Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Ant Man wave is the last one I've seen at the stores near me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Are people seeing the Hulkbuster BAF wave on shelves?

I've seen the whole wave once at a Walmart. They didn't last past the weekend until they were all bought up.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

ShimSham posted:

You're lucky. My Walmart is absolutely drowning in the Thanos wave, along with still some GOTG Iron Man figures. I'm talking 30-40 figures all either Thanos wave or GOTG Iron Man.

With the exception of that one weekend they had the Hulkbuster wave, my Walmart has had same figures from Hobgoblin and Allfather waves warming the pegs for months.

... and all of them have been broken into and had the BAF parts stolen.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Clarence, the Cross-Eyed Ninja

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

BBTS has the Batmobile for $85 with $7 shipping for anyone on the fence.

I've got one ordered along with a Batman. Now I've just gotta figure out a place to put it.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Nice, thanks. What does the batmobile look like? I'll keep an eye out for it and a Phasma too.

It looks a little something like this...

I'm loving this thing. Misty Knight is subbing as a sidekick until I can get a Robin.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 15, 2015

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Sweet Jesus, Neca is putting out a Weird Al toy. http://necaonline.com/55182/products/toys/plush-and-dolls/weird-al-yankovic-clothed-8-action-figure/

This guy is going straight to my work cubicle when he comes out.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

cyberia posted:

Can you recommend a good Ultimate Warrior figure?

I'm happy with my Hall of Fame Ultimate Warrior.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Woah, calm down. They're a local chain that deals in video games and action figures. I've dealt with them before and like them, but if I'm gonna unload a lot of stuff, I just wanna make sure I can calculate and make sure we're both getting a fair deal, that's all.

Edit: They pay out about 20%-30% of an item's value in cash - more if you take it in store credit - and I'm totally cool with that. I just wanted to check out my items to make sure I wouldn't accidentally sell something off thinking it was worth $20 when it's actually worth $200. That's all.

You shouldn't be so driven by greed. Just help out your local businesses by giving them a deal, you MOTHERFUCKER.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

POP QUIZ: you have the cupboard from The Indian in the Cupboard, what do you put in it (and why). Note that the cupboard probably can't accommodate a Hot Toys 1:6 scale Tumblr (or even a regular HT figure, I can't remember how tall the shelves were depicted as).

I think my Defining Moments Ric Flair would be fun to hang out with, although he'd probably bug me all the time to go buy him booze and some Barbies to put in the cupboard for him.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Rage posted:

10+ at my local WG. Out the door I go!

Don't get your hopes up. The site said my store had 6-9 of them, but when I got there all I found were a few Hulkbuster wave figures and a couple Scott Lang Antmans. The guy who worked there said there weren't any in the back either.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

He was lying to you.

I knew it. Fucker was hoarding all those sweet Namor figs for himself.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I finally got around to ordering the NECA Weird Al. I think I'm going to display him with the 80's hair and accordion.

Of course Weird Al got into a wrestling match with the Wolfman.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I've been trying to buy less toys lately, but I always have to pick up the horror stuff. Today I got in NECA's Freddy from Wes Craven's New Nightmare. It's not too bad looking from a distance.

But once you get up close...

Apparently they all have wonky eyes, and also one leg is way longer than the other. The devil head isn't too bad, but it looks like Freddy's wearing a Halloween mask. If I had any skill with customizing I'm sure I could fix the eye.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

My second package arrived this week and I got NECA's Evil Dead II Ash. I'm way more happy with him than the New Nightmare Freddy. My only complaint is that he doesn't come with a chainsaw.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Rogue One Vader has a giant crotch padding as well. It totally sticks out and makes me not want to get it.

That's how Vader rolled back then before the original trilogy. The guy was probably in his early 40s, still playing the field.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Threash posted:

Have you guys ever tried poster putty for figures that want to fall over? It's non-adhesive and just need a little bit to help in most cases on one or both feet. Depending on the figure if you use a little more otherwise impossible one legged poses are sometimes doable.

I use poster putty for my NECA Terminator endoskeleton. That bastard fell over at least once a week before I finally stuck his feet to the shelf.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Yay I got in a couple more horror NECA toys. The first one is Nightmare 3 Freddy. The first thing I noticed is that the paint is a lot more brighter than the Nightmare 1 Freddy. Personally I prefer the darker Freddy. Still it looks good and the claws were straight! Since I've already got 4 Freddys I'll be displaying him with the soul chest and the screaming head with the crucifix burn.

And I've also got Friday the 13th 3(-D) Jason. The box has a lentricular front flap for a 3-D effect. This one is my favorite Jason I've gotten so far. He's kinda slimmer than the zombie Jason from part 6. So zombie Jason gained weight and grew some teeth after he died.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Speaking of YouTube toy reviewers, was it ever revealed what happened to Glenn Webb? He was one of my favorite guys to watch, and he just died suddenly. I thought it was a joke at first. He was only around 40 years old.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Thanks, I just ordered Wolverine.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I treated myself to an early birthday present and ordered the 4 Creatureplica cryptids: the North American Sasquatch, the Himalayan Yeti, the Louisiana Rougarou, and the Horrorhound. Monsters, horror, and paranormal stuff is my weakness so I knew I was going to have to pick these guys up eventually.

First off the figures look amazing. They're pretty big too. Without the bases the Sasquatch is the shortest at 7 inches and the Rougarou and the Horrorhound are around 9 inches. The downside is the articulation. The Rougarou and Horrorhound are decent enough to move around and the Rougarou has jaw articulation, but Yeti and Sasquatch really could have used some ab crunch. For some reason I can't get the Sasquatch to twist at the waist and I'm afraid I'm going to break it in half if I try too hard.

Now I have to figure out where the hell I'm going to display them. I heard the 2nd wave will have Alien Greys and a Wendigo.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

These are cool looking, so I looked up the line. This may be the greatest action figure related image I've ever seen.

You know a toy is good when it gets endorsed by the British Columbia Scientific Cryptozoology Club. Those guys are very protective of their name and brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDT9nFYKwQ

Xenomrph posted:

Do they have one of the Mothman? That's my favorite cryptid.

Not yet. I'm hoping for a Jersey Devil and a Flatwoods Monster.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I stopped by Toys R Us today to look around, and I found 4 NECA 1989 7 inch Batmans so I picked up one. Are they re-releasing those or did I just get lucky?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I have a couple friends that have spent a ton of money collecting those things. The only appealing thing about them is that they have every licence under the sun. So if you want a Superman, a Winnie the Pooh, and the Golden Girls all in the same style and scale it's worth it I guess, but to me they're fad garbage that will be worthless in a couple years.

Retroblasting (a youtube channel about collecting and restoring 70's and 80's toys) put out a fun side video trashing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjesXqDg1Kw

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 10, 2016

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I've been considering buying a Hellraiser puzzle box from thepuzzleboxmaker.com for a while, but I had reservations because they're so pricey. Well today I got in the mahogany and brass Lament Configuration.

I'm seriously impressed with this thing. The pictures really don't do it justice. When you hold it and feel the etched brass plates you can tell it's no cheap replica. It definitely feels like it's worth the price I paid for it.

It comes wrapped in paper, with a small picture of Capt. Elliot Spencer, a cube holder, and a letter telling of the box's storied past. They sell a glass dome and base on the website, but I just bought one from Amazon for less than half the price. Unfortunately it's got a bubble on the top of the dome, but I'm not too concerned about it.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 4, 2017

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Well don't keep us in suspense, open the box! :unsmigghh:

Ok. Let's open the doors to pleasure and pain.

"We have such pies to show you..."

Yay!!!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Realtalk, how much did that thing set you back?

I paid $149 through his ebay store. They have a sale going on right now, but normally they go for $189. He's got a cheaper version for $49.

I know it's nuts to spend that much for a little box that doesn't do anything except look cool, but I love this stuff. I've also got more horror replica stuff ordered. I'll post them as they come in.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Today I got in a Sentinel Sphere from the first Phantasm movie. It's made by Nightmares Unlimited and goes for $150. It looks awesome and has some weight to it. It's stainless steel, and it's like taking a picture of a mirror. The blades or drill don't move, but I didn't expect them to. My only complaint is that there's no hole in the back of it for its victim's blood to spurt out.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 11, 2017

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Funkos are good!

Correction: Funkos are good only as office cubicle decorations because if someone steals them it doesn’t matter.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://www.amazon.com/Legends-Infi...finity+gauntlet

The Marvel Legends Infinity Gauntlet is on sale for $48 for the next 4 and a half hours.

edit: looks like they ran out.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 27, 2018

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Have any of you ever dropped something or had something fall over and break, and apparently the broken piece vanishes into another loving dimension, never to be found?

One time a gun from my Marvel Legends Star Lord fell behind the book case. I moved the book case, and I kept looking around on the floor... nothing. I lifted up the edge of the carpet... nothing. I felt around underneath the wall... and I finally found it.

WTF?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I think I've got a new addiction. I'm loving these Mythic Legions I just picked up. .

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

My latest Mythic Legion, Knubnik the goblin.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

Is that knight from Mythic Legends, too? That figure is very much my poo poo.

Yep, that's Gwendolynne Heavensbrand.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

Thanks! And also I hate you because I think I’m headed down a dark, dark road as my BBTS cart fills up before my eyes.

I'm still very new to this line, but from what I hear the best (least expensive) way to get them is from the Four Horsemen directly either from their preorders or in stock sales. They're supposed to be announcing a sale soon on their site here: http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/

I got mine from BBTS and they run $40 - $50 each. I think they're supposed to be in the $25 - $35ish range from their site, but I could be off.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

So, uh

So how do you buy anything from their store? Like, I'm at http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.com/ but there's no items listed or anything, and clicking any image just takes you back to the storefront.

They only do in-stock sales occasionally and the stock doesn't last long in their store. There should be an announcement coming up for when you can get online and try to buy your toys before all the collectors and scalpers wipe them out. They posted this on the Source Horsemen site:

quote:

Of course, many of you know that that means we’re going to be doing in-stock sales on the All-Stars 2.0 and the Advent of Decay wave, but just so there’s not an all-out bloodbath of people trying to get their hands on them, we’re going to do those sales separately. All-Stars 2.0 will go up for sale first and then about a month or so later, we’ll put Advent of Decay up for sale. We’re not ready yet to announce when the first sale will begin, but we’ll post that info about a week or so before it happens so everyone can be prepared for it.

edit: They also announced a new wave coming up called "Wasteland" that will be available for preorder. Pictures and info should be coming out in the next couple weeks.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 14, 2019

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

It happens all the time at my Walmart too. Marvel figures get swapped out for DC ones or the build-a-figure pieces are just stolen.

This one is my favorite:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I see Hasbro got the license for the "Mattel and Mars Bar Quick Energy Chocobot Hour".

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 16, 2019

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The preorder for Mythic Legions: Wasteland is coming up today at 1pm EST on http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

There’s some designs there that look, uh, familiar.

Yeah they've been making some MotU homage characters.