Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
airza
Dec 21, 2007

...then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.

Alctel posted:

how many arabs does it kill?

The rate at which it kills arabs is comparable to the previous strategy of throwing your money into a hole in the ground, but it consumes less money per arab (mpA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

airza
Dec 21, 2007

...then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.

JonathonSpectre posted:

Why so much focus on the Money-Hole? What about the Soldier-Hole, or the Energy-Hole? These are important things that America needs to waste also, and all this emphasis on the Money-Hole over them is taking valuable destructive capability away from modernizing our soldier- and energy-wasting facilities.

Right now the energy hole is in hiatus- One of Obama's first orders on Jan 20th was a suspension of research into the energy hole while further research was performed on its feasiblity. From the 'green collar' propaganda-perspective, it is difficult to find a source of energy with similar density to oil. Since we are right now putting all of our oil in a giant hole and lighting it on fire in order to have the greatest enviromental damage and wastefulness, it might be difficult to find a 'green alternative' to this.

airza
Dec 21, 2007

There has been some talk of the money burning program with the energy burning program. For example, rolling all of our money in oil and then throwing it into the volcano. It has been suggested as an effective compromise and has enjoyed wide support in this news cycle, but typical Democrat partisanship is preventing it from reaching the Senate Floor*.

*All proposals for wasting equity have to be proposed by the Senate.

airza
Dec 21, 2007

I don't know why the goverment ignored my proposal for a supplemental civilian operated money hole. Providing the citizens with their tax refunds in the form of ten dollar bills dipped in lighter fluid with a box of matches encrusted with diamonds is an effective way to keep costs up while helping to burn money as quickly as possible.

airza
Dec 21, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Ummmm...I don't know if you know but those diamonds explode into several shards which catching the light of the pyre creates an intensified rainbow beam which will shred any ol' russkie "warship" in half. I know you agree with me, I just really thought you should know why you're right.

Excellent. This technology will provide a strong 'first line' defense against our enemies' well-armed and highly visible fleet of large vehicles.

airza
Dec 21, 2007

Svaha posted:

I hear there have been some organized protests at the burning site just last week. The hippy liberal protesters say that this completely vital and essential project is wasting valuable tax dollars that could be better spent on hospitals or schools or some such ridiculous communist propaganda.

What these people don't understand is that in a giant money conflagration, it's inevitable that some otherwise useful money is going to be burnt. It's regrettable byproduct of money pyres, but it's never going to change, so it's best that you just accept it. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs and all that.

Nice username /post combo!

To contribute, I gotta be the first to say, that's a slammin' hottie.

airza
Dec 21, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

A civilian-operated money hole is doomed to failure. The world cannot think even for a second that we would set money ablaze for non-military usage. It sends the wrong smoke signal.

Look, you obviously misinterpreted my post. I'm not saying that the military does a bad job of burning money as fast as possible. America is the best in the world at it. But imagine the worst happens and we need to deploy modern money burning technology. The setup required for money burning of this power and efficiency does require some setup and a quick response civilian money-burning team could help provide temporary relief while the goverment finds whatever kindling is available in the area. (In a pinch, poor people will do if the bank is not packing enough.) A fire of the magnitude needed to secure an area's oxygen and vital resources doesn't just happen overnight. To quote a great man: "Rome wasn't burned in a day."

Try taking your adhoms somewhere else.

airza
Dec 21, 2007

Hardcore Albacore posted:

I feel that I was meant for something more
My curse, this awful power to unmake
And ever since you found your taste for war
You forced me onto those whose life you'd take

While Guernica in peaceful valley lay
And Dresden dreamed of anything but death
The day was turned to night and night to day
You let me loose upon their fragile flesh

And so I hid among the smaller things
You found me there and ferried me above
The flame deluge is waiting in the wings
The smallest thread holds back the second flood

And who will stand to greet the blinding light
It's lonely when there's no one left to fight

Look, it said in the OP to take your protests elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

airza
Dec 21, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

I'm unsure of what you mean by "relief," is this some new sort of technology? Last I heard, the Marines' RELEF-332 was put on indefinite hold while planning for future committee assignments was considered for future RETCON FUBAR.

Look, I don't have the time to explain this to you. Maybe you could check out the latest MHOLECODEX and find it under 'Clue'?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)