Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
You know, I just had a thought. Today I was going through a box, and I still have a "Fathom" exclusive figure from Wizard from god knows how many years ago....

So I wonder, outside of Ebay, is there an official place to find prices on these sort of things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Jet Ready Go posted:

Yeah like the guy above said, priceguides are typically a joke because you need to be more concerned with actual market value. eBay being the leader in moving secondary market action figures, it wouldn't be easy to find anyone willing to buy a figure for too much above eBay prices.

Yeah my question was ignored :(

Ahh, oh well, guess I'll just keep it around for fun and for the fact that it is quite nice looking.

Thanks guys!

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

I'm really thinking Cloak or Dagger, not both, would be amazing because it would piss people off.

I'd like Psylocke, Mystique, and Quasar....Tit wave.

e: Paper Bag Spiderman is a shoe in, of course.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Seriously? You guys think the marvel universe figures look good? Deadpool has a retarded huge sai, and Gambit looked terrible.

At least all of the ones I saw yesterday. At my local wal-mart, they said that they had them out, but they wern't allowed to sell them, they had two employees standing guard.

But most of the paint jobs were spotty, and I won't even go into the Wolverine Origins figures or the Wolverine & The X-men figures, minus Beast, who looked pretty decent.

In fact, the only decent one they had was the Silver Surfer, but i already have his mugg and a statue.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Satsuki posted:

Oddly enough, both of your examples are not Marvel Universe figures. :)

Same production lines, same company. I lump them all in the same lovely category.

edit: Except for Silver Surfer, Iron Man( to a degree), and Hulk.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Hey toy fans, you might enjoy my latest custom job as seen in this thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3102544

That is awesome, why aren't you working in the industry to improve the quality of figures?!

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Fingers McLongDong posted:

my LCBS has one MOC for $60 if you really wanted it I could get it for you

drat, never should have opened mine...oh well!

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Wow, the twins faces are frightening. That reminds me, I still have a DC Joker exclusive from Comic-Con...I should put that up in SAMART....

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Hey man, MAXIMUM CARNAGE was awesome and stuff all it needed were pouches and it would have been the best comic series IMPO

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Mapocho, those are awesome shots, I'd love to know some of the details behind your pictures.

edit: on that note, here are 2 shots I did with a 50mm of Black Mask and my SDCC Joker.

Click here for the full 681x1024 image.

Click here for the full 681x1024 image.

TheKingPuuChuu fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 21, 2009

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Saw the Star trek stuff at Target today...the small figures are on the same quality of the poo poo Marvel Universe line, but the 6" figures are amazing looking. Plus tricorders, phasers, and the Enterprise....

And really, you guys with the Terminator figures, you guys have to be hardcore fans, or Xeno. Those things are laughably bad.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

I will say that the vehicular ones looked awesome, and yes, I had the arnold who was half endo-skeleton when I was a kid from t2.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

I don't actually own a digital camera, but I'll see if I can hijack one from a co-worker or something.

Dude, seriously?

I should convince Shadi to start a fund for you, once he gets unprobated.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Is this the wolvie with retractables? I missed out on Cowboy hat one for this one...I'll be getting at least one.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Well now, prototypes...im going to make sure I get images this year.

Also, a new deadpool? What can they do? Include zombie head?

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

If they do a re-release, that'd make me happy. My Deadpool's limbs are getting loose.

If they include cancer head, instead of making it angry face, they should make him have a grin-face.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

RevKrule posted:

SDCC Exclusive Time:
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/05/hasbro-marvel-san-diego-comic-con-exclusives-press-pics-toyfare-155

All are Marvel Universe Figures.
19" Galactus that lights up.
Age of Thunder Thor
Ultimate Capt America

I can't be the only one getting sick of Cap. I know he's awesome and everything but we don't need a billion versions of him. I understand sending a billion versions to market but for SDCC, try and pick something a little more imaginative I guess.

GOD loving DAMNIT

why am I not going to SDCC this year? Oh that's right, stupid job laying me off last year.

I want one of those Galactus figures now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

So I'm hoping goons are out in SDCC, shooting hundreds of awesome photos for this thread?