters who have been major players since episode one really need to get made.

Doc Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 21, 2009

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Art Asylum/Diamond has pushed back ship dates on Battlestar figs again. Nothing new until January for the first 2-pack (unless they push the whole thing back again.)

:smithicide:

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Jace Madan posted:

Looks like the Starbuck/Leoben and Tigh/Gaeta BSG 2-Packs should be out pretty soon. I originally only wanted the Starbuck/Leoben one, but the Tigh/Gaeta one looks pretty good too...

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/01/bsg-the-legacy-continues/

Amazon lists the Tigh/Gaeta two pack as in stock, and at least one can be found on Ebay, so it sounds like they're out. Still no sign of Starbuck, even though everything still says 1/27 for a release date.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Odd question, but has anyone out there applied the decals for the BSG minimates miniflyers? They include a sheet of stickers with each one, and no guide as to where to apply them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Well, Starbuck and Leoben figs are in stock at Amazon, and I can personally confirm that the Tigh/Gaeta pack is shipping. Just an FYI for the 2 other BSG collectors in the thread.

If anyone but me got Tigh/Gaeta, do they actually have smaller foot pegs than the previous figs? I can't seem to get them to fit on the bases I've used for all the other figs in the series.